a good fuzz is hard to find.

2»

Comments

• JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    the new octron from foxrox is pretty cool, it has up and down octaves and what is essentially a mix control, and it's not digital.

I'm thinking it has blue box all over it and might actually be a useable octave fuzz,

I'm pretty sure a 66-69 fuzz face is probably right up your alley EX, the way Analogman does it is probably best as well, because the bias control will save you from the ill effects of temperature and the tone will be accurate. That and you won't have to search through 50 or so to get a good one like Eric Johnson and Jimmy Hendrix.

I'd love to deal with Lovepedal eventually but I can't get Sean to actually correspond.

He still hasn't gotten back to you?
    I'll shoot him an email.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I think it's a steal if you can get the analogman under 100 bucks.

you can always sell it to me if you don't like it, I'm actually the worlds largest collector of G. Snell used/built equipment.

what do you think is an acceptable price for that thing? it's got $80+ worth of mods in it i figure.

i've decide that, if i don't win it, i'll just order up an sunface. i wonder if there's a waiting list on them.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    exhausted wrote:
    what do you think is an acceptable price for that thing? it's got $80+ worth of mods in it i figure.

i've decide that, if i don't win it, i'll just order up an sunface. i wonder if there's a waiting list on them.

sunface w/out mods ships in 2-3 weeks, which is pretty good for mike. Get the battery kill switch and the bass mod.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:

used, I say between 100 or so. over that you get into the 69 fuzz range.

maybe 110-120 if it goes that high. not over that though.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.