Berlin / Waldbuhne

mrmcqueenmrmcqueen Canada Posts: 23
We are excited to be headed to Berlin & Zurich next week. Does anyone understand how the seating works at Waldbuhne? We have "General Admission" tickets as well as "Freie Platzwahl - Kein Sitzplatzanspruch" seats. Thanks in advance.

2006: Toronto #1; 2009: Toronto; 2011: Toronto #1; 2012: Berlin x2; 2013: London,Pittsburgh, Buffalo, LA #2, Oakland, Vancouver; 2014: Milan, St.Louis, Detroit, Moline; 2015: Santiago,Buenos Aires, Porto Alegre, São Paulo, Mexico City; 2016: Miami, Raleigh, Columbia, Toronto x2, Fenway x2; 2018: Prague, Krakow, Barcelona, Chicago #1, Boston #2; 2022: San Diego, Oakland x2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Berlin, Zurich, Copenhagen, Amsterdam I, Amsterdam II, Quebec City, Hamilton, Toronto, New York City

Tagged:

Comments

• BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,293
    mrmcqueen said:
    We are excited to be headed to Berlin & Zurich next week. Does anyone understand how the seating works at Waldbuhne? We have "General Admission" tickets as well as "Freie Platzwahl - Kein Sitzplatzanspruch" seats. Thanks in advance.
    The venue is all GA stand or sit anywhere 
  • the whole venue is GA so you just can choose your seat from whatever is available at the time you get there. access to the lower sections and the standing area will be restricted once it is full.
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,278
    the whole venue is GA so you just can choose your seat from whatever is available at the time you get there. access to the lower sections and the standing area will be restricted once it is full.
    I assume once you are in the GA/lower seating area, you can’t leave otherwise you lose your spot? Can anyone remember who has been there before whether they have bar and toilets in the GA section or do you need to leave it?
  • OS38276OS38276 Posts: 16
    drfox said:
    I assume once you are in the GA/lower seating area, you can’t leave otherwise you lose your spot? Can anyone remember who has been there before whether they have bar and toilets in the GA section or do you need to leave it?
    don't worry. you will get a stamp on your wrist and can roam around as you wish. access is only restricted for new fans arriving.
  • OS38276 said:
    drfox said:
    don't worry. you will get a stamp on your wrist and can roam around as you wish. access is only restricted for new fans arriving.
    Thank you. Traveling solo so this was a concern for me.
  • wimbeldinowimbeldino Posts: 28
    Are you sure it is like this? Does that mean all tickets are GA? How about the Fanclub tickets GA , do they guarantee access to the lower section in front of the stage???
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    edited June 2022
    Are you sure it is like this? Does that mean all tickets are GA? How about the Fanclub tickets GA , do they guarantee access to the lower section in front of the stage???
    Yes all tickets are GA. There is no 10C section but since you get early entry you will have first dibs on the best seats or front rows of the pit. Beware of the pit though. It is not early 90's chaos but it was the roughest pit I have been in since then. The whole show I was being pushed and pulled having to fight for my spot most of the time. I think Wash, Sometimes, Thin Air, and Thumbing were the only chance I got a breather lol. 
    They get 10 or 15 minutes early access to allow you to get to the front but there will be a long queue to get in early if you don't go in early you won't get to the front 
  • OS38276OS38276 Posts: 16
    don't worry about getting in the front at the Waldbühne.
    a) the stage is very high
    b) the gap between the front barrier and the stage is very wide
    anywhere in the lower seats is the very best spot and you'll have a great night.
  • aurelgugusaurelgugus Posts: 499
    OS38276 said:
    anywhere in the lower seats is the very best spot and you'll have a great night.
    Couldn’t agree more, there is definitively no added value of being in the pit unless you have the tail.
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
    OS38276 said:
    Couldn’t agree more, there is definitively no added value of being in the pit unless you have the tail.
    I'll third that 
  • wimbeldinowimbeldino Posts: 28
    Thanks guys! I was in the very front at Neil Young in 2019, it was amazing! 
    OS38276 said:
    I'll third that 
  • RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 910
    Weather-update for now, rain. Hope it will change.
    Weekend before up to 36 degrees, monday en tuesday rainy. 
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,437
    PJNB said:
    Yes all tickets are GA. There is no 10C section but since you get early entry you will have first dibs on the best seats or front rows of the pit. Beware of the pit though. It is not early 90's chaos but it was the roughest pit I have been in since then. The whole show I was being pushed and pulled having to fight for my spot most of the time. I think Wash, Sometimes, Thin Air, and Thumbing were the only chance I got a breather lol. 
    I remember it well 😅
    It was glorious chaos. I specifically remember the madness at the end of the RVM bridge when it all kicked back in again. The bearded guy next to me put his arm around me and he counted it down from 5 and then we just went insane. A nice little bonding moment.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    The Rock said:
    PJNB said:
    I remember it well 😅
    It was glorious chaos. I specifically remember the madness at the end of the RVM bridge when it all kicked back in again. The bearded guy next to me put his arm around me and he counted it down from 5 and then we just went insane. A nice little bonding moment.
    Lol ya it was awesome. I seem to remember us being fairly close at the start and then Corduroy hit and we separated like 20 feet from each other. Where you there for the chips right before the show hit? Best chips I ever ate lol. 
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,437
    PJNB said:
    The Rock said:
    PJNB said:
    I remember it well 😅
    Lol ya it was awesome. I seem to remember us being fairly close at the start and then Corduroy hit and we separated like 20 feet from each other. Where you there for the chips right before the show hit? Best chips I ever ate lol. 
    Yeah! Didn't someone get rid of them or something? I remember you enjoying them. 
    We definitely got separated but I remember getting high fives from you and some others after In My Tree 🥳
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,104
    Robbert said:
    Grrrrr..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,104
    Robbert said:

I can see rain on Monday on 2-3 different sites but not for Tuesday..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    23scidoo said:
    Robbert said:

I can see rain on Monday on 2-3 different sites but not for Tuesday..

Yeah, couple of days ago the forecast was awful. Seems to have gotten much better.
  • RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 910
    Yess i see it  it has changed :)

• comecleancomeclean Posts: 2
    Hey guys, sorry if I’m borrowing this thread a bit, but I have some questions about the Berlin show too. 
    I have yet to receive the mail with instructions for picking up the tickets in Berlin (ten club ones). I have always had the tickets sent home before and now I’m a bit worried about showing up in Berlin and there won’t be any ticket for me :P. 
    So, has anyone got the instructions and if so can you perhaps copy them to here? Ease my worries a bit :)
    Thanks and see you soon! 
  • AponeApone Posts: 586

comeclean said:
    Hey guys, sorry if I’m borrowing this thread a bit, but I have some questions about the Berlin show too. 
    I have yet to receive the mail with instructions for picking up the tickets in Berlin (ten club ones). I have always had the tickets sent home before and now I’m a bit worried about showing up in Berlin and there won’t be any ticket for me :P. 
    So, has anyone got the instructions and if so can you perhaps copy them to here? Ease my worries a bit :)
    Thanks and see you soon! 
    No emails have been sent out with instructions from the 10 Club yet.  This should come soon.

But if you have bought 10 Club tickets, you will have to pick them up from the venue on the day of the show.  There is no alternative to this.  You will need photo ID also, as only the person who bought the tickets can pick them up
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2; 2024: Manchester, London
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    comeclean said:
    Thanks and see you soon! 
    The newsletter stated there’ll be an email with pickup instructions soon
  • abzmikeabzmike Posts: 26
    Apone said:

comeclean said:
    Thanks and see you soon! 
    No emails have been sent out with instructions from the 10 Club yet.  This should come soon.

But if you have bought 10 Club tickets, you will have to pick them up from the venue on the day of the show.  There is no alternative to this.  You will need photo ID also, as only the person who bought the tickets can pick them up
    Any idea if a UK driving license is good enough as photoID - Not sure I fancy losing my passport!
  • AponeApone Posts: 586
    edited June 2022
    abzmike said:
    Apone said:

comeclean said:
    Thanks and see you soon! 

Any idea if a UK driving license is good enough as photoID - Not sure I fancy losing my passport!
    The mail will specify, but I have used this in the past, i think the previous instructions have said government issued ID

No guarantee the venue will even check (london 2018 night 1 I was just asked for my surname and then handed my tickkets) this but obviosuly you wouldn't want to chance this
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2; 2024: Manchester, London
  • comecleancomeclean Posts: 2
    Thanks for the quick and many answers :). Yeah, I know about the ID and same day pickup, just got a little paranoid about the lack of mail :). Now I’m super excited instead. I was supposed to see them in London when Eddie lost his voice last time, and then the pandemic struck so it’s been a long wait. 
  • milanmilan Posts: 447
    Have any Berliners organised a pre meet the night before the show? There have been some good ones in the past.  There are no world cup or Euros games to watch in the Tiergarten this year.
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
  • TinaETinaE Posts: 1,484
    Got my emails for Berlin and Frankfurt. So for Berlin I have 2 tenclub tickets for me and my younger son, my husband bought a separate ticket for my severely disabled older son and himself as an accompanying person. Tenclub members should use the east entrance. I'm wondering where the entrance for the severely disabled should be and whether they also get an earlier entrance....would be nice if all four of us could come in together and experience Pearl Jam together, but that seems to be a bit complicated. Does anyone have any experience?
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
  • BigrfishBigrfish Posts: 260
    milan said:
    Have any Berliners organised a pre meet the night before the show? There have been some good ones in the past.  There are no world cup or Euros games to watch in the Tiergarten this year.
    That was one amazing experience in Berlin '18. PJ at Waldbuhne, World Cup and 3 wheeler rides in the Park. Tons to see and do. Great city! Fairly smooth process for the show. I'm sure it will be the same this go around. Enjoy!