pedalboard thread

2»

Comments

• exhausted wrote:
    please tell me your version of the AB switchbox has the proper 9lug switches. i made a few with them. i really hope it does. otherwise it's bleeding signal like crazy and should be discarded. :(

I don't think it bleeds though.

I'll have to go check. I never noticed any. I haven't used it much lately, but I may now if I do this guitar thing with a woman who's a great jazz trumpet player. I'm fiddling around with that Roland looper and may use it to set up loops and stuff in combo with the Headrush.

Well, if it does bleed through, maybe it'll be worth a lot,,, like an error on a postage stamp!

I'll be back!

I just got a line six live pedal board today, too! I'm a simple man,,,,, It looks way scary and complicated! I'll have to hook it up, too. I think I might even have to read the instructions on this thing. :eek:
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

I'll have to go check. I never noticed any. I haven't used it much lately, but I may now if I do this guitar thing with a woman who's a great jazz trumpet player. I'm fiddling around with that Roland looper and may use it to set up loops and stuff in combo with the Headrush.

Well, if it does bleed through, maybe it'll be worth a lot,,, like an error on a postage stamp!

I'll be back!

I just got a line six live pedal board today, too! I'm a simple man,,,,, It looks way scary and complicated! I'll have to hook it up, too. I think I might even have to read the instructions on this thing. :eek:

it's probably got the enormo gage wire in it too. i'm mortified. i apologize profusely. if so, it pretty much needs to be gutted. :(

the XT live should be a lot of fun. how much it rewards you is directly proportional to how much effort you put into tweaking the amp models. it takes time but it's worth it. there are some crazy effects in there too.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:
    they're paperweights.

I like mine just fine, you did a swell job.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • onejourneyonejourney Posts: 285
    Is that a SoundTank, or the PH7 or PT9? Some of those Ibanez Phasers are pretty frickin' cool... My first phaser was a SoundTank PH5, and it was okay... the switch was pretty well gone by the time I was done with it, but it sounded alright. I'm more happy with my Phase 90, although I kinda miss a depth control.

Yeah...I have the PH7...It does alot of cool things...but I like the sound of the MXR.....Im in no rush...but Id like to get one.....have you heard the tubescreamer reissues?? I have the standard TS9....But I wonder how the reissues sound....
    "...just be glad you have the music and cherish it for yourself..." -stateoflove79
  • exhausted wrote:
    it's probably got the enormo gage wire in it too. i'm mortified. i apologize profusely. if so, it pretty much needs to be gutted. :(

the XT live should be a lot of fun. how much it rewards you is directly proportional to how much effort you put into tweaking the amp models. it takes time but it's worth it. there are some crazy effects in there too.

No mortification necessary, man. It's fine! Even if it wasn't, it would be a great paperweight!

This line six is a friggin trip. I'm getting the hang of it a bit,,,, and I've modded up the amp and effects. It IS pretty incredible, I must say.The presets are mostly kind of cheesy,, but it sounds great when you fiddle with them. I'm gonna get the dogs going next door next. I've gotten a pretty good barking dog sound going, and I'll run it through the looper, grab a beer, and let'm howl! :D
    It'll take me a year to find those settings again, though!

The Telesonic pedal is REALLY good, too. I'm just playing with the compressor now.
    Be kind, man

Bob as well...

It's the only all-in-one multi-FX pedal I would ever play thru.

How's it treating you?
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Bob as well...

It's the only all-in-one multi-FX pedal I would ever play thru.

How's it treating you?

I don't know what's easier for me,,,,,

Hauling out the Twin Reverb or a boogie, and throwing down a bunch of pedals and tweaking that,,,, or dialing through all the options on the Line 6, and trying to find them again!
    I kind of think it's an incredible unit, but honestly,,,, from someone who grew up playing through the real stuff then going to a complex digital unit is similar to :

oh, let's say someone was born in '53 and wrote and typed and then computers came when you were older,,,,, it's a fight to learn that stuff as opposed to younger folk who started in the computer world!

Someday when I get the time to sit with it, I'll really give it a go.

That being said,,,, I HAVE found some great sounds and it works great with a '65 deluxe reverb!
    Be kind, man

Hauling out the Twin Reverb or a boogie, and throwing down a bunch of pedals and tweaking that,,,, or dialing through all the options on the Line 6, and trying to find them again!
    I kind of think it's an incredible unit, but honestly,,,, from someone who grew up playing through the real stuff then going to a complex digital unit is similar to :

oh, let's say someone was born in '53 and wrote and typed and then computers came when you were older,,,,, it's a fight to learn that stuff as opposed to younger folk who started in the computer world!

Someday when I get the time to sit with it, I'll really give it a go.

That being said,,,, I HAVE found some great sounds and it works great with a '65 deluxe reverb!

it's easier to work with when it's hooked to the computer and you're using the editing software.
  • exhausted wrote:
    it's easier to work with when it's hooked to the computer and you're using the editing software.

:eek:

Hooking the Line 6 to a computer!!! There's a simple concept for me!! :eek:
    Computers and I together would be like Rush Limbaugh and Al Franken taking a road trip for a couple of weeks in a smart car!

Actually I know you're right,,, I'm going to set it up on an ironing board with my Mac and give it all a go. My emergence into the 20th century!

Hell, I think that's all I ever used an ironing board for,,,, keyboard stands and to set my pedals up on, to tweak things.
    Be kind, man
    i think you just inspired me to make a pedalboard out of an ironing board.

Cool!

At least someone else'll be walking around with wrinkled clothes! :)

When I would work out pedal chains, always used the ironing board because it's the right height, nice and long and easy to reach.

The other thing it's good for, when you work on your guitar. When I'm taking them apart or fixing them, it's a nice non scratch surface.

F* ironing,,, make some music instead! :D
    Be kind, man