Pearl Jam please close each show with a Pearl Jam song

2»

Comments

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    More covers!!! Oh yeah 
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    Really, what they close with is no big deal to me.

however what I don’t like is expected encores. Most bands do it and it’s a bit silly.  If you want two sets or whatever that’s fine.  Expecting your show will be so good you pre plan an encore is a bit pretentious.  We also are conditioned to expect one and don’t even consider it a bonus when it happens.  It’s now part of the show 

if you do consider the last song a bonus/a separate thing, I suppose what that song is doesn’t matter as much 

I don’t have the stats but I would bet the last song of the main set is usually a PJ song 

Tampa '16 was a great example of the "bonus" song. They played Baba O'Riley, and were done, but Mike wanted to play more. Teased YL, played Little Wing.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,107
    edited August 2022
    Close with Evenflow. No one would diss Evenflow if it was the last oomph of energyfilled song played.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • No more covers. Purple Rain in Fresno was a buzzkill. I know I am probably in the minority saying that .
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited August 2022
    mpedone said:
    Really, what they close with is no big deal to me.

however what I don’t like is expected encores. Most bands do it and it’s a bit silly.  If you want two sets or whatever that’s fine.  Expecting your show will be so good you pre plan an encore is a bit pretentious.  We also are conditioned to expect one and don’t even consider it a bonus when it happens.  It’s now part of the show 

if you do consider the last song a bonus/a separate thing, I suppose what that song is doesn’t matter as much 

I don’t have the stats but I would bet the last song of the main set is usually a PJ song 

Tampa '16 was a great example of the "bonus" song. They played Baba O'Riley, and were done, but Mike wanted to play more. Teased YL, played Little Wing.
    That’s what I love. It’s more the surprise.

if that happed at any show I ever went to there is no way I would care what they played 

I’ve never been to a concert from any band that didn’t do the standard encore routine. Maybe a few didn’t have one at all though

knowing you are getting some songs for sure regardless adds to it being anticlimactic as much as song choice 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,217
    They closed Quebec City last night with Indifference. Good times!
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    If my math is proper, so far 3 for 3 on this leg. Thanks PJ !!
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    If my math is proper, so far 3 for 3 on this leg. Thanks PJ !!
    I bet RITFW comes out to play tonight in Toronto. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."