Comments

• @Santos L. Halper any chance for the mystery poster sweepstakes from years ago?
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • TA243471TA243471 Posts: 1,234
    Sneaky.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2, Missoula
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,216
    Sweet!
  • BC62528BC62528 Posts: 210
    Nice print.
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,143
    @Santos L. Halper any chance for the mystery poster sweepstakes from years ago?
    Patiently waiting for anything Pearl Jam & Mystery
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 || Chicago, IL August 29, 2024 
  • Not much love for these last four posters, evidently. 
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    Prince increase + print more = worth nothing. Way to kill the golden goose.
  • RS65573 said:
    Real shame that flippers can't flip. Real shame.
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    RS65573 said:
    This is not about flippers, its about collecting something with a value. I have many 100s of prints...I have 20 hanging all over my house. Making them worth nothing to a degree where they sell for $19 on ebay, makes me, and clearly many, out.
  • i got idi got id Posts: 867
    I think this one is awesome...And I'm really happy that these are easier to get. Cool art for reasonable price that's easy to obtain makes me happy.
  • JayfesukJayfesuk Posts: 97
    i got id said:
    I think this one is awesome...And I'm really happy that these are easier to get. Cool art for reasonable price that's easy to obtain makes me happy.
    Yes, I’m happy there seems to be a lot of these so far and easy to get for any who wants them.
  • I like this one quite a bit, I was happy snag it. I like that these are becoming easier to obtain, we've all had ones we loved that we missed out on and can't afford on ebay, or can't justify spending the money on. If you love the band and love the artwork then who cares what the resale value is, its all subjective anyway.
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,278
    This is a cool poster in person, as is the Zurich and Pinkpop. Not sure why these posters aren’t selling out like in 2018, as on the whole they are a fantastic bunch of posters and better than the 2018 ones. My guess is they have printed more or the cost of living crisis is starting to hit many of us quite hard. 
  • Philip_IrelandPhilip_Ireland Posts: 663
    edited August 2022
    RS65573 said:
    Think the reason nobody is flipping them is because they are not very good. They are all getting a bit samey now- another sporty/ice hockey one, another skull/statue one, one that looks like the print given out with the membership a few years back and a weird one with an unidentifiable animal being shot with arrows while his rider blows his trumpet- nice. 
    Post edited by Philip_Ireland on
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,099
    Hope the trend of them being easier to get continues for the rest of the tour
    'F*** the pessimists. F*** 'em.' Eddie Vedder
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,837
    RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:
    This is not about flippers, its about collecting something with a value. I have many 100s of prints...I have 20 hanging all over my house. Making them worth nothing to a degree where they sell for $19 on ebay, makes me, and clearly many, out.
    No, it means they paid $45 for a poster that they can probably sell for at least $45 one day.

I doubt anyone is putting Berlin 2022 on their wall unless they went to the show.  Worst case scenario they get their money back one day.  Everything you buy can’t be guaranteed to go up in value.  
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,837
    edited August 2022
    RS65573 said:
    Think the reason nobody is flipping them is because they are not very good. They are all getting a bit samey now. 
    Europe show posters were really good compared to US tour I thought.  Like with new Pearl Jam music, familiarity will lessen the excitement.  I wonder if more people are exiting the poster game these days and that is why they are still for sale.  Have no clue.  
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,983
    RS65573 said:
    Think the reason nobody is flipping them is because they are not very good. They are all getting a bit samey now. 
    Europe show posters were really good compared to US tour I thought.  Like with new Pearl Jam music, familiarity will lessen the excitement.  I wonder if more people are exiting the poster game these days and that is why they are still for sale.  Have no clue.  
    I love cool poster art. Esp pj. Just broke and out of room. If emek, welker or some other hot beauty pops up, I won't be able to resist. I'm guessing that poland and london swan will sell pretty quickly. Rhys should be gone by now too. Imo. He is a poster beast!
    edited August 2022
    drfox said:
    This is a cool poster in person, as is the Zurich and Pinkpop. Not sure why these posters aren’t selling out like in 2018, as on the whole they are a fantastic bunch of posters and better than the 2018 ones. My guess is they have printed more or the cost of living crisis is starting to hit many of us quite hard. 
    Don’t think it’s a cost of living issue- think it’s more of a lack of good poster issue. Other bands have sold out of their prints in seconds, literally, in the last week. 
    edited August 2022
    RS65573 said:
    WTF- it’s ok for bands to profit off fans but definitely not ok for fans to make a profit off of a band’s merchandise. I don’t understand your logic. 
    I don’t ‘flip’ but once I buy something, isn’t it mine? Why do posters have a “Say no to flippers” sticker on the back of them? It’s only proof that they are authentic, to a third party buyer. 

How can a band like Pearl Jam police what happens to their merchandise after they sell it, and, most importantly, why should they care? 

They want the good stuff to only land in loyal fans hands, please, stop! Release the merch, let it go- you guys make millions making albums, touring and selling merchandise, please forget the merchandise that you have sold! That’s in someone else’s hands, literally.
    Jack White tried this same crap too. Please stop, if I buy something from a seller - it’s mine and I am free sell it, if I wish, and so stop bitching about what I do with it! Just saying 
  • RS65573 said:first off welll done you for having many 100s of prints...its not about collecting something with value, it's about letting people enjoy, saviour, remember some good times 
    RS65573 said:

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,305
    People crying that posters are too easily available and not flippable. This place…
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,305
    RS65573 said:
    RS65573 said:
    Peace! Now people who want a souvenir can actually have one without dealing with flippers. Oh , I’m sorry… “poster investors?” 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,933
    They’re not selling out because it’s the Euro tour and the people most likely to buy them are in Europe but the shipping cost is prohibitive. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    They’re not selling out because it’s the Euro tour and the people most likely to buy them are in Europe but the shipping cost is prohibitive. 
    Don’t think this is the case. In 2018 most of the European prints were snapped up in 30 minutes. I’m in lots of PJ poster groups and collectors worldwide were buying the bulk of them. Lots of these collectors seem to have disappeared since then. 
  • MRMACPHISTO75MRMACPHISTO75 Posts: 405
    edited August 2022
    on2legs said:
    True, the dollar has crashed, shipping has gone up. It is working out about £60 per print to ship to the UK, which I think is double the show price. Still think they should have been made available in the UK / EU store, where shipping is more reasonable. I would have probably bought a few already, but now looking at cost. I actually bought a few AP’s as the cost worked out the same nearly as they were shipped from UK/EU
    Post edited by MRMACPHISTO75 on
    4784495 - Thomas 9
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,099
    RS65573 said:
    WTF- it’s ok for bands to profit off fans but definitely not ok for fans to make a profit off of a band’s merchandise. I don’t understand your logic. 
    I don’t ‘flip’ but once I buy something, isn’t it mine? Why do posters have a “Say no to flippers” sticker on the back of them? It’s only proof that they are authentic, to a third party buyer. 

How can a band like Pearl Jam police what happens to their merchandise after they sell it, and, most importantly, why should they care? 

They want the good stuff to only land in loyal fans hands, please, stop! Release the merch, let it go- you guys make millions making albums, touring and selling merchandise, please forget the merchandise that you have sold! That’s in someone else’s hands, literally.
    Jack White tried this same crap too. Please stop, if I buy something from a seller - it’s mine and I am free sell it, if I wish, and so stop bitching about what I do with it! Just saying 
    Haha, of course it is. They are the artists after all. They also control supply, demand and message that goes out with their product. And of course they deserve to be paid. The same can’t be said for some chancer buying things up so other have to pay an inflated price. 

People can’t stop flippers of any collectible item, but if you don’t like the messages they put out then don’t buy (to sell!). 
    'F*** the pessimists. F*** 'em.' Eddie Vedder
    on2legs said:
    True, the dollar has crashed, shipping has gone up. It is working out about £60 per print to ship to the UK, which I think is double the show price. Still think they should have been made available in the UK / EU store, where shipping is more reasonable. I would have probably bought a few already, but now looking at cost. I actually bought a few AP’s as the cost worked out the same nearly as they were shipped from UK/EU
    Isn’t it the other way round - dollar now much stronger than £ and €, making it more expensive to ship to U.K./Europe? Same here though - have bought the APs for all the prints I like as many of them are now only £0-20 more expensive than the SEs, eg the Grace, Domaradzki, Cooper etc. Some are still much much cheaper from 10c though like the Ames, Munk One, prints sold through Conflux Co etc
  • MRMACPHISTO75MRMACPHISTO75 Posts: 405
    edited August 2022
    drfox said:
    on2legs said:
    Isn’t it the other way round - dollar now much stronger than £ and €, making it more expensive to ship to U.K./Europe? Same here though - have bought the APs for all the prints I like as many of them are now only £0-20 more expensive than the SEs, eg the Grace, Domaradzki, Cooper etc. Some are still much much cheaper from 10c though like the Ames, Munk One, prints sold through Conflux Co etc
    Sorry, yes. I meant pound crashed against the dollar. 👍 yes, the American were more expensive. I think Conflux were charging $70 for shipping alone.
    Post edited by MRMACPHISTO75 on
    4784495 - Thomas 9
    drfox said:
    on2legs said:
    Sorry, yes. I meant pound crashed against the dollar. 👍 yes, the American were more expensive. I think Conflux were charging $70 for shipping alone.
    Yep. Euro crashed as well. Dollar is just strong vs the pound and Euro at the moment