2020 Tour Refunds

HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,526
anyone get theirs yet? It said we'd get our refund within 30 days, it's been double that and I haven't seen anything yet. And I don't even know who to contact. Ticketmaster? Tickets Today? Ten Club?
new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,837
    I got my Oakland and LA refunds within a week of responding to the email you had to respond to.  
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,775
    Did you get a small deposit from them? After you gave bank info
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,775
    CROJAM95 said:
    My bad, I misread

thought F2F
  • BB162610BB162610 Posts: 541
    I got my refunds quickly for the shows I purchased through 10C. However, I had purchased seats for Quebec through F2F right before the 2020 postponement, requested a refund within the 10 day period and haven’t received anything. Has the same 30 day message when you visit the page through a desktop. 
  • Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Posts: 1,770
    CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    My bad, I misread

thought F2F
    Boring 
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,526
    so I got a response from ticketstoday. it's been referred to their support team, as refunds can take 30-60 days. well, it's been more than 60 days. we'll see. 

www.headstonesband.com

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    I got a couple of refunds back today. Shorted $16 each due to CAD and USD exchange rates. If I pay $395 in CAD to buy the tickets that is what my refund should be. I do not care if it is TM US or TM Canada I am dealing with. If they cancel the show pay me back what I paid. 
    i agree 100%. i hate the "what the dollar is worth today" bullshit. that's irrelevant to me. 

www.headstonesband.com

• keeponrisinkeeponrisin Posts: 109
    I've been dealing with attempts to get my refund from the 2020 St Louis show for months now. Tickets Today customer service is an absolute joke. While they said they refunded me, they refuse to advise me to what account. I checked all the accounts I use and do not have the funds. I am almost to the point of trying to file a small claim or something instead. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,517
    PJNB said:
    I got a couple of refunds back today. Shorted $16 each due to CAD and USD exchange rates. If I pay $395 in CAD to buy the tickets that is what my refund should be. I do not care if it is TM US or TM Canada I am dealing with. If they cancel the show pay me back what I paid. 

I don't think that's ever been a thing.  Exchange rates change, and credit card companies charge fairly lofty fees to do foreign exchange.   I've never heard of any company absorbing the FX for a Canadian customer when a transaction is cancelled and refunded.

There's a few credit cards you can use in Canada that mitigate FX.   Home Trust Visa doesn't charge the 2.5% on top of the FX rate when charging foreign currencies.   Rogers Mastercard gives you sufficient cashback on the transaction to offset the FX fees.
    edited May 2022
    Zod said:
    PJNB said:

I don't think that's ever been a thing.  Exchange rates change, and credit card companies charge fairly lofty fees to do foreign exchange.   I've never heard of any company absorbing the FX for a Canadian customer when a transaction is cancelled and refunded.

There's a few credit cards you can use in Canada that mitigate FX.   Home Trust Visa doesn't charge the 2.5% on top of the FX rate when charging foreign currencies.   Rogers Mastercard gives you sufficient cashback on the transaction to offset the FX fees.
    When the transaction is not cancelled by the buyer of the tickets they should not be shorted in anyway. If I as the buyer and am cancelling or asking for a refund sure. I know that is not how it works with different currencies but imo that is how it should work. The company cancelling should eat that cost to make it right. 
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,271
    PJNB said:
    Zod said:
    PJNB said:

When the transaction is not cancelled by the buyer of the tickets they should not be shorted in anyway. If I as the buyer and am cancelling or asking for a refund sure. I know that is not how it works with different currencies but imo that is how it should work. The company cancelling should eat that cost to make it right. 
    Very few companies do that but Metclub actually did for me. I emailed complaining that i was out money because they oversold and they sent me a store credit.
    Rare but sometimes i’ve made money on the exchange too.

UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,517
    PJNB said:
    Zod said:
    PJNB said:

Technically they aren't shorting you.  If you bought something for 100usd, you get 100usd back.   It's that you want things to convert back and forth to Canadian dollars those cost $$.

The worse of is the credit cards.  99.9% of Canadian credit cards charge at least 2.5% on a single FX transaction.  This means if you go into USD, and then back to CDN, you've done 2 FX transactions, and paid it twice.  Ergo your credit card has charge you at least 5% on this, in additionl to any movements in the actual FX rate.   Should someone else be repsonible because your credit card gouges you for FX?  Especially when there's alternatives?:

1) Use a Canadian credit card that can do transaction in US without foreign exchange occurring
    2) Use a Canadian credit card that doesn't gouge on the FX fees (Home Trust Visa, Rogers Bank etc..)
    3) Open up a genuine US Dollar account in America through a Canadian Bank (Royal Bank or TD both do this) so you can do transactions in USD.

It's not mandatory that you do the transaction on a credit card that gauges on FX.

The last thing I'd like to point out, is if American companies were on the hook for FX risk anytime they sold something to a Canadian, they'd stop selling things to Canadians.  It's already hard enough to order stuff from America, I think this would shut it down completely.. lol.  They'd be looking at a loss anytime there's a chance they have to cancel/refund something.

Zod said:
    PJNB said:
    Zod said:
    PJNB said:

Technically they aren't shorting you.  If you bought something for 100usd, you get 100usd back.   It's that you want things to convert back and forth to Canadian dollars those cost $$.

The worse of is the credit cards.  99.9% of Canadian credit cards charge at least 2.5% on a single FX transaction.  This means if you go into USD, and then back to CDN, you've done 2 FX transactions, and paid it twice.  Ergo your credit card has charge you at least 5% on this, in additionl to any movements in the actual FX rate.   Should someone else be repsonible because your credit card gouges you for FX?  Especially when there's alternatives?:

1) Use a Canadian credit card that can do transaction in US without foreign exchange occurring
    2) Use a Canadian credit card that doesn't gouge on the FX fees (Home Trust Visa, Rogers Bank etc..)
    3) Open up a genuine US Dollar account in America through a Canadian Bank (Royal Bank or TD both do this) so you can do transactions in USD.

It's not mandatory that you do the transaction on a credit card that gauges on FX.

The last thing I'd like to point out, is if American companies were on the hook for FX risk anytime they sold something to a Canadian, they'd stop selling things to Canadians.  It's already hard enough to order stuff from America, I think this would shut it down completely.. lol.  They'd be looking at a loss anytime there's a chance they have to cancel/refund something.

I understand exactly how this works and I am telling you I disagree with it. 
    I think it's unfortunate, but on the other hand, why should the seller be on the hook for the difference in exchange? either way, someone is on the hook for it. 

www.headstonesband.com

I think it's unfortunate, but on the other hand, why should the seller be on the hook for the difference in exchange? either way, someone is on the hook for it. 
    It is only $35 on my end. It is not the end of the world. I lost way more than that with them canceling the last two shows. Just a bit of adding insult to injury having to lose even more on the tickets. The same thing happened in 2016 with Fenway tickets dropping a day early and them refunding less due to the exchange as what was paid for. I knew it was going to happen this time, I get why it happens, but as a ticket holder hours away from entering the building and having the show cancelled it would be nice to not have to worry about getting shorted on the refund. I guess I should just get a USA credit card for buying tickets with and problem solved. 
    so I noticed the "sell tickets" button was activated on my Ottawa show. Alright, fuck it. Let's sell em, since that asshats still have yet to refund me. I get to the stage where you pick which credit card you get the money back on, and it craps out. Some kind of error. I'm guessing this is because my tickets are in limbo somewhere between "this guy wants a refund" and "he now has his refund". Fucking ticketmaster. fuck you. 

www.headstonesband.com

• pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 612
    edited June 2022
    PJNB said:
    What happens if the exchange rate goes the other direction?  No way in hell TM is giving you the extra. 
    PJNB said:
    What happens if the exchange rate goes the other direction?  No way in hell TM is giving you the extra. 
    they don't have control over that. they reimburse the american amount. the exchange is up to the banks in between. 

www.headstonesband.com

• Joe118Joe118 Posts: 67
     It took me a dozen emails to get TicketsToday to give me the last 4 digits of the CC I used. (it had been 2 years, I had no idea). 

I explained to them that that account has been closed for over a year. 

I called the company anyway just to verify that they didn't somehow receive the refund. Of course they didn't, it's a closed account that has been deleted in their system.

I informed TicketsToday of all of this, and they still claim the refund was sent out to this bank.

I then tried Ticketmaster, who at first told me it was a TicketsToday issue, but I finally got them to tell me that the refund was sent to a different CC number, one I don't recognize.

Today I have sent another email to each company basically rehashing the above issues, we will see what they say. 

TicketsToday has the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. It's like their system is purposely designed to confuse you. They send an auto-email at first, then the next email contains a copy/paste of their policy when a refund is issued to a closed account, which basically states "call the bank". 

Also emailed TenClub with no response. For all of this trouble I would have just found a way to go to the concert in St Louis. I am going to the Nashville show. 
    I just was finally able to post my Ottawa tickets for sale. Two GA. @demetrios

www.headstonesband.com

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    Joe118 said:
     It took me a dozen emails to get TicketsToday to give me the last 4 digits of the CC I used. (it had been 2 years, I had no idea). 

I explained to them that that account has been closed for over a year. 

I called the company anyway just to verify that they didn't somehow receive the refund. Of course they didn't, it's a closed account that has been deleted in their system.

I informed TicketsToday of all of this, and they still claim the refund was sent out to this bank.

I then tried Ticketmaster, who at first told me it was a TicketsToday issue, but I finally got them to tell me that the refund was sent to a different CC number, one I don't recognize.

Today I have sent another email to each company basically rehashing the above issues, we will see what they say. 

TicketsToday has the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. It's like their system is purposely designed to confuse you. They send an auto-email at first, then the next email contains a copy/paste of their policy when a refund is issued to a closed account, which basically states "call the bank". 

Also emailed TenClub with no response. For all of this trouble I would have just found a way to go to the concert in St Louis. I am going to the Nashville show. 

Is it possible for them to provide their banking wire support for the funds they sent, so it can be traced? I realize its a long shot, but it should be every customers right who is due a refund. 
    so I don't get the money until at least 7 days after the show? wtf? 

www.headstonesband.com

Esmeralda (Ticketstoday)

Jun 8, 2022, 18:48 GMT+1

Hello Larry,

Thank you for contacting us.We are so sorry you have not received your refund. Regarding your concern, you will need to reach out to your bank for the refund which was issued on March 16, 2022.  Refunds can take anywhere from 30-60 business days to clear. If you already reached out to your bank. If the account was closed, then we will receive a "bounce back". Once the client lets us know about the bounce back, we will contact you for the new credit card information.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to reply to this email.

Sincerely,
    Esmeralda
    TicketWeb Customer Service

Esmerelda, It's been over 60 days. The account number you guys gave me was ***5826. This account has been closed for over a year. I contacted them several times about this. There is no "bounce back" because they never received the payment. This account does not exist anymore. The client is not going to let you know about any bounce back. Again, the account you are sending it to DOES NOT EXIST. Please give me another option, as this is what you guys have been telling me for months now. 

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    so I don't get the money until at least 7 days after the show? wtf? 

Incredible, isn’t it? Think of all the fans flipping a single seat 3 or 4 times, and tickets today or TM is sitting on that pile of cash.
    I am basically completely stuck. TicketsToday is certain the refund was processed correctly on March 16th. My CC company is certain they don't have the refund (again its a closed account that I don't have the ability to check, I have to rely on their word)
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,124
    Joe118 said:
    I am basically completely stuck. TicketsToday is certain the refund was processed correctly on March 16th. My CC company is certain they don't have the refund (again its a closed account that I don't have the ability to check, I have to rely on their word)
    I don't know how much good this will do but you can file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau here:

https://www.bbb.org/file-a-complaint

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    If the credit card company is one of the big ones, you may be able to reopen that account.