MSG 9/11 show & Jets game

CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
I was thinking about going to the Jets game @ 1pm, taking path train into midtown after for the show

just got an email that they have tix for the game @ Ticketmaster 40% off uppers

If anyone else is interested

Comments

• smile6680smile6680 Posts: 378
    I can't make it. It sounds like a great idea though. I hope you have a great time.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    Looking for some real pain and sadness before the show? 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    Haha

ravens are playing too 😉

jets SHOULD be entertaining, I think

im sure they will have a 9/11 ceremony, opening game
  • biz999biz999 Posts: 173
    CROJAM95 said:
    Haha

ravens are playing too 😉

As someone who is still struggling getting back to crowds (concerts, sports, etc.) Going to back-to-back large events gives me anxiety.

I'm currently still in the 'attend an event, wait 5 days anxiously to make sure I don't get the covid' and repeat.

BTW, I am by no means knocking you (or anyone else), everyone is getting back to their own comfort levels at their own pace.
  • i got idi got id Posts: 867
    As a Ravens fan, this is the dream...If I can find a reasonable MSG ticket...
  • droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,430
    The train back into town from the meadowlands is brutal....just prepare yourself for that. When I went for a Pats/Jets game a few years back we probably waited for an hour and a half like cattle to board a train. It may have improved since then but that's been my experience.

Side note: I'm sure the misery of waiting for that train is far less than that of being a Jets fan :)
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,889
    Anyone know a good sports bar in MSG vicinity to watch all NFL games that day? 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,442
    Haven’t been there for football before, but Stout (right down the street from MSG), is usually where I go to hang out and grab a beer and bite to eat before MSG shows. They have a ton of tv’s so I’m assuming it would be good for football.  
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,442
    CROJAM95 said:
    I was thinking about going to the Jets game @ 1pm, taking path train into midtown after for the show

As a life-long die-hard jets fan (unfortunately), I think this is a great idea! I’m gonna look into it. I think it would be great to juxtapose the emotional lows of a jets game with the emotional highs of a PJ show. 
  • ImgonnalounickImgonnalounick Milwaukee Posts: 45
    Try Scruffy Duffys on 10th ave. Great wings, just google it.
    steven87 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

As a life-long die-hard jets fan (unfortunately), I think this is a great idea! I’m gonna look into it. I think it would be great to juxtapose the emotional lows of a jets game with the emotional highs of a PJ show. 
    steven87 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Thats funny. Hopefully Becton can get and stay healthy for you guys. 
  • pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Posts: 576
    edited August 2022
    Molly wee pub, but don’t tell anyone, it’s more of a Irish drinking bar tho. 
    Post edited by pawlowski1097 on
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,346
    CROJAM95 said:
    Haha

ravens are playing too 😉

Super. There's nothing I enjoy more when at a sporting event than being reminded of the murder of nearly 3,000 people, including two who were my friends.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    BF25394 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Haha

ravens are playing too 😉

Super. There's nothing I enjoy more when at a sporting event than being reminded of the murder of nearly 3,000 people, including two who were my friends.
    This post would fit in nicely in my "honest question" thread. 
    I'm truly sorry about your friends
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    Oh shit… I would love to see the Ravens! But PJ show will totally be occupying my headspace all day, it’s a no go.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    biz999 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Haha

ravens are playing too 😉

As someone who is still struggling getting back to crowds (concerts, sports, etc.) Going to back-to-back large events gives me anxiety.

I'm currently still in the 'attend an event, wait 5 days anxiously to make sure I don't get the covid' and repeat.

BTW, I am by no means knocking you (or anyone else), everyone is getting back to their own comfort levels at their own pace.
    If you are vaccinated and not health comprised… I wouldn’t worry so hard. I finally got Covid a month ago, you feel like crap for two weeks and then you’re fine. Not worth living in fear of crowds forever, but that’s my 2c.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    BF25394 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Haha

ravens are playing too 😉

Sorry for your losses, was just stating there would prob be something of remembrance… for some it helps the healing

again sorry if I offended you by bringing this up, it was a terrible terrible day
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,346
    CROJAM95 said:
    BF25394 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Haha

ravens are playing too 😉

Sorry for your losses, was just stating there would prob be something of remembrance… for some it helps the healing

again sorry if I offended you by bringing this up, it was a terrible terrible day
    No apology necessary.  You didn't offend me by bringing it up.  My distaste is for the remembrances themselves, which are just jarring at sporting events, particularly more than 20 years after the event.  I think sometimes they do them only because they're afraid they'll get criticized if they don't.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.