Options

Top Gun: Maverick

2»

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,979
    edited June 2022
    x
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    I really enjoyed it.
    My only complaint was it is just a copy of the Star Wars episode IV plot.

Big evil weapon has 1 flaw, an exhaust port 3 meters wide. 
    Team of fighters train to drop bomb on impossibly small target.
    Must travel through a narrow canyon with guns to reach target.
    Final run the guiding system goes out and has to make the drop blind.

I was halfway expecting to see a  millennial falcon cameo  in those final scenes.

I just saw it today. Yeah definitely thought of episode IV a lot during the training period and the actual mission. Might be better than the original. Did find it kinda odd that they never mentioned who the enemy actually was, most movies who know or they say or you can tell. Also decent soundtrack.
    They don't in the original either?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I really enjoyed it.
    My only complaint was it is just a copy of the Star Wars episode IV plot.

Big evil weapon has 1 flaw, an exhaust port 3 meters wide. 
    Team of fighters train to drop bomb on impossibly small target.
    Must travel through a narrow canyon with guns to reach target.
    Final run the guiding system goes out and has to make the drop blind.

I was halfway expecting to see a  millennial falcon cameo  in those final scenes.

I just saw it today. Yeah definitely thought of episode IV a lot during the training period and the actual mission. Might be better than the original. Did find it kinda odd that they never mentioned who the enemy actually was, most movies who know or they say or you can tell. Also decent soundtrack.
    They didn’t say? I was thinking Russia. Maybe because it was the latest generation of Migs they were fighting. 
    But I think you may be on to something. I bet more movies are going to be value about who they are fighting so they don’t upset anyone.
    Didnt they change the plot of the Red Dawn remake from China to NK because they didn’t want to upset China?
    They changed the flags on the back of his jacket for this movie. But later changed it back. Guessing because it got nixed anyways from being shown in China or something.