We Love you Matt Cameron !!!!

2»

Comments

• Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,821
    edited May 2022
    mpedone said:
    Here's to a speedy come back (not a speed Come Back, I think that would be weird)!

Speaking of that, how epic would Speed Wash be?

Hell, blow some minds. The encore can be
    Slow Lukin
    No Jeremy
    Speed Wash
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,499
    my guy. Will be back stronger than ever. The machine.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,352
    As exciting as the last two nights were, Matt's absence was felt.  Some of the songs were rather shambolic and a couple almost fell apart.  You can really take for granted how important the drummer is.  This is not to take anything away from Josh or Richard, who are heroes and really stepped up and did an amazing job under the circumstances.  But I noticed a number of places where things were off, and I have a feeling these two bootlegs will be kind of ugly.  The shows were fun and exciting in spite of the fact that the band really did not sound like itself.

Really hoping Matt will be back in Fresno.

By the way, on night 1 in Oakland, Eddie said the band had 24 hours to prepare.  He may have said that Matt tested positive the day before.  But on night 2, he said Matt is stuck in Arizona, which implies that he would have tested positive on Tuesday, unless the band stayed in Arizona through the week.  I assumed they would head to the Bay Area on Monday night or Tuesday morning.  Does anyone have any insight into this?
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 618
    BF25394 said:
    As exciting as the last two nights were, Matt's absence was felt.  Some of the songs were rather shambolic and a couple almost fell apart.  You can really take for granted how important the drummer is.  This is not to take anything away from Josh or Richard, who are heroes and really stepped up and did an amazing job under the circumstances.  But I noticed a number of places where things were off, and I have a feeling these two bootlegs will be kind of ugly.  The shows were fun and exciting in spite of the fact that the band really did not sound like itself.

By the way, on night 1 in Oakland, Eddie said the band had 24 hours to prepare.  He may have said that Matt tested positive the day before.  But on night 2, he said Matt is stuck in Arizona, which implies that he would have tested positive on Tuesday, unless the band stayed in Arizona through the week.  I assumed they would head to the Bay Area on Monday night or Tuesday morning.  Does anyone have any insight into this?
    I keep going back to what Ed said about drummers in a documentary, must have been PJ20. Said the drummer was the heart of the band and swapping them out was like a heart transplant. They pulled in off in 1998 with months to prepare, here they had no time. The fact they even played at a functional level is miraculous. This is like having a heart transplant and returning to work a day later. Not surprised they were on edge last night. If they can get the band together for Vegas we might see a somewhat legendary show since they’ll be blowing off steam and have no additional shows to save energy for. I’m just hoping myself and Matt can both test negative by Sacramento but Vegas feels like the one potential great show of this leg. 
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    edited May 2022
    BF25394 said:

I keep going back to what Ed said about drummers in a documentary, must have been PJ20. Said the drummer was the heart of the band and swapping them out was like a heart transplant. They pulled in off in 1998 with months to prepare, here they had no time. The fact they even played at a functional level is miraculous. This is like having a heart transplant and returning to work a day later. Not surprised they were on edge last night. If they can get the band together for Vegas we might see a somewhat legendary show since they’ll be blowing off steam and have no additional shows to save energy for. I’m just hoping myself and Matt can both test negative by Sacramento but Vegas feels like the one potential great show of this leg. 
    Unless the music industry goes by a different standard you do not need to test negative to go back to work. He could test positive for a couple of weeks. Being symptomatic matters as well of course and wish Matt a quick turnaround 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,837
    BF25394 said:

Don’t know, but could see where the band didn’t have access to practice until the day before.  Days off on the tour.    Not scheduled to setup until night before or something.  
  • Tjm007Tjm007 Posts: 178
    What’s wrong with him  ?
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,837
    Tjm007 said:
    What’s wrong with him  ?
    Covid. 
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,499
    Tjm007 said:
    What’s wrong with him  ?
    Covid 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 618
    PJNB said:
    BF25394 said:

Unless the music industry goes by a different standard you do not need to test negative to go back to work. He could test positive for a couple of weeks. Being symptomatic matters as well of course and wish Matt a quick turnaround 
    Let’s call it what it is, everyone is basically making up their own rules. My wife is a teacher and their district changes protocols constantly. NFL, NBA, MLB & NHL all have different protocols. CDC failed us miserably by not gathering and communicating data from day one. Today is the first day I would call myself symptom free since Monday. Not wasting a test though, might tomorrow. I know my wife is testing tomorrow cause a negative gets her back to work. Son tested positive this morning, mild symptoms. The standard for a while was stay home for 5 days post symptoms but that could be ancient advice at this point. A lot of guidance not reflective of Omicron which is significantly less severe but infects and transmits more rapidly. Anyway hopefully Matt is experiencing something similar to what I am and will be back soon. I feel like the vaccine helped turned the tide for me, as soon as symptoms got worse they rapidly got better. Pretty sure my immune system was getting some good advice cause those I know who were not vaccinated had a distinctly different experience.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,809
    Yeah, I’m a teacher and we have changed protocols a couple times this year. Back in January, I did not need a negative test to go back after getting Omicron. It was five days after first negative test, plus symptom free. Not sure what PJ’s protocols and insurance say. Plus Matt needs to feel better as well.
  • Tjm007Tjm007 Posts: 178
    So glad the Uk has returned to sanity and ditched all this . 

Do you feel unwell is the guidance….