just for fun.

http://minorlith.net/visual/gear/board033105.jpg

ernie ball vp jr. volume
mxr phase 90 phaser
maxon cp101 compressor
hao rust driver clean boost
hao sole pressure overdrive
line 6 DL4 delay (with exp pedal)
boss TU-2 off the ernie ball's tuner output.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Lookin' tidy...

I'll post new pics of my board once I get my new toy on there ;)
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    whaddya get?
  • onejourneyonejourney Posts: 285
    exhausted wrote:
    just for fun.

ernie ball vp jr. volume
    mxr phase 90 phaser
    maxon cp101 compressor

I like it....I really want to get one of the MXR phasers....to replace my Ibanez....I dont know why I got it over the MXR.... :rolleyes:
    "...just be glad you have the music and cherish it for yourself..." -stateoflove79
  • KillerIsMeKillerIsMe Posts: 208
    do it. but also do the r28 mod or else your clean distorts to hell
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I just got a shiny blue box from the postman :D

wow, tons of compression from that thing. boy is it cool but maybe not quite for my setup. holy crap for a little blue blues pedal it sure has a lot of gain.

what is the sole pressure like?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhausted wrote:
    just for fun.

ernie ball vp jr. volume
    mxr phase 90 phaser
    maxon cp101 compressor

Goddamn, that's a sexy rig. What other gear do you use? I'm goin MIDI here pretty soon, no more pedal dancing. But for now...

Crybaby-Volume-DOD Overdrive-Marshall JH1 Distortion-MXR Phase 90-Ibanez Delay. Amp switch for dist. and chorus. With an SKB pedalboard.
    To myself I surrender, to the one I'll never please.
    exhausted wrote:
    whaddya get?

Finally finished the collection with a Line 6 Tap Tremolo. I've also got an order in for a Shannon Overdrive, once I get paid for my Marshall combo, but that'll probably be a stand-alone unit (not on the board).

How's your Pedal Power 2 treating you? Loving mine to death. I'll have to make an adjustment when the Tremolo gets here, though... I've already used up all my outlets. I'll probably put the two Keeley's on a Y-cable. I'll also have to figure out if the Tremolo uses the Line 6 adaptor, or a standard Boss... no worries, I have both, but it'd be nice to know. At least it's 9v, don't have to flip one of those damn little switches.
    onejourney wrote:
    I really want to get one of the MXR phasers....to replace my Ibanez....I dont know why I got it over the MXR.... :rolleyes:

Is that a SoundTank, or the PH7 or PT9? Some of those Ibanez Phasers are pretty frickin' cool... My first phaser was a SoundTank PH5, and it was okay... the switch was pretty well gone by the time I was done with it, but it sounded alright. I'm more happy with my Phase 90, although I kinda miss a depth control.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I just got a shiny blue box from the postman :D

wow, tons of compression from that thing. boy is it cool but maybe not quite for my setup. holy crap for a little blue blues pedal it sure has a lot of gain.

what is the sole pressure like?

i hope you like it and if not, it'll go on ebay for at least what you paid for it i think. that delivery was faster than i thought it would be.

the sole pressure is less transparent. the gain is focused on the lows and mids which is perfect for me. there isn't as much "clean" gain available in the level control but tons in the drive control.
    Goddamn, that's a sexy rig. What other gear do you use? I'm goin MIDI here pretty soon, no more pedal dancing. But for now...

Crybaby-Volume-DOD Overdrive-Marshall JH1 Distortion-MXR Phase 90-Ibanez Delay. Amp switch for dist. and chorus. With an SKB pedalboard.

it's plugged into a fender deluxe reverb with a vintage 30 and a hotplate most of the time.
    http://minorlith.net/visual/gear/v30-6.jpg

i have a couple pod XTs that i use as well for weirder sounds.
    How's your Pedal Power 2 treating you?

it's bulletproof.
    exhausted wrote:
    i hope you like it and if not, it'll go on ebay for at least what you paid for it i think. that delivery was faster than i thought it would be.

the sole pressure is less transparent. the gain is focused on the lows and mids which is perfect for me. there isn't as much "clean" gain available in the level control but tons in the drive control.

thus you have the rust booster.

The BD2 is really clean and nice by itself. I don't know I couldn't put my finger on it the first hour or so but my roommate called it. He says, wow that's a lot more compressed. There is much much more clarity from the BD2 in comparison to the Rat but the Rat still sounds damn nice. I'm not unhappy with the purchase at all I just think having 2 similar OD's might be redundant and at volume I'm not sure if the sound plays well with my personal rig. (the looseness of the open back cab and the lower wattage of my Orange contribute to a loss of tightness when both the BD2 and Barber are engaged, it's almost like too much of a good thing. However, it is extremely bluesy and a damn nice OD. I'll probably kick myself to sell it, but I'd like to try a Barber DDSS with the DD and maybe sell the rat (although this too may prove to be a stupid move) and put a Big Muff in it's place.

I'm getting bored I guess looking down at the PB lately. I think I'm going to put an orange LED in the Direct Drive. I'm not sure exactly why, but I love that thing. I've been kicking around getting a Burn Unit EQ instead of the other too as well and perhaps a Tone Press when I dump the comp. I like that little Maxon unit you have as well.

in the end, what I really want, is the orange running into a seperate 2x12 or 4x10 closed back cab and a DR (or Princeton Reverb) running in stereo, this of course if I don't get one of those unbelievably awesome lacquered Bassman RI's and a Wiggler. Those bassmans make you want to forsake all pedals, but one could never really do that. I'm also still kicking around getting a 69 fuzz too just because they are fairly cheap on Ebay and I'm going to want a fuzz when I eventually get some semblence of a vibe pedal.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    i tried a fulltone 70 last night. quite nice but nothing i can't do already with my double muff and turning the amp up.

i'd prefer the 69 i'm sure but i've never had opportunity to play one.

the sole pressure just suits the DR i feel. that amp takes a low-mid boost very well. the new speaker's starting to break in a bit too so the sound's just getting better and better. i haven't played anything but my SG in days.
    exhausted wrote:
    i tried a fulltone 70 last night. quite nice but nothing i can't do already with my double muff and turning the amp up.

i'd prefer the 69 i'm sure but i've never had opportunity to play one.

the sole pressure just suits the DR i feel. that amp takes a low-mid boost very well. the new speaker's starting to break in a bit too so the sound's just getting better and better. i haven't played anything but my SG in days.

I'm interested to try Fred Bronte's (Black Cat) Superfuzz and local boy Nick Greer's Black Fuzz. The rat is a fuzz bomb but it's always fun to see what other stuff can do.
    i have some fuzzes in the pod to play with as well. that's kinda why i'm not bothering getting a vexter fuzz factory. it's not a full time effect anyway. i just need it once in a while for certain things.

the 70 seemed too dark for me. too much colouration or something. i don't know.
    exhausted wrote:
    i have some fuzzes in the pod to play with as well. that's kinda why i'm not bothering getting a vexter fuzz factory. it's not a full time effect anyway. i just need it once in a while for certain things.

the 70 seemed too dark for me. too much colouration or something. i don't know.

yeah, fuzzes are really particular, that's one reason I was going to buy a CC2, I figured if I didn't like the config, I could just change it.

Maybe I should look harder at the ZIM.
    the ZIM will be very appealing once the big muff and fuzz face cards are ready for it.
    exhausted wrote:
    the ZIM will be very appealing once the big muff and fuzz face cards are ready for it.

definately. I didn't know those were in the works.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    definately. I didn't know those were in the works.
    for whatever reason, he's been really slow to release them.

for now it's just buffer/boost and tube screamer variations it seems.
    exhausted wrote:
    for whatever reason, he's been really slow to release them.

for now it's just buffer/boost and tube screamer variations it seems.

yeah, right now it kind of feels like I have too much of the same thing with the 2 overdrives, they aren't really too different than what I have already except for some smoothness. I know it would be different with a different amp, I know what I really need at the moment is a very clean presence boost just to give me that solid fat clean without going over the top. I can get it it just takes some adjustment. Some of that is not the pedals but the amp/speaker combo itself.

I like the ZIM because essentially like most of the barber stuff you can adjust it to your setup.
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    youre a mathew sweet fan arent ya greg? god i love him, been listening to him lately, i love his tone and the sound he's got. 100% real...in my opinion has this very cool 70's rock vibe to it...love his guitar tone. anywho...

great pedal board, i need to get a picture of mine up soon here. im thinking about ordering a shannon distortion from him...i suppose i should just do it..hopefully he still has a couple left. and am also looking to get a new compressor, and possibly a digital delay...something i can control better, how is the dan echo? etc etc...
    matthew sweet is/was a way huge user. the last record "living things" is horrible but i love the mid 90s stuff.

what do you mean by "control better" in regard to the delay? the dan-echo won't oscillate. the DD-3 and DD-6 will as far as i know.
    exhausted wrote:
    matthew sweet is/was a way huge user. the last record "living things" is horrible but i love the mid 90s stuff.

what do you mean by "control better" in regard to the delay? the dan-echo won't oscillate. the DD-3 and DD-6 will as far as i know.

ha, the first song I learned on Guitar was "Sick of Myself"

I love way huge, but I refuse to pay 500 bucks for them. I'd get more tone out of a seprate amp anyhow.
  • well my pedals are...

Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
    Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
    Boss Digital Delay
    Digitech RP80 Multi-Effect (dont care for it, rarely use it, i use it for reverb and chorus sometimes)
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    exhausted wrote:

control better as in...

with the boss dm, and the ibanez analogue...its hard to really be able to control the delay of the note, those pedals are sos nesitive as to where the dials are set. i hit a note and let it ring..sometimes its just way out of hand and becomes a loud noise of mess..which can be very cool at times...i feel, as my other play in the band uses a digital reverb/delay pedal..boss i believe..has such control over his delay, sounds great with chords.
    in that case, i think the dan-echo might be worth trying out.

it's got the short/long range switch and the high frequncy cut to make things sound a little more analog. it's worth a shot.
  • Mine used to change every week

Here's an older version that I used to use

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/mynamehere/IMG_1355.jpg
    Modded Boss OD-1 Overdrive
    Rotovibe
    Crybaby wah
    A Rick Gram Womantone pedal
    Prescription Experience (One of the first ones and hard to control, but cool)
    an old pink Ibanez AD-9 Analog Delay (Great pedal)

An old Roland Super Chorus that a tech did something to to quiet it down :)
    An Akai Headrush. I love that thing

Morley Volume

Roland acoustic simulator,, that actually is a great stage pedal after you figure out how to tweak it

A Vaughn's Mods Modded Tubescreamer

The wires in the picture are all messed up though from me hooking it up all in the dark and hurried. My guitar tech Annie always fixed it for me before we went on! :D

This just in today!:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/mynamehere/IMG_2080.jpg

The mailman came with a box from Telesonic with a Shannon compressor!
    Eric,,,,, you are truly the manand I can't thank you enough!! Thanks so much for the really nice letter, too.

To the good old Woman Tone

To the amazing Shannon Overdrive

To Exhausted's A/B/ tuner bypass switch :D

To a Roland AC-20 Loop Station

This is a very Musician and Gearhead board oriented setup! :D

This is my favorite peadal board setup on a nice day like today
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/mynamehere/IMG_2078.jpg

Sitting on the roof with my acoustic guitar
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    exhausted wrote:
    please tell me your version of the AB switchbox has the proper 9lug switches. i made a few with them. i really hope it does. otherwise it's bleeding signal like crazy and should be discarded. :(

yeah, mine bleeds on the B channel when the AUX In is engaged and my tuner won't work on it but it's no biggie. It looks cool and it's custom.

Mine looks just like your's BOB except I got a kill switch on mines.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    yeah, mine bleeds on the B channel when the AUX In is engaged and my tuner won't work on it but it's no biggie. It looks cool and it's custom.

Mine looks just like your's BOB except I got a kill switch on mines.

they're paperweights.