Options

Simpsons vs. King of the Hill

Let's prove dankind wrong. :tongue:

And remember, a vote against King of the Hill is a vote against Tom Petty. Tom Petty .

Simpsons vs. King of the Hill 14 votes

Simpsons
78%
mca47Get_RightMayDay10markymark550mickeyratBLACK35eeriepadavenicknyr15F Me In The BrainJojoRiceWest Coast Dreamgirl 11 votes
King of the Hill
21%
OffSheGoes35PJ_SoulJeBurkhardt 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,358
    Simpsons
    context please?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,514
    King of the Hill
    mickeyrat said:
    context please?
    In the Seinfeld vs. Curb thread, dankind said there was an argument to be made for The Simpsons being the greatest comedy show. 
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,264
    Simpsons
    King of the Hill sucks.  

Yep.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,115
    Simpsons
    Never really got into King of the Hill. The Simpsons during the 90s was must see tv for me.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,625
    Simpsons
    I never really got king of the hill.  A few episodes hooked me into it story-wise, but I don't believe I ever thought it was funny.  Always thought maybe you had to be from the deep south to understand the humor.

Simpsons in its prime was great.  Really broke all sorts of new ground.  It was later surpassed and marginalized when animated comedies like South Park and family guy pushed the envelope far beyond what the Simpsons was capable of.

The correct answer for best and funniest animated series though is Futurama. 
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,514
    King of the Hill
    Futurama is funnier than South Park? I've heard people say this before. Guess I'll have to watch a full episode someday.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,115
    Simpsons
    MayDay10 said:
    I never really got king of the hill.  A few episodes hooked me into it story-wise, but I don't believe I ever thought it was funny.  Always thought maybe you had to be from the deep south to understand the humor.

Simpsons in its prime was great.  Really broke all sorts of new ground.  It was later surpassed and marginalized when animated comedies like South Park and family guy pushed the envelope far beyond what the Simpsons was capable of.

The correct answer for best and funniest animated series though is Futurama. 
    Nope. I'm from the deep south and don't find it that funny.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,625
    Simpsons
    Futurama is funnier than South Park? I've heard people say this before. Guess I'll have to watch a full episode someday.
    As far as slapstick funny, edgy, current events, etc, South park is king

Futurama has such a great Sci fi element, great characters, and smart humor that doesn't ever lean on being crude.