ENCORE BREAK
    18. BLACK
    19. DTE
    20. ALIVE
    21. YLB

END OF SHOW

Thank you sirs, may we have another.
    That might be accurate 
    Except for You Are. Yes it very well could be.
  • DiscopijDiscopij Posts: 479
    Could have been a great set but they started late and crossed off songs … can’t believe we are at the stage where we have to beg for 25 songs but I guess that’s where we are
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,158
    Watchtower gets crossed off A LOT. Personally, I've been to 4 shows where it didn't make the cut. It frequently gets replaced with something that isn't even on the list. Wrigley 1 in 2018 had a phenomenal closing 3 on the original list: Baba O'Riley, Indifference, All Along the Watchtower. Instead we got RITFW and Yellow Ledbetter. It's almost like they wanna do it. I don't understand.
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 655
    Pushing 60, etc...what sounded like fun earlier in the day seems like too heavy a lift at the end of the night,
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • HaijayHaijay Posts: 376
    AATW blows, maybe that’s the reason
  • Jcanr20Jcanr20 Illinois Posts: 159
    Go Animal said:
    Who was Save You written for?
    I believe only Kurt was officially name-checked, but Ed also said the lyrics were about everyone in their circle(s) who died from Heroin overdose/longterm usage (Layne, John Baker Saunders, Dee Dee Ramone, etc.)
    "One thing I've learned about addiction in the last few years is that having seen other folk go through it, and really not having done that, with heroin which can grip you that intensely. I didn't have a complete understanding and a lot of times it was easy to come to the conclusion that you place blame on the person or accuse them of weakness or ask, "Why couldn't Kurt keep it together?" There was always that in the back of your mind. So with all the sympathy and empathy you could muster you still felt like, "Wow, there was so much to live for." What I've learned is there really isn't any blame. It has happened to some folks I cared about so much and had it so together, so it really isn't blame thing. I think the song is expressing how badly you want to help." - Ed, 2011
    This notion reappears on Earthling's "Brother the Cloud"
    Thanks for the info. I just love the lyrics to Save You. I have suffered from depression for a long time and survived a horrific suicide attempt that cost me a leg. Since then I have been in groups with other depressed folks and I just think of this song because I want to help so bad because I hate to see people suffer so horribly. In a way it's like Ed is speaking to all of us that suffer from addiction, depression or just about anything. Great song. I have to say, I think I misinterpreted the lyrics to Last Exit prior to my attempt because I had made that my anthem. I should have been listening to Present Tense, Save You, Life Wasted, All Those Yesterdays etc. I know I am leaving some out but that's why I love Pearl Jam and Eddie Vedder. So many songs that mean so much to all of us. That's why I am here every day following along with the set lists. Sorry to ramble.
  • potnik said:
    Was wondering based on the added context.
    I remember reading a long time ago it was written about Mike when he was struggling with drugs. I’ll try to find the interview 
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,618
    Jcanr20 said:
    Go Animal said:
    I believe only Kurt was officially name-checked, but Ed also said the lyrics were about everyone in their circle(s) who died from Heroin overdose/longterm usage (Layne, John Baker Saunders, Dee Dee Ramone, etc.)
    "One thing I've learned about addiction in the last few years is that having seen other folk go through it, and really not having done that, with heroin which can grip you that intensely. I didn't have a complete understanding and a lot of times it was easy to come to the conclusion that you place blame on the person or accuse them of weakness or ask, "Why couldn't Kurt keep it together?" There was always that in the back of your mind. So with all the sympathy and empathy you could muster you still felt like, "Wow, there was so much to live for." What I've learned is there really isn't any blame. It has happened to some folks I cared about so much and had it so together, so it really isn't blame thing. I think the song is expressing how badly you want to help." - Ed, 2011
    Thanks for the info. I just love the lyrics to Save You. I have suffered from depression for a long time and survived a horrific suicide attempt that cost me a leg. Since then I have been in groups with other depressed folks and I just think of this song because I want to help so bad because I hate to see people suffer so horribly. In a way it's like Ed is speaking to all of us that suffer from addiction, depression or just about anything. Great song. I have to say, I think I misinterpreted the lyrics to Last Exit prior to my attempt because I had made that my anthem. I should have been listening to Present Tense, Save You, Life Wasted, All Those Yesterdays etc. I know I am leaving some out but that's why I love Pearl Jam and Eddie Vedder. So many songs that mean so much to all of us. That's why I am here every day following along with the set lists. Sorry to ramble.
    Hey, we're all glad you're still here, bud. Music is like fuel for life. Keep pumpin'👊
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Jcanr20 said:
    Go Animal said:
    Ramble on, my friend. That's why we're here. Glad you are here with us. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,158
    ddeschler said:
    Pushing 60, etc...what sounded like fun earlier in the day seems like too heavy a lift at the end of the night,
    This sounds plausible. While they have played it before, it doesn't get played often. They seem to retreat to more familiar material. 
  • treestrees Posts: 1,866
    Go Animal said:
    Hey PJ, literally play anything you want and do not listen to anyone on here who is crying & complaining. Love ya!😘
    I second  that  notion 

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • treestrees Posts: 1,866
    Layne Staly I believe 

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • JimmyV said:
    You've already got covers in the set. Maybe play a Pearl Jam song to end a Pearl Jam show?
    You know they’ve been playing RITFW as the final song at various times for years now right?

Honestly, some of the self entitled bollocks on this thread alone reminds me why I seldom visit this forum these days
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,323
    JimmyV said:
    You've already got covers in the set. Maybe play a Pearl Jam song to end a Pearl Jam show?
    You know they’ve been playing RITFW as the final song at various times for years now right?

Honestly, some of the self entitled bollocks on this thread alone reminds me why I seldom visit this forum these days
    Please explain how discussing song choices for a set list is self entitled. You know they’ve also been playing about 8-12 songs less than they have been for years now right? Maybe that’s a reason why some fans want less covers and more PJ songs? I guess that’s self entitled? 
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:

Please explain how discussing song choices for a set list is self entitled. You know they’ve also been playing about 8-12 songs less than they have been for years now right? Maybe that’s a reason why some fans want less covers and more PJ songs? I guess that’s self entitled? 
    You are entitled to your opinion. However, your argument was lost on me when you mentioned on another thread that PJ had “groomed us” and the shorter setlists were somehow nefarious. C’mon man. Creeps groom young people to do or have them do for monetary gain deplorable acts. 
    To call the guys in PJ a bunch of groomers is pretty lame imo 

JimmyV said:

Super fans throwing themselves on pebbles as if they are grenades the band needs protection from will never not be funny. 

Following this particular band and not only not being curious about what has changed since 2018, but also actually getting angry at those who are, is so very strange. Completely and totally bizarre. 

JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Super fans throwing themselves on pebbles as if they are grenades the band needs protection from will never not be funny. 
    Maybe they just saw a great show and wanted to visit a thread with people who attended the show giving their opinion, not the armchair quarterbacks commenting negatively across the pond?

This isn’t me, the people commenting negatively on a show simply from a set list without having been there will never not be funny to me. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Maybe they just saw a great show and wanted to visit a thread with people who attended the show giving their opinion, not the armchair quarterbacks commenting negatively across the pond?

This isn’t me, the people commenting negatively on a show simply from a set list without having been there will never not be funny to me. 
    To be fair this is the setlist thread followed by those not in attendance mostly. Fanview threads are another story 
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

To be fair this is the setlist thread followed by those not in attendance mostly. Fanview threads are another story 
    I get that,  it’s still funny to me. It will never not be. 🤙😂
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Yep. It is a significant distinction.