Need advice on selling some tickets (not PJ)

Sorry if this is in the wrong place and that this topic is discussed all over the place, I’m just unable to find a clear direction for my specific situation. 

On the Ticketmaster app the Transfer button is available, the Sell button is not.  Seems like this means I can just send them to someone else, but I would be on my own getting paid.  With a friend that’s fine, but I don’t know who I’m going to sell these to yet. So since that means I would need to list them too does that mean I need to use stubhub, will they secure payment (even if it may not pay me until after the event)?  Need help understanding what I gotta do here, any advice is appreciated.

Just trying to cover what I paid for them.
by the way it’s 5 tickets to Harry Styles in LA on 10/29 so I don’t know if/how the verified fan resell options apply differently than other artists like PJ.

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    If I was buying in this instance I would send the money to the seller ( I would vet as much as I could they were legit) and then expect the tickets to be transferred promptly after the money was received. In your case you seem like a legitimate seller so I would find a social media site that is similar to the Facebook Pearl Jam groups we have and post they are for sale. If they are concerned you are not legit just get them to pay goods and services. 
  • circlesdowncirclesdown Posts: 308
    PJNB said:
    If I was buying in this instance I would send the money to the seller ( I would vet as much as I could they were legit) and then expect the tickets to be transferred promptly after the money was received. In your case you seem like a legitimate seller so I would find a social media site that is similar to the Facebook Pearl Jam groups we have and post they are for sale. If they are concerned you are not legit just get them to pay goods and services. 
    If someone is willing to vet & trust me then that takes the risk out of my hands, which works for me.  So would I basically post and say buyer is expected to Zelle or Venmo before I transfer?
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    PJNB said:
    If someone is willing to vet & trust me then that takes the risk out of my hands, which works for me.  So would I basically post and say buyer is expected to Zelle or Venmo before I transfer?
    That is correct

To be honest I do not know those two payment methods so maybe someone else can chime in or maybe you know how it works. All of the risk is really on the buyer. It seems like you are a fair seller so the transaction really should be very easy as long as the payment method can not be recalled or refunded back after the tickets were transferred without your consent.
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    Sell them on Stubhub, you'll be able to use the TM Transfer function to send to the buyer, and you'll get paid after the show
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,086
    You can use the transfer option to post to Stubhub. They will take fees on both ends, so price your tickets accordingly. There are instructions on their site for how to do so. 

Otherwise, you can sell them like the others mentioned above. Have them send you money through paypal goods and services first, and then immediately initiate the transfer after you get the funds. Zelle and Venmo do not seem to offer any protection, where paypal goods & services does. I always provide the buyer my phone number and email in case there are issues, and hopefully helps ease their concern of sending money to a stranger online. 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,702
    I sold an extra ticket to the EV show in Chicago to a member of this board. He sent the money via Paypal and I transferred the ticket on the Ticketmaster app. It was easy, but there needs to be a certain amount of trust involved by the buyer that the seller is legit. I have read a number of posts on Facebook by people who got scammed by sending money for tickets during the PJ West coast dates. Stubhub does offer protection for the buyer that an open transaction doesn't.
  • patkelly12patkelly12 Posts: 361
    Stubhub will walk you through how to do it after sale.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    @PJNB is right, as usual.  But to chime in on a few topics:

1. Yes, Zelle and Venmo are fine if the buyer is willing to use them (no fees).
    2. Never, ever, ever send tickets until you have payment in hand. If the buyer isn't willing to pay until after the transfer, tell them to take a walk. You'll find another buyer.
    3. The only reason I'm still on Facebook is because the fan groups often have real fans buying and selling extra tickets.  You may want to post there if you don't want to use Stubhub.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • circlesdowncirclesdown Posts: 308
    Thanks everyone