Ticketmaster tickets hacked

My account for Ticketmaster was hacked and someone stole my Camden NJ tickets for September. They changed the email address for the account and took the tickets with them. When I attempted to sign in to TM my account my email was no longer in the system. TM responded with a bogus email account stating that account had purchased the tickets. That's where my order number was traced back to. 
Has anyone else had this problem or any advice what I can do? I'm not getting any resolution from TM. Thanks... 
D. Knight

Comments

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,688
    Wow. That’s insane. Sorry that happened. Did you already download the tickets from your account to your phone wallet. If so, they might still be there. 
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,640
    Got to be someone you know, how else would they know you had Camden tickets or any tickets to take. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023 • Baltimore 2024

• DK31377DK31377 Posts: 4
    I claimed the tickets from the original email of purchase and they went into my TM account. That's where they would stay until the date of the show. I didn't have any issues with the Earthlings show when I needed to use them for the Beacon in NY. I don't have a wallet for an iphone since I have a droid I believe.
    D. Knight
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,517
    RS151862 said:
    Got to be someone you know, how else would they know you had Camden tickets or any tickets to take. 

Shared password.  When things like banks or big websites get "hacked", they didn't usually get hacked.  Quite often the password on the account was also being used on less secure websites, the less secure website gets hacked, people share/sell email/password lists, and then people start trying to them on big websites to see if they work and what they can access :(

Never use same passwords on websites connect to finances (online stores, banking, etc..).
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,889
    Zod said:
    RS151862 said:

Shared password.  When things like banks or big websites get "hacked", they didn't usually get hacked.  Quite often the password on the account was also being used on less secure websites, the less secure website gets hacked, people share/sell email/password lists, and then people start trying to them on big websites to see if they work and what they can access :(

Never use same passwords on websites connect to finances (online stores, banking, etc..).
    Good advice.  At the same time, it can be difficult to remember so many passwords.  Good luck to the OP,  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    Zod said:
    RS151862 said:

Good advice.  At the same time, it can be difficult to remember so many passwords.  Good luck to the OP,  
    Password manager.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • DK31377DK31377 Posts: 4
    Thankfully TM was able to resolve this problem this morning and the tickets are back in my new account. Be careful and keep an eye on your accounts. Hope to see everyone there!
    D. Knight
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    DK31377 said:
    Thankfully TM was able to resolve this problem this morning and the tickets are back in my new account. Be careful and keep an eye on your accounts. Hope to see everyone there!
    Glad this worked out. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited July 2022
    Zod said:
    RS151862 said:

Yes

if you have an iPhone it’s easy. It’ll tell you any reused passwords you have so you can change them and will tell you if it’s detected if any  of your passwords are compromised ( not sure how they know that but they do)

you need some sort of password manager if you’ve got hundreds of unique and complicated passwords

always use two factor authentication if available  

someone signed into my Hulu account from Brazil once. It was a unique password so they got it from Hulu. Once I got the email of a new sign in, I changed my password. Easy.  They couldn’t use that password for anything else anyway 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Had the same thing happen to me in 2019 with Rolling Stones tickets. TM actually helped with that as well. Since then I always have my iphone generate a password for TM that is unique.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,517
    Yah I learned this in the playstation hack 10+ years ago.   I didn't realize it, but I had the same password on PSN and Paypal.  Someone tried to send a $3000 payment via paypal. Luckily my email had a seperate password so I immediately got an email when it got sent.   I called Paypal, they said they'd cancel it, but I also called my bank and froze the account.  They told me the charge still attempted to go through.

So yah, I learned the hard way, but luckily I was halfway there and the email with it's own password saved my bacon.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,227
    Ticketmaster doesn't offer the two factor authentication, right?