05/16/22
Show
Set List

No Ed pre set

Josh Klinghoffer on stage 7:30
plays first song with Jeff Ament
Stone Gossard comes out and plays Buttercup-(Smith, Gossard, Hagar, Toback

PEARL JAM
guest drummers Dave Krusen,  Richard Stuverud and touring member Josh Klinghoffer trade off playing drums
Band Onstage 8:47
Band Offstage 10:59

Josh Klinghoffer-drums
01. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
02. Given To Fly
{Ed stops the next song from start to explain that he isn’t feeling well.  He hasn’t felt this bad since he had to miss a show and Neil Young performed instead.  He apologizes to the audience but he says he is going to continue but could use the audience’s help and that there are five other incredible musicians on stage}
03. Do The Evolution
04. Corduroy
05. Wishlist
06. Daughter
07. Don’t Gimme No Lip (Stone Gossard lead vocal)

Dave Krusen-drums
08.  Once
09.  Why Go
10. Even Flow
11. Garden
12. Black

{Ed asks if Mike has any drummer change music and boy does he ever}
Richard Stuverud -drums
13. Eruption-(Van Halen)
14. Animal
15. Quick Escape
{Ed mentions the mass shooting in Buffalo and sees some pro-choice signs in the audience.  He suggests that maybe those professing to pro-life could work on doing something about guns}
16. Throw Your Hatred Down-(Young)
17.  Purple Rain-(Ed sings first verse, Josh Klinghoffer sings the rest)-(Prince)

{Ed has thoughts on how Prince’s estate might be responsible for paying for the raising of children.  He ultimately suggests a plan straight out of Aristophanes’ Lysistrata if abortions are outlawed.  The idea that a woman doesn’t have control of her body is an idea he finds repugnant.}

Dave Krusen-drums
18. Porch

Encore Break
{Ed professes his love for Fresno.  Well, actually it is Lemoore that he really loves.  Great surfing}
Dave Krusen-drums}
19. Jeremy
{Ed praises Dave Krusen and says he is flashing back to being in a tiny basement and playing these songs with him.  He then tells the story of a sunny day that got a little dark with a guy shooting up in a third floor window and Ed not knowing which way the person would nod off.  Out the window or into the apartment}
20. Deep
21. State Of Love And Trust
22. Alive

Richard Stuverud-drums
23. Baba O’Riley-(Townshend)
24. Yellow Ledbetter

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates. Thank you!
Thank you, John for the set list & notes.

Comments

• Options
    Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 500
    Only one word needed,..

WOWZA.
  • Options
    MA209067MA209067 Posts: 77
    Fucking incredible. What a way to top my 3 show run, two in Oakland and now Fresno. This was right up there with Oakland 1 in terms of how special it was. It felt like a 2000 tour show, honestly. Not a whole let of Ed banter until later in the show and very little jamming. Then we got to go back to 92 and hear 8/10 songs from Ten with Dave, who might as well have never left the band. Folded right back into the groove and you could tell the whole band was just loving it. The crowd was small by comparison to other shows, but LOUD. So fun as someone who grew up in the area and got to come back and go with my dad and two brothers. 
  • Options
    weremin23weremin23 Posts: 307
    What we were lucky enough to witness in Fresno tonight was simply amazing. 
  • Options
    elcazador83elcazador83 Posts: 90
    Ed, " I have to say that I have been singing great this tour" I love his modesty, as he tells everyone he has food poisoning and he is going to battle through it tonight.

I liked the story about Deep and who it was written for. 

Quick escape was freaking awesome to hear. New favorite song. 

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the drummers tonight. They all killed it. 

Mike amazes me, I don't know what he eats or where he gets his energy from but holy crap. I don't think he quit running around all night. Never ceases to amaze.

Was down in the pit and the energy was fire. I am shot. My feet hurt, my back hurts, I have no voice but it was worth it. Back to the east coast tomorrow.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,804
    edited May 2022
    Some quick thoughts

Amazing getting to see Dave Krusen play the drums to so many songs that I grew up listening to him on the studio version of.

No clue how this boot is going to sound but people really need to see the video as well to see how Eddie fought the whole night. Crazy he could sing as well as he did going through food poisoning. 

The highlights for me was the drumming at the end of Deep, Purple Rain with Eddie singing the start and Mikes solo, Eruption played out of nowhere to introduce Richard, Stone having a lot of fun with Dont Gimme No Lip, Quick Escape ending spot, the stories were all great and of course Dave drumming

Here are a handful of pics I took

Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 1,002
    edited May 2022
    Will be known as the 10 minus 2 show
    Post edited by BALLBOY on
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,070
    Cool treat!

Did the songs sound different with Krusen, or did he shape his drumming after the present day version of these songs/Drumming?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    MA209067MA209067 Posts: 77
    Cool treat!

Did the songs sound different with Krusen, or did he shape his drumming after the present day version of these songs/Drumming?
    Dave played them true to form from the album. Very much served the song, didn’t go out of his way to be flashy. As much as it was a joy to watch Richard, Dave was understated and exactly what was needed after a rough Oakland night 2. Really seemed to recenter the band. So good. 
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,300
    PJNB said:
    Some quick thoughts

Amazing getting to see Dave Krusen play the drums to so many songs that I grew up listening to him on the studio version of.

No clue how this boot is going to sound but people really need to see the video as well to see how Eddie fought the whole night. Crazy he could sing as well as he did going through food poisoning. 

The highlights for me was the drumming at the end of Deep, Purple Rain with Eddie singing the start and Mikes solo, Eruption played out of nowhere to introduce Richard, Stone having a lot of fun with Dont Gimme No Lip, Quick Escape ending spot, the stories were all great and of course Dave drumming

Here are a handful of pics I took

Cool photos!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    Krusen intro:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cdpvfo4j5wg/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Purple Rain (clip):

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cdpv7YeDn4B/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Krusen killed it, seriously. Played the Ten songs the way they were meant to be played, truly. What an experience. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,301
    Another 

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,301
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    Shit, how incredible is that. Lucky for those that got to witness it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    Did Ed imply that Krusen will be with them this week?  Sounded like that before once.  Or maybe he just meant they were  together so much this week already.
  • Options
    moleculemolecule Posts: 611
    Krusen on drums. Very cool. Special night for those in attendance.

Hope Matt is doing well and gets back behind the kit soon!
    🤙
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,801
    Man this tour has to suck for Pearl Jam. It doesn’t seem like any fun. It’s Definitely NOT showing on stage but the other 22 hours everyday have to be super stressful. Now EV getting sick, they can’t seem to catch a break. 
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Looks fun but does given to fly, corduroy and small town have to be played every single night?

These are easily the most boring PJ songs. IMO
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    Red Lukin said:
    Looks fun but does given to fly, corduroy and small town have to be played every single night?

That's three of their best songs that fire up the crowd.  They are far from boring. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,242
    Red Lukin said:

Not everyone who goes to a show is a die hard fan boy. I know it’s hard to believe but there are fans that see Pearl Jam once in a great while and like to hear the songs that are fan friendly.
  • Options
    Red Lukin said:

Top 3 best live reactions easily. How is that boring? And not sure if you noticed but they don’t have their drummer and EV was sick. I don’t think the set lists could be judged fairly since Matt went down. I’m sure things would have been very different if he didn’t get Covid. 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,120
    Red Lukin said:

Corduroy should be played every night and sometimes twice.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    UtahBoltUtahBolt Posts: 188
    Red Lukin said:

Not everyone who goes to a show is a die hard fan boy. I know it’s hard to believe but there are fans that see Pearl Jam once in a great while and like to hear the songs that are fan friendly.
    I am a die hard fan boy and I LOVE hearing these songs.  They are interactive and the crowd has a role in each one of them ("yeah fuckers", "Hello!" and "The waiting drove me mad") and they are just great tunes that for me never get old.   Corduroy as an opener at MSG2 in '16 might be the best fucking opener I have ever seen! 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Woke up early this morning and some other random thoughts 

All night Eddie was clinching at his stomach. He struggled to push through the night but thankful that he did and hope he wakes up feeling better today.

I like Josh a lot but wish Eddie sang more of Purple Rain. The 1 minute or so that we got was amazing I thought he killed it. 

A couple of the stories Ed told were pretty funny. The intro to Deep and the one where women should just stop having sex had me chuckling out loud.  Both were serious subjects but told in a way only Eddie can tell. 

Quick Escape is the song that will likely last from Gigaton. Start to finish what a live song that is.

I have heard Don’t Give Me No Lip twice now. I was a mile away at Wrigley but being so close this time you could tell Stone had a lot of fun with it and he sounded great. After the song he just kept saying wow.

The reaction Dave had when Eddie walked up to him and told him Deep was next was pretty cool to see. It was a oh fuck no moment then a fuck it let’s do this reaction and he nailed it. I need to watch a vid but waking up this morning that ending to Deep was the first thing I thought of concert wise and it was all because of Dave nailing it especially the end. 

Dave looked like he was genuinely having fun out there and very grateful to be in the moment 

Also a small story about my family. My wife sent me a video of my two boys singing Small Town yesterday right before the show. I loved that they opened with it made me get emotional a bit during the I just want to scream hello verse which my boys always love belting out loudly. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    To each their own. So many missed songs

Animal
    Save you
    Grievance
    STBC
    Get Right
    Last Exit
    Red Mosquito
    Green Disease
    Insignificance
    Johnny Guitar

That's just a few that rarely get played. I can go on...

Keep enjoying the boring songs and they'll keep playing them!

• Options
    Red Lukin said:

Animal
    Save you
    Grievance
    STBC
    Get Right
    Last Exit
    Red Mosquito
    Green Disease
    Insignificance
    Johnny Guitar

There was nothing boring about last night. Dave playing 9 songs from Ten was incredible to watch. 
  • Options
    reyrey Monmouth County, NJ Posts: 270
    edited May 2022
    UtahBolt said:
    Red Lukin said:

I am a die hard fan boy and I LOVE hearing these songs.  They are interactive and the crowd has a role in each one of them ("yeah fuckers", "Hello!" and "The waiting drove me mad") and they are just great tunes that for me never get old.   Corduroy as an opener at MSG2 in '16 might be the best fucking opener I have ever seen! 
    You mean MSG2 2010, right?  I agree, that was incredible.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Red Lukin said:

Animal
    Save you
    Grievance
    STBC
    Get Right
    Last Exit
    Red Mosquito
    Green Disease
    Insignificance
    Johnny Guitar

There was nothing boring about last night. Dave playing 9 songs from Ten was incredible to watch. 
    I would have loved to have been there. Just mean setlists seem on the safe side. Not meant for people who want to catch more than one show.
  • Options
    rey said:
    UtahBolt said:
    Red Lukin said:

You mean MSG2 2010, right?  I agree, that was incredible.
    And 2016. Both equally awesome
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,686
    Red Lukin said:

Animal
    Save you
    Grievance
    STBC
    Get Right
    Last Exit
    Red Mosquito
    Green Disease
    Insignificance
    Johnny Guitar

Dude, give it a rest. 
  • Options
    FroggieFroggie Cork Posts: 207
    @PJNB Glad you had a great night, great pics. Looks like you had a good spot in the pit!  Are you going to the last two shows of the leg?