Vote for your favorite Pearl Jam songs in celebration of the band’s 31st anniversary

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,217
    Bump!
    dmbolp said:
    Absolutely nothing to do with the poll, but when PJ (and DMB) celebrated their 25th anniversaries in 2016 with tours I ordered the below jersey from mlb.com for $99.  When it arrived I was all excited to show my wife, Young, what I was going to wear to all the shows.

wife: "You know who else is celebrating their 25th anniversary this year???"

me: "No who???", hoping some other band was also having a tour

wife: "We are, you idiot!!!"

So I quickly ordered the "Peter & Young" patch on eBay  :)

Cool!
    Here's hoping it's up on Sirius OnDemand. If not hopefully someone is a le to capture this broadcast.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,768
    31. DTE
    I miss igotid88
    Some guy just said Better Man is a good first dance song
    I miss igotid88
  • maverickmaverick Posts: 1,199
    edited September 2022
    Can someone please post the list once it’s final?  I’ve picked it up in spots here and there in the car.  Nice to hear some friends introducing songs.  

Daughter 
    Long Road
    Unthought Known
    missed an hour. 

14. Indifference 
    13. Breath
    12. Immortality
    11. Better Man
    10. Small Town 
    9. Yellow Ledbetter 
    8. Present Tense 
    7. Alive 
    6. State of Love & Trust
    5. Given To Fly
    4. Cordoroy. 
    3. Rearviewmirror
    2. Release
    1. Black

Post edited by maverick on
    Some familiar voices introducing the songs. Others I only know by name
    I miss igotid88
  • BC62528BC62528 Posts: 210
    edited September 2022
    Once upon a time we might have believed it if someone started a rumor that these 31 songs would make up the setlist at the Sirius sponsored event at the Apollo - but I think that ship has sailed…
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,420
    demetrios said:
    Probably the one that sticks out as surprising on the list to me is I am Mine.  Think Top 10 is a good fair list 
  • rummyrummy Posts: 4,436
    edited September 2022
    No Once, Go, Animal, Last Exit, Not For You, Faithfull, or Brain of J? :(
    Post edited by rummy on
    By my count…
    Ten - 6 songs
    Vs - 4 songs
    Vitalogy - 4 songs
    No Code - 4 songs
    Yield - 3 songs
    Binaural - 0 (!) songs
    Riot Act - 1 song
    Self Titled - 1 song
    Backspacer - 2 songs!
    Lightning Bolt - 0 songs
    Gigaton - 0 songs
    Non-Album tracks - 6 songs

• rahjiimrahjiim Posts: 147
    rummy said:
    By my count…
    Ten - 6 songs
    Vs - 4 songs
    Vitalogy - 4 songs
    No Code - 4 songs
    Yield - 3 songs
    Binaural - 0 (!) songs
    Riot Act - 1 song
    Self Titled - 1 song
    Backspacer - 2 songs!
    Lightning Bolt - 0 songs
    Gigaton - 0 songs

It's sad, but also due to the way this worked (or didn't). I found the task impossible, looked at the list and clicked on songs I love, but ended up with a random selection. But I think I never left the nineties. 
    Then I found out I could vote more than once,, and started at the top again. But before I reached the later albums, it didn't work anymore. 
  • rahjiimrahjiim Posts: 147
    rahjiim said:
    rummy said:
    By my count…
    Ten - 6 songs
    Vs - 4 songs
    Vitalogy - 4 songs
    No Code - 4 songs
    Yield - 3 songs
    Binaural - 0 (!) songs
    Riot Act - 1 song
    Self Titled - 1 song
    Backspacer - 2 songs!
    Lightning Bolt - 0 songs
    Gigaton - 0 songs

It's sad, but also due to the way this worked (or didn't). I found the task impossible, looked at the list and clicked on songs I love, but ended up with a random selection. But I think I never left the nineties. 
    Then I found out I could vote more than once,, and started at the top again. But before I reached the later albums, it didn't work anymore. 
    Would be intesting to do this again with the songs listed In reverse order. 
  • no HTI or dissident either. 
    "I remember when you sang that song about today, now it's tomorrow and everything has changed." - Bu$hleaguer
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Come Back and Nothing As It Seems jump out as omissions. Still a pretty good list. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    I’d be curious to see the raw numbers (ie, how many votes each song received).
    They have so many great songs. If a few thousand more voted the list probably changes drastically 
    I miss igotid88
  • Am I the only surprised that In My Tree (great song, yes) made it in over Why Go and Not for You?
    3/20/94--Ann Arbor, MI
    6/14/98--Washington, DC
    8/7/00--Atlanta, GA
    4/28/03--Philadelphia, PA
    10/3/05--Philadelphia, PA
    6/19/08--Camden, NJ
    10/31/09--Philadelphia, PA (viva la Spectrum)
    10/21/13--Philadelphia, PA
    4/29/16--Philadelphia, PA (a/k/a The Night They Played TEN)
    9/14/22–Camden, NJ
    igotid88 said:
    They have so many great songs. If a few thousand more voted the list probably changes drastically 

Oh big time!
  • My guess is that with only 5 max choices, some may not have wanted to use all of their votes on "Ten" (Release, Black, Alive, Porch, Evenflow, Jeremy all got in). Why Go is one of my faves, but did not make my top 5. Garden also, so close. 4 of my 5 made it.

Last Exit did not. That also surprises me. But with only 5 votes, what would have been many people's #6-10 choices likely didn't make the list, even though they are still very highly regarded.
  • I used most of my votes on Yield and No Code songs.. Faithfull, In Hiding, In My Tree, Present Tense, and then I Got Id. Looks like all by my actual favorite made it, so.. good job fans, for how these lists usually end up?? 
  • TinaETinaE Posts: 1,484
    The list is great so far, it's just a shame that not a single Gigaton song made it on it...
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

TinaE said:
    The list is great so far, it's just a shame that not a single Gigaton song made it on it...
    I voted for Dance
    I miss igotid88
  • TinaETinaE Posts: 1,484
    igotid88 said:
    TinaE said:
    I voted for Dance
    Me too
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
    MS142392 said:
    Am I the only surprised that In My Tree (great song, yes) made it in over Why Go and Not for You?
    Over the two songs? Yes/maybe. However, In My Tree is a beloved song on a beloved album.

I’ve already listed a few songs that I was surprised didn’t make the cut but having neither Go nor Animal is quite a surprise. Oddly enough, not a single album opener made the list!
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,099
    igotid88 said:
    TinaE said:
    I voted for Dance
    Always going to be hard for songs off Gigaton to make the list. People have 30 years attachment to some of these songs, we've had 2 years of Gigaton. 

Overall it's a good list IMO. There's some I personally wouldn't have anywhere near my top 31 and others which I definitely would. Light Years was a surprise omission for me. 
    'F*** the pessimists. F*** 'em.' Eddie Vedder
    demetrios said:

Bump!