Stone joined Josh to play Buttercup-(smith, gossard, hagar, toback

PEARL JAM
Band Onstage 8:54
Band Offstage 11:11

01. Release
02. Given To Fly
03. Do The Evolution
04.  Low Light
{Some people with Bowie connections here tonight.  The next song isn’t "Life On Mars" but it is about life on Mars.  Ed suggests that while space exploration is important it would be better if money that billionaires and governments spent on going to Mars an equal amount was spent trying to solve environmental problems on earth)
05. Quick Escape
06. Take The Long Way
{It is explained who the song Even Flow was written about.  Time spent with the person and that person vanishing.  Ed wishes he could have told the person that the song was about him.}
07.  Even Flow
08.  Seven O’Clock
09. Immortality
{Ed mentions all the connections they have with Red Hot Chili Peppers.  He names off people he heard were here tonight. He makes heartfelt mention of Taylor Hawkins’ family that are here tonight.  He gives an emotional tribute to Taylor and introduces Matt Cameron who will be singing a song Taylor Hawkins wrote and Matt’s special guest Mark Guiliana plays drums.}
10. Cold Day In The Sun-(Hawkins) Matt Cameron Lead Vocal & Guitar, Mark Guiliana drums
11. Daughter
12. Unthought Known
{Talks about Core Response and Sean Penn.  He also notes that the guy who attacked Dave Chappelle snuck in a knife disguised as a gun.  America has such a gun problem that to get a knife into a venue it has to look like a gun}
13. Glorified G
14. Lukin
15. I Believe In Miracles-(Ramone, Ray)
16. Garden
17. Mind Your Manners
18. Porch

Encore Break
{Ed will not be out sparkled by and audience member and has a very sparkly jacket brought out from backstage.  He wears it for the next song.  He also mentions Bill Murray}

19. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling) 1:00 long
20. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town (played to back of venue)
21. Jeremy
22. Leash
23. Alive
24. Indifference

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates. Thank you!
Thank you, John for the set list & notes.

Post edited by Sea on

Comments

• Options
    jninejnine Posts: 43
    edited May 2022
    Taylor's family was mentioned by name, but he didn't say they were there. Chad Smith from RHCP played tambourine on Cold Day in the Sun. It was a beautiful tribute.
  • Options
    ForceofNature101ForceofNature101 Posts: 1,190
    edited May 2022
    Tonight was a truly fantastic show, a great companion to Night 1.  Leash and Glorified G were nice suprises!   The band sounded on fire for the whole

Both of these LA nights have been long overdue (2013 seems so long ago!) And honestly it was so nice to get to see them here again after so long.  The entire band seemed to be energized and happy to be back at it again

I do hope those sort of hung up on the setlist number totals will keep in mind - being there these do not feel like incomplete shows by any means and I think it may be better to focus on what is, rather than what isn't
    Post edited by ForceofNature101 on
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    THANK YOU SEA 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 492
    This was a fabulous show. Felt the most like a classic Pearl Jam show of the three so far. Through a quirk with pandemic scheduling and the fact the band started this year in So Cal, I have seen every show the band had played since September 2, 2018. Two in Fenway, the four festival shows in 2021, and now the first 3 shows in 2022. It’s been a blast and the 2021 shows, in particular, much needed. 

I’m a fan of Gigaton but tonight suggests that perhaps Ed realizes the material isn’t fully working in large doses. Down to 3 new songs tonight. Was it just because it was a second night in the same city? Maybe an acknowledgement that with the 3 Ohana shows, fans here had already seen the new material a bunch of times? It will be interesting to see what the set looks like Monday in Phoenix.

The bookends of Release and Indifference were just awesome. Release was spine tingling and Indifference was great to see again , though Ed did screw the song up pretty badly (which he acknowledged). Unthought Known stood out to me as well. 

A fast paced 2 hours and 18 minutes. The biggest difference from 2013-2018 setlist is definitely the loss of the first encore where they tended to be more adventurous. The encores now have a more standard rock concert “bring out the hits” feel as exemplified tonight by Betterman, Small Town, and Jeremy all in a row. 

Ed did seem to me to be very tired at points tonight. One thing they could potentially do in the future is not schedule shows on consecutive days, something used by many aging rock bands. Springsteen did back to back E Street Band shows through 2014 when he was 64 and then starting in 2016, there were no back to back shows with the Band. Nor will there ever be again. 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,209
    I believe songs 12 and 13 were on a list of songs submitted by the rail birds as Ed had given them a piece of paper at 7:30 to solicit ideas as a gesture to thank them for their dedication.  It is a testament to the band's versatility that they played GG without likely having rehearsed it.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    UglymanUglyman Posts: 75
    Matt on the mic 
    You can come to terms and realize you're the only one who cannot forgive yourself.
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,268
    I'm pretty sure that "Unthought Known" was the only song from the fans' list that was played.  The other songs on the list were "Brother," "Severed Hand," "Untitled/MFC," "Fatal," "Tremor Christ," "Breakerfall," "Pilate" (I think), "Marker in the Sand" and "Strangest Tribe."  I might be forgetting one.

This whole thing was rather funny.  When Ed pointed to "Unthought Known" on the list to tell Jeff they were going to play it, Jeff looked at him and said, "Now?!"

It was an incredible evening, albeit a little schizophrenic from the vantage point of the pit because of a few people that caused trouble and derailed things a couple of times.  Three guys tried to rush the front of the pit during "Even Flow" and they got removed, but only after a couple of us had to act as bouncers.  I was not expecting to have to do that tonight.  Then, during "Indifference," another guy who was livestreaming the whole show and getting in everyone else's space with his phone tried to start a fight when a woman (rightfully) complained that he kept bumping her in the head as he reached over her to film.  Between these two incidents, it was a pretty phenomenal experience but during them, it was chaos and really took me out of the show.

The Taylor Hawkins tribute sounded great.  "Glorified G" (this was my 66th show and that was only the third time I've ever seen it played live) and "Leash" were just nailed.  There wasn't much Gigaton tonight, but all three songs were standouts.  It was great to hear "Take the Long Way" for the first time since Ohana.  "Mind Your Manners" was very high energy and a lot of fun.  "Garden" was another highlight.

The most awkward moment of the night was Eddie passionately defending his friend Bill Murray against accusations of inappropriate behavior with a female colleague and then seguing into "Better Man," a song about a woman in an abusive relationship.  I don't know much about the details of the Murray situation-- I'm not sure anyone not directly involved knows exactly what is alleged to have happened-- but this seemed awkward, and I don't think I was the only one who thought so.  According to a friend who was closer to Stone in the pit, Stone was kind of grimacing as Ed was talking about this and making a hand gesture as if to say. "I don't approve of this message."
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    Another amazing set! 
  • Options
    DL136722DL136722 Not sure... Posts: 645
    edited May 2022
    Between the SD show and two LA shows, average set list is 23 songs which I think will be the new normal going forward. 
    Post edited by DL136722 on
    Tweeter Center - Aug 29, 2000;Tweeter Center - Aug 30, 2000;Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000;Pepsi Arena - Apr 29, 2003;Bryce-Jordan Center - May 03, 2003;Bell Center - Jun 29, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 03, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 05, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 06, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 08, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 09, 2003;TD Banknorth Garden - May 24, 2006;TD Banknorth Garden - May 25, 2006;Fleet Center - Sept 28, 2004;Fleet Center - Sept 29, 2004;Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 New England Dodge Music Arena - May 13, 2006;Grant Park - Aug 05, 2007;Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008;Dodge Music Center - Jun 27, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008 XL Arena - May 15, 2010;TD Garden - May 17, 2010;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sept 03, 2011;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011 Corel Centre - Sep 16, 2005;Colisee Pepsi Arena - Sep 20, 2005; Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 15, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 16, 2013; Fenway Park - August 5, 2016; Fenway Park - August 7, 2016

Oh Dude!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    BF25394 said:
    I'm pretty sure that "Unthought Known" was the only song from the fans' list that was played.  The other songs on the list were "Brother," "Severed Hand," "Untitled/MFC," "Fatal," "Tremor Christ," "Breakerfall," "Pilate" (I think), "Marker in the Sand" and "Strangest Tribe."  I might be forgetting one.

This whole thing was rather funny.  When Ed pointed to "Unthought Known" on the list to tell Jeff they were going to play it, Jeff looked at him and said, "Now?!"

It was an incredible evening, albeit a little schizophrenic from the vantage point of the pit because of a few people that caused trouble and derailed things a couple of times.  Three guys tried to rush the front of the pit during "Even Flow" and they got removed, but only after a couple of us had to act as bouncers.  I was not expecting to have to do that tonight.  Then, during "Indifference," another guy who was livestreaming the whole show and getting in everyone else's space with his phone tried to start a fight when a woman (rightfully) complained that he kept bumping her in the head as he reached over her to film.  Between these two incidents, it was a pretty phenomenal experience but during them, it was chaos and really took me out of the show.

The Taylor Hawkins tribute sounded great.  "Glorified G" (this was my 66th show and that was only the third time I've ever seen it played live) and "Leash" were just nailed.  There wasn't much Gigaton tonight, but all three songs were standouts.  It was great to hear "Take the Long Way" for the first time since Ohana.  "Mind Your Manners" was very high energy and a lot of fun.  "Garden" was another highlight.

The most awkward moment of the night was Eddie passionately defending his friend Bill Murray against accusations of inappropriate behavior with a female colleague and then seguing into "Better Man," a song about a woman in an abusive relationship.  I don't know much about the details of the Murray situation-- I'm not sure anyone not directly involved knows exactly what is alleged to have happened-- but this seemed awkward, and I don't think I was the only one who thought so.  According to a friend who was closer to Stone in the pit, Stone was kind of grimacing as Ed was talking about this and making a hand gesture as if to say. "I don't approve of this message."
    There’s always two sides to every story! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    ImcoffeegirlImcoffeegirl Posts: 202
    They opened with Release! I'm drooling! 
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,554
    Incredible show and setlist. I took my friend, who had only seen them once before but goes to a lot of concerts in general, and he kept saying over and over “Are you fucking kidding me?!”  This setlist is probably the perfect example to highlight the difference in points of view between people who were and were not at the show. If you were there, there was almost no way to be disappointed. It’s hard to imagine feeling anything but gratefulness and positivity for having been there. Energy from the band and fans was once again off the charts. Km
    so proud of LA for representing. From Release forward, what a show. 

Expecting people who were not there to literally look at the setlist or length of the show on paper, and express disappointment. I hope they get shows like these in their home towns to experience and give them this perspective. These last two shows are in my top 10 (of 30 or so). 
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    Massara133Massara133 Stettler AB Canada Posts: 430
    Night 1 was great but Night 2 was the clear winner for me. They were absolutely on fire and I thought the crowd had incredible energy.
     Quick Escape is a rare song that I actually feel sounds better on the album than played live, until last night, they attacked it and it was heavy, so good. Mike was an animal and that continued into Take the Long Way and Evenflow. Then he worked some absolute magic on Immortality. Ed’s voice sounded amazing, the conversation about shorter sets has made me really think about what his voice goes through, I start to lose my voice just trying to belt out Release, he belts it out for over 2 hours on back to back nights - amazing. His little vocal warm up before the encore was funny when he told the crowd “You should all warm up with me in the shower”
    I believe in Miracles was so good, if covers are going to be less and less frequent that was a great one to include. Ed started to talk about Covid, Fuck You Covid, I thought this was leading into Alive, and then they drop Leash. C’mon! A-maze-ing!
  • Options
    HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,535
    The ending of the main set was fucking awesome because they just ripped through every song. No breaks. No Eddie stories. Just ripped through them.

To be honest, these crowds kind of suck…definitely not like the east coast 😉….but the band sounds great. Eddie sounded amazing yet again, but this time on a back to back

Highlights:
    Eddie - “I’m not gonna let her out sparkle me, that bitch!” (Paraphrasing here)
    Immortality, Garden, Glorified G, Unthought…and Leash was a great surprise (no more “lucky” back to “fuckin”
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Perfect set length for Vault 12…..
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Leash and Glorified G. Cool. One thing about shorter set lists is the variety really stands out when you take out all the staples everyone has heard a thousand times. I’m kinda digging this. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    MA83080MA83080 Posts: 1
    Unthought Known for the win. I was really hoping they would play this at one of the LA shows, thanks to the person who wrote it on the list! GA felt a bit more crowded and energetic last night. Truly loved both nights equally. Fingers crossed for some PNW shows added. Two shows after so long without seeing them and I am feeling all the post weekend feels! 
  • Options
    Charlie_modCharlie_mod Posts: 110
    LA FORUM    5-7-22
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 818
    edited May 2022
    Show #19 - Happy to see Wildflowers by Ed for the first time pre-show.  Finally got Release again (freaking DEEP still eludes me).  Then 3 from Yield in a row was killer, leading into my fave from Gigaton, Quick Escape.  The momentum then ended for me with my least fave from Gigaton, Take The Long Way.  Just not a fan of that one, studio or live.  

The highlight of the night was Ed getting emotional about Taylor Hawkins and then Matt singing and playing guitar on Taylor's Foo Fighter's song Cold Day In The Sun.  Awesome.

Loved seeing Glorified G and Leash for only my 2nd time, and seeing I Believe In Miracles again live was nice.  Can't complain about Garden, then seeing Mind Your Manners again was cool, followed by Porch (which unbelievably was my bathroom song as I knew the end was near).

The encore was a crowd pleaser for sure, closing with Indifference...was hoping for RITFW after, but oh well.

An amazing show to cap off a fantastic six show SoCal run for me (Ohana plus these three).  I bought the Patriotic Eagle shirt from last night to help me remember my 21-22 PJ experience for years to come.  I am aging along with the band, so I'm not sure I have another multi city run left in me (especially since it appears I've now maxed out on seeing new stuff...unless there is a new album of course), but I can't wait for show #20 in San Diego (hopefully won't have to wait 9 years again).  Maybe I'll see DEEP there before we all throw in the towel.  :) 

Thank you Pearl Jam. 
    Post edited by Spartanacus on
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,535
    I came back here just to say I absolutely love the minimal stage setup. Old school 2003 and before.

2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,268
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Incredible show and setlist. I took my friend, who had only seen them once before but goes to a lot of concerts in general, and he kept saying over and over “Are you fucking kidding me?!”  This setlist is probably the perfect example to highlight the difference in points of view between people who were and were not at the show. If you were there, there was almost no way to be disappointed. It’s hard to imagine feeling anything but gratefulness and positivity for having been there. Energy from the band and fans was once again off the charts. Km

Expecting people who were not there to literally look at the setlist or length of the show on paper, and express disappointment. I hope they get shows like these in their home towns to experience and give them this perspective. These last two shows are in my top 10 (of 30 or so). 
    BOOM! Perfect review. I agree 100%

These two show were the best I've seen them in more than twenty years. Give me these two shows over any three hour stadium gig any day! There wasn't a wasted second - especially in night two. I cannot wait for these two bootlegs to drop.

• Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,538

BOOM! Perfect review. I agree 100%

These two show were the best I've seen them in more than twenty years. Give me these two shows over any three hour stadium gig any day! There wasn't a wasted second - especially in night two. I cannot wait for these two bootlegs to drop.

Awesome!  Can't wait to hit the Oakland shows. This week finally, hard to believe after all this time.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    Another great show, was in sec G for LA2 after having GA 2 previous shows. Main set was killer, obviously wanted a few more in the encore but that’s just my spoiled side. Band is in great form, this is the end of the line for me until MSG in September. Between Ohanas last yr, asbury park, these 1st 3 shows I’ve seen all the Shows since covid…. I’ll be watchin from a far, I’m sure there are gonna be plenty of great nights ahead.
  • Options
    A fun fact for all the musicians out there too, I am not sure if they did it previously for this song but Glorified G was played a half step down in tuning.  Gave it a cool, darker vibe - it sounded heavy last night!
  • Options
    VikkivaleVikkivale Los Angeles, CA Posts: 224
    Can't wait to hear the bootlegs! I loved both shows but LA2 edged out the first night for me.  The energy of the crowd around me was better and the set list blew me away! Love Release as an opener, indifference as closer...Garden is in my top 10 fave songs!  I never expected to close out VS, as Glorified G had eluded me through 23 shows! #24 was it!

Besides Buttercup and Can't Put the Bullet Back in the Gun, anyone know the names of the songs Josh played? 
  • Options
    csilver22csilver22 Posts: 51
    edited May 2022
    Vikkivale said:

Besides Buttercup and Can't Put the Bullet Back in the Gun, anyone know the names of the songs Josh played? 
    "My Hometown" dedicated to his parents and to LA! That one was incredible for me because right before Josh's set, I had been talking to his Dad in the inside concession concourse, and we concluded our conversation with a toast to our mutual Springsteen fandom. [Fun Fact: That last sentence that I typed had four long words that begin with "con-". Just sayin' is all]
    Post edited by csilver22 on
  • Options
    VikkivaleVikkivale Los Angeles, CA Posts: 224
    Oh right, thanks!  How could I forget that one?  Very cool that you ran into him!  That was a great rendition and dedication. 

• Options
    PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    edited May 2022
    Great night! From the first Release open, that Yield miniset, the Taylor Hawkins tribute, the request sheet intrigue, Miracles being the first cover of the tour, a full Save it For Later tag, a Leash surprise, and an Indifference closer — plenty to be excited about.

Three shows in, and this setlist was 54% (!) tour debuts. Only three Gigaton, two of which were new (and the other was Quick Escape for crying out loud). I'm loving how varied these sets have been.
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    A few additional quick thoughts of last night's show (and the LA run as a whole):

-  Quick Escape's outro hits hard!  Very groovy and heavy with Mike and Jeff laying down that super tight foundation for Mike to do his thing over

-  Release as an intro has got to be one of the most cathartic ways to start a live show ever

-  Matt Cameron's tribute to Taylor was very cool and he did a great job singing it

-  Daughter was performed without a tag, I am not sure if this will be the new norm on this tour making it verbatim to the studio version arrangement

-  Eddie's voice was on point for both shows and I heard some variations on some of the songs melodically I hadn't heard him go for before

Lastly, I don't think anyone who was living "in the present tense" for these shows will be leaving with the number of songs played in mind - the experience being there felt as full as the LA shows in 2013