Options

How do you drink your coffee?

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,500
edited August 2022 in All Encompassing Trip
I don't drink coffee. Tea (with or without blueberry taste) for life.

But how do you drink yours?
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

How do you drink your coffee? 30 votes

Black
43%
mca47smile6680bootlegger10lastexitlondoniOnlyownMymindelvistheking44JimmyVbrianluxHobbestempo_n_grooveGlorified KClmckenney24Thompson172000 13 votes
with sugar
0%
with cream/milk
30%
PureandEasymcgruff10Get_Rightmarkymark550ZodRunIntoTheRainHughFreakingDillonJPPJ84West Coast Dreamgirl 9 votes
with vegan cream/milk
0%
with sugar + cream/milk
23%
HailHailVitalogyYefaBLACK35nicknyr15jhager79DarthMaeglinRenfield 7 votes
with sugar + vegan cream/milk
3%
static111 1 vote
Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

Comments

• Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,514
    Oh my God. I take my coffee without the vegan agenda. :tongue:
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,413
    Black
    I take my coffee as black as my soul.
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    with sugar + vegan cream/milk
    coconut milk and real maple syrup
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    Black
    I got tired of waking up and realizing we had no milk or cream. Whole day was ruined. I will occasionally drop some cream in on a special occasion like vacation or Christmas morning, but otherwise strong and black.  

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,389
    Black
    I’m waiting for some “feckless” person to add powdered cream…. 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I don’t drink it anymore but when I did, just a splash of creamer — didn’t care what kind. 
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,492
    with sugar + cream/milk
    A dash of cream (chocolate milk is a nice substitute) and a couple small spoons of sugar. I can’t drink double-doubles because the amount of cream makes me gag, lol.

Sipping this nectar of the gods right now, lol.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    I used to make a mean Mexican (or Irish) coffee. One cup and you were flying. I miss/don’t miss that. 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,375
    Don't drink coffee. Never took to it.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,255
    I like my sugar with coffee and cream
    Beastie Boys Book 15 Things We Learned  uDiscover

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    I think the real question is, who drinks it with their pinkie extended?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    Cream and 1 Splenda
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,514
    hedonist said:
    The Swedish tea drinker, he's pointing his pinkie at all the people who aren't using vegan cream.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    Don't touch the stuff.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    The Swedish tea drinker, he's pointing his pinkie at all the people who aren't using vegan cream.
    Tee hee.

Do folks drink that much coffee going with soy or vegan creamer and the like feel it makes much of a difference, health wise?
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    Don’t drink coffee at all but I am a big tea fan. Unless I’m travelling it’s all loose leaf black or green teas. Nothing added, it’s perfect as it comes. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Don’t drink coffee at all but I am a big tea fan. Unless I’m travelling it’s all loose leaf black or green teas. Nothing added, it’s perfect as it comes. 
    I’m surprised I didn’t get tossed out of the UK as I take it straight. All herbal though; can’t do the caffeine. 
  • Options
    Black
    hedonist said:
    I’m surprised I didn’t get tossed out of the UK as I take it straight. All herbal though; can’t do the caffeine. 
    I do green tea now, sometimes herbal.  On weekends it is coffee though.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,235
    I like my sugar with coffee and cream
    Beastie Boys Book 15 Things We Learned  uDiscover

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,664
    hedonist said:
    I don’t drink it anymore but when I did, just a splash of creamer — didn’t care what kind. 
    those flavored creamers - hazelnut, french vanilla, etc. - are the fucking worst. I might almost rather drink tea than coffee with any of that shit.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    hedonist said:
    those flavored creamers - hazelnut, french vanilla, etc. - are the fucking worst. I might almost rather drink tea than coffee with any of that shit.
    Ok, agreed on that. Nasty stuff. I meant I could take whole milk or full-fat cream. One cup a day wasn’t gonna kill me. Never stood on line to pay for a coffee either. Fuck you, Starbucks! 😛 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,205
    Diet Coke is my choice of caffeine. I never could stand the taste of coffee. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    Ooh, no soda for me. One reason I never dug champagne and the like: too many bubbles! Now I just can’t; something liver-related. 
  • Options
    Black
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Ooh, no soda for me. One reason I never dug champagne and the like: too many bubbles! Now I just can’t; something liver-related. 
    Champagne is not that great.  it's fun, sure but I'd rather have something else.  I've done pink, Korbel and Dom and meh.  But give me a nice bourbon and yes please.
  • Options
    Black
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Champagne is not that great.  it's fun, sure but I'd rather have something else.  I've done pink, Korbel and Dom and meh.  But give me a nice bourbon and yes please.
    Why I think Dom is a farce, taken from a coinsures notes.

"These conditions created one of the brightest and most accessible vintages this century. Its bouquet is pure and airy, unfolding through floral notes into tones of candied fruit and ripe hay with toasted elements. Its luxurious palate stretches, becoming more complex and silken, until it eventually renders into an exquisite finish tinged with a final taste reminiscent of sea spray."

When I drink champagne I am NOT looking for ripe hay and sea spray on the pallet it nor do I find those appealing on the nose... Ripe hay makes me think of sneezing and bailing...
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,538
    Black

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,947
    Black
    I was a cream and sugar guy in my 20's.  One day, back in the late 70's, a family member gave me this challenge:  "Drink black French roast coffee and you'll never look back."  She was right.  More than 40 years later its been French roast, black, all the way.  Just finished my first cup this morning!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Black
    I dont have it often. But black is how i would
    I can smell coffee reading the comments 

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    I LOVE the smell of coffee but it made me gag during chemo. Thank goodness that’s passed. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    edited September 2022
    with cream/milk
    2% milk for me.  I drink about 3 cups of coffee a day.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......