psst...8/19/22 part deux....

2»

Comments

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,305
    RS65573 said:
    Prince increase + print more = worth nothing. Way to kill the golden goose.
    Real shame that flippers can't flip. Real shame.
    WTF- it’s ok for bands to profit off fans but definitely not ok for fans to make a profit off of a band’s merchandise. I don’t understand your logic. 
    I don’t ‘flip’ but once I buy something, isn’t it mine? Why do posters have a “Say no to flippers” sticker on the back of them? It’s only proof that they are authentic, to a third party buyer. 

How can a band like Pearl Jam police what happens to their merchandise after they sell it, and, most importantly, why should they care? 

They want the good stuff to only land in loyal fans hands, please, stop! Release the merch, let it go- you guys make millions making albums, touring and selling merchandise, please forget the merchandise that you have sold! That’s in someone else’s hands, literally.
    Jack White tried this same crap too. Please stop, if I buy something from a seller - it’s mine and I am free sell it, if I wish, and so stop bitching about what I do with it! Just saying 
    Jeez what a delusional take. At least you can still profit from those other bands who sold out of posters in seconds this past week you speak of. 
  • Ha.  Flippers whining about it here is pretty dumb.

Stoked to get this - was the only one I wanted which I did not already have.  Thanks!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,305
    Ha.  Flippers whining about it here is pretty dumb.

Stoked to get this - was the only one I wanted which I did not already have.  Thanks!
    Absolutely hilarious 
  • They can complain, I just think this forum is not someplace where people are going to respond the way they might hope.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,983
    They can complain, I just think this forum is not someplace where people are going to respond the way they might hope.
    Pretty sure sant[a]os has a list & checking it 2wice when mb's come around. See who's gets lost or double baby brained.
  • Loujoe said:
    They can complain, I just think this forum is not someplace where people are going to respond the way they might hope.
    Pretty sure sant[a]os has a list & checking it 2wice when mb's come around. See who's gets lost or double baby brained.
    Hahaha.  Nutsack vulture for them!
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    RS65573 said:
    WTF- it’s ok for bands to profit off fans but definitely not ok for fans to make a profit off of a band’s merchandise. I don’t understand your logic. 
    I don’t ‘flip’ but once I buy something, isn’t it mine? Why do posters have a “Say no to flippers” sticker on the back of them? It’s only proof that they are authentic, to a third party buyer. 

How can a band like Pearl Jam police what happens to their merchandise after they sell it, and, most importantly, why should they care? 

They want the good stuff to only land in loyal fans hands, please, stop! Release the merch, let it go- you guys make millions making albums, touring and selling merchandise, please forget the merchandise that you have sold! That’s in someone else’s hands, literally.
    Jack White tried this same crap too. Please stop, if I buy something from a seller - it’s mine and I am free sell it, if I wish, and so stop bitching about what I do with it! Just saying 
    This reads like it’s a post from an incel thread on the dark web edited for concert posters. Insert true fans for “Stacys” and the band for “Chads” 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,434
    RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:
    This is not about flippers, its about collecting something with a value. I have many 100s of prints...I have 20 hanging all over my house. Making them worth nothing to a degree where they sell for $19 on ebay, makes me, and clearly many, out.
    I think you are in the minority. My guess is that most of us buy a poster because we attended the concert and/or just really like the print.

I have never bought a poster with future value in mind. We create value amongst ourselves. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • tino_11 said:
    RS65573 said:

Haha, of course it is. They are the artists after all. They also control supply, demand and message that goes out with their product. And of course they deserve to be paid. The same can’t be said for some chancer buying things up so other have to pay an inflated price. 

People can’t stop flippers of any collectible item, but if you don’t like the messages they put out then don’t buy (to sell!). 
    You are evidently missing my point. They might control, supply and message (not sure how they would control demand, like you say - make a terrible album nobody buys it?) but once the product is out of their hands(obviously, respecting licensing issues) anyone can sell it if they want. I’m not a flipper but I resent being told what I can do with something that I have bought. 
    tino_11 said:
    RS65573 said:

Haha, of course it is. They are the artists after all. They also control supply, demand and message that goes out with their product. And of course they deserve to be paid. The same can’t be said for some chancer buying things up so other have to pay an inflated price. 

People can’t stop flippers of any collectible item, but if you don’t like the messages they put out then don’t buy (to sell!). 
    You are evidently missing my point. They might control, supply and message (not sure how they would control demand, like you say - make a terrible album nobody buys it?) but once the product is out of their hands(obviously, respecting licensing issues) anyone can sell it if they want. I’m not a flipper but I resent being told what I can do with something that I have bought. 
    Get over yourself. If you really want to sell it they aren't stopping you from doing that on your own.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Philip_IrelandPhilip_Ireland Posts: 663
    edited August 2022
    tino_11 said:
    RS65573 said:

Get over yourself. If you really want to sell it they aren't stopping you from doing that on your own.
    tino_11 said:
    RS65573 said:

Ha, I am over myself. I don’t flip - my point is, don’t tell people what to do with stuff they buy! Someone needs to tell these guys to stop saying “not for resale” on their products- this is totally unenforceable and, obviously not legal. 

Once the work is lawfully sold or even transferred gratuitously, the copyright owner's interest in the material object in which the copyrighted work is embodied is exhausted. The owner of the material object can then dispose of it as they see fit. Thus, one who buys a copy of a book is entitled to resell it, rent it, give it away, or destroy it.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First-sale_doctrine

Post edited by Philip_Ireland on
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:
    This is not about flippers, its about collecting something with a value. I have many 100s of prints...I have 20 hanging all over my house. Making them worth nothing to a degree where they sell for $19 on ebay, makes me, and clearly many, out.
    Or - and I know this is a bonkers idea, but hear me out - these are posters, not investments. Buy posters that have value to YOU, not to others.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,086
    Loujoe said:
    Hahaha.  Nutsack vulture for them!
    Still ISO... Seriously, these shirts don't exist...
    tino_11 said:
    RS65573 said:

tino_11 said:
    RS65573 said:

Ha, I am over myself. I don’t flip - my point is, don’t tell people what to do with stuff they buy! Someone needs to tell these guys to stop saying “not for resale” on their products- this is totally unenforceable and, obviously not legal. 

” Once the work is lawfully sold or even transferred gratuitously, the copyright owner's interest in the material object in which the copyrighted work is embodied is exhausted. The owner of the material object can then dispose of it as they see fit. Thus, one who buys a copy of a book is entitled to resell it, rent it, give it away, or destroy it.”

Legal? Jesus you are way too fixated on this. That "not for resale" demand is completely enforceable by 10c as they will kick your ass out if you are caught. It sounds like you have already admitted to reselling and ignoring that demand/request so I would kick you out just for that.

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,086
    tino_11 said:
    RS65573 said:

tino_11 said:
    RS65573 said:

” Once the work is lawfully sold or even transferred gratuitously, the copyright owner's interest in the material object in which the copyrighted work is embodied is exhausted. The owner of the material object can then dispose of it as they see fit. Thus, one who buys a copy of a book is entitled to resell it, rent it, give it away, or destroy it.”

Legal? Jesus you are way too fixated on this. That "not for resale" demand is completely enforceable by 10c as they will kick your ass out if you are caught. It sounds like you have already admitted to reselling and ignoring that demand/request so I would kick you out just for that.

Dude has been around forever.  He's not a flipper.  He has a valid point yet everyone wants to pile on.

This topic has been talked about ad nauseam.  Que the beating horse meme someone.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,040
    edited August 2022
    tino_11 said:
    RS65573 said:

tino_11 said:
    RS65573 said:

When you buy a poster from 10C, you agree to their terms and conditions. 

If they find out you resold something you agreed not to resell, they can kick you out of the club. 

It's totally legal, and totally fair. 

Cry about it. 
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    Wait, is it "not for resale" or "say no to flippers"?

And, here's the thing. The Ten Club can totally kick you out for flipping. They can restrict sales to club members. All of that said, you can still sell/flip whatever you'd like. They can't stop you from that, they can merely enforce certain consequences, and, perhaps adjust the supply to make flipping less possible (also known as increasing supply to meet demand). I'm really not sure why anyone is upset by any of this.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,449
    I think the question always comes back to why is the Lost Dogs section of the forum even available then? Unless they are only enforcing it post whatever year they started saying it. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,933
    edited August 2022
    tino_11 said:
    RS65573 said:

tino_11 said:
    RS65573 said:

When you buy a poster from 10C, you agree to their terms and conditions. 

If they find out you resold something you agreed not to resell, they can kick you out of the club. 

It's totally legal, and totally fair. 

Cry about it. 
    Posters and other items are flipped here all the time. The ten club seems to be fine with it. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• karl_chihirokarl_chihiro Posts: 438
    edited September 2022
    Very nice in person this one :D
    Thanks again.
    26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.