PJ Tour Merch 2022

Comments

• Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,165
    rey said:
    Bmoya said:
    mattcoz said:
    Habit4me said:
    Ok, I'll be that guy. Poster is....hmmmm....ok...I guess. Sutton had 2 years and this is what he came up with?! Kudos for it being better than the 2020 poster, but this is one of those "if it's still available when I get to the show, I'll buy it. If not, I'm not going to lose any sleep".
    I think it's great, although I'm not sure what connection there is between Batman and San Diego.
    I’m going to say Batman is a homage to EV home show 
    Comic-Con too perhaps?
    That would be my guess. If so, still a very weak connection.
    Does their have to be a connection?
    It helps in the case when something is visually weak. At least you feel like something makes sense, even at the expense of art that looks like more effort could have been put into it. I don't know. To each their own. I'm just glad it isn't the poster for the Oakland show, though I ain't holding my breath for that one!
    The best prints have a connection to the city, where the show is being played, etc... Seems to me as if Pearl Jam poster artists create artwork that brings in something about the city, band, venue far less than other bands. That's part of the reason people lose their minds when there is a halfway decent poster that does have a connection (Wrigley Cracker Jack or Emek Rome, come to mind). I've found that Eddie Vedder solo posters typically have that "connection" element far more frequently than PJ posters (why? I'm not sure).
    If we're doing this (meaning obvious all-time great PJ posters)--What's the connection for:

Houston Green Lady '92
    Emek's Charlotte '96
    Rome Sutton 96
    Istanbul '96
    Portugal and Spain '96
    Vegas '98
    Barrie '98
    Noblesville '98 (green monster head in jar)
    Raleigh '98 (tres monkeys)
    St. Louis '98 (is the plane in homage to something St. L?)
    Santa Barbara '03
    Cincinnati '03
    NYC Donkey Kong '10
    NYC Transformers '15
    Probably Charles Lindbergh and his plane, the Spirit of St. Louis?
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,868
    on2legs said:
    rey said:
    Bmoya said:
    mattcoz said:
    Habit4me said:
    Ok, I'll be that guy. Poster is....hmmmm....ok...I guess. Sutton had 2 years and this is what he came up with?! Kudos for it being better than the 2020 poster, but this is one of those "if it's still available when I get to the show, I'll buy it. If not, I'm not going to lose any sleep".
    I think it's great, although I'm not sure what connection there is between Batman and San Diego.
    I’m going to say Batman is a homage to EV home show 
    Comic-Con too perhaps?
    That would be my guess. If so, still a very weak connection.
    Does their have to be a connection?
    It helps in the case when something is visually weak. At least you feel like something makes sense, even at the expense of art that looks like more effort could have been put into it. I don't know. To each their own. I'm just glad it isn't the poster for the Oakland show, though I ain't holding my breath for that one!
    The best prints have a connection to the city, where the show is being played, etc... Seems to me as if Pearl Jam poster artists create artwork that brings in something about the city, band, venue far less than other bands. That's part of the reason people lose their minds when there is a halfway decent poster that does have a connection (Wrigley Cracker Jack or Emek Rome, come to mind). I've found that Eddie Vedder solo posters typically have that "connection" element far more frequently than PJ posters (why? I'm not sure).
    If we're doing this (meaning obvious all-time great PJ posters)--What's the connection for:

Houston Green Lady '92
    Emek's Charlotte '96
    Rome Sutton 96
    Istanbul '96
    Portugal and Spain '96
    Vegas '98
    Barrie '98
    Noblesville '98 (green monster head in jar)
    Raleigh '98 (tres monkeys)
    St. Louis '98 (is the plane in homage to something St. L?)
    Santa Barbara '03
    Cincinnati '03
    NYC Donkey Kong '10
    NYC Transformers '15
    Point taken… however King Kong did climb the Empire State Building. 
    Also the woman mario is going to save has crown/torch of statue of liberty. Mario is jumping taxi cabs and buses.
    NYC!
  • Options
    bb4packersbb4packers Posts: 176
    Could also be at the time McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing) was headquartered in STL and made planes for the military
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    Aaah yes, I guess I never really looked closely at the Kong print, even though I once owned it. Also, I guess the Transformers is supposed to be the band?

Still, an iconic poster is iconic because it's great--not because it's tied to a venue, city, or even necessarily the band. Emek's peace hand is now synonymous with PJ, yet originally, I struggled to see it as anything other than a throwback to old gig posters.
  • Options
    jpgoegeljpgoegel Posts: 410
    the stl poster is a ripoff of a company advertisement if I recall.  not stl or MO related.  there's a few from that era that were just blatant ripoffs
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,804
    Line inside the venue was 20 minutes tops.   Line for pizza was longer. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,448
    edited May 2022
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Green_DiseaseGreen_Disease Posts: 37
    edited May 2022
    I've got some SD posters for people on the shows after LA to trade. Oh... and they were $45.
    Post edited by Green_Disease on
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,753
    Someone please post a pic of what’s going to end up in a box in my garage please! Show me the merch!
     :D 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    DinkyvisionDinkyvision Posts: 11
    Apologies as I’m new on the boards…

Been collecting posters for 20 years (dmb mostly). Saw PJ in AZ at Lallapalooza 92, then EV solo 2012? & PJ in 2013 (last AZ show). 

I wasn’t a 10C member before, but have been for a few years now. Does the 10C do member poster sales day of show (dmb club members with tix get an email day of for posters sometimes). I worry with the booth being outside the venue, that non ticket holders (flippers) will snap up all the prints. I am free on show day so I am planning on going early to secure a print, then come home & get ready for show and wait for wife to get off work before heading out. If the booth opens at 1, would arriving by noon be sufficient to get a poster? Do they check that you have a ticket to buy limited stuff? It’s been 9 years since my last PJ show so I can’t remember. 

If there’s anyone going to AZ that wants to be poster buddies, let me know. Dmb fans often pair up so if someone misses them, their buddy can secure one. I hate supporting flippers and just want a copy. 
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,883

Been collecting posters for 20 years (dmb mostly). Saw PJ in AZ at Lallapalooza 92, then EV solo 2012? & PJ in 2013 (last AZ show). 

I wasn’t a 10C member before, but have been for a few years now. Does the 10C do member poster sales day of show (dmb club members with tix get an email day of for posters sometimes). I worry with the booth being outside the venue, that non ticket holders (flippers) will snap up all the prints. I am free on show day so I am planning on going early to secure a print, then come home & get ready for show and wait for wife to get off work before heading out. If the booth opens at 1, would arriving by noon be sufficient to get a poster? Do they check that you have a ticket to buy limited stuff? It’s been 9 years since my last PJ show so I can’t remember. 

If there’s anyone going to AZ that wants to be poster buddies, let me know. Dmb fans often pair up so if someone misses them, their buddy can secure one. I hate supporting flippers and just want a copy. 
    No, there are no 10 Club exclusive sales. Flippers will be present. There is supposed to be a limit on how many posters you can buy, but that has to actually be enforced by the seller to matter. Even if the merch person IS enforcing it, there's always ways around it. My gut says noon should be plenty early (I don't know if the posters sold out yesterday, though apparently the license plates sold out, at least from the outdoor merch stand). A poster buddy is the way to go; if you both get posters, you can trade/help unfortunate folks who missed out/sell it.

Also, welcome back and enjoy the show!
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,088

Usually they have both the outside and inside Merch tents. Best strategy is either to get there early and queue before the outside Merch opens or alternatively go inside the venue as soon as doors open and go immediately to the inside Merch stand.
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,376
    edited May 2022
  • Options
    jagerweisjagerweis Los Angeles, CA Posts: 126
    I have an extra one of the SD Lion shirts (size Small) from last night if anyone is interested. $40 plus shipping.

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,998
    Anybody know how much those California License plates are at the merch stands? 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    jagerweisjagerweis Los Angeles, CA Posts: 126
    JojoRice said:
    They were $15.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,998
    jagerweis said:
    JojoRice said:
    They were $15.
    Sweet!  Thanks
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Mookie25Mookie25 Seattle Posts: 58
    Will there be a Bourbon & Beyond (Louisville) Poster?
    "Said he'll see me on the flip side"

Toledo 96 ◘ Columbus 00 ◘ Pittsburgh 00 ◘ Cleveland 03 ◘ Pittsburgh 03 ◘ Alpine Valley 03 ◘ Noblesville 03 ◘ Columbus 03 ◘ Toledo 04 VFC ◘ London, ON 05 ◘ Cleveland 06 ◘ Philly I & II 06 ◘ Cincinnati 06 ◘ VIC 07 ◘ MSG II 08 ◘ EV Memphis 09 ◘ Columbus 10 ◘ Cleveland 10 ◘ EV Boston 11 ◘ PJ20 ◘ Wrigley Field 13 ◘ Buffalo 13 ◘ Detroit 14 ◘ Louisville BNB 22 ◘ Noblesville 23 (24)?

• Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,165
    I’m sure there will be. They had a poster for Music Midtown in 2012 (one of my favs, Munk One!).
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    There was a poster for Eddie solo at B&B in 2017, so I'm sure PJ will have one this year.
  • Options
    drfox said:

Usually they have both the outside and inside Merch tents. Best strategy is either to get there early and queue before the outside Merch opens or alternatively go inside the venue as soon as doors open and go immediately to the inside Merch stand.
    Yea. My plan is arrive early for the outdoor booth & hopefully get posters & stuff during the day, then if that doesn’t work we will get into venue as soon as we can. We don’t ever tailgate or anything. Wife & I have been all over the states for dmb shows since 2008 and I’ve gotten posters for all but 2 shows (mgm in Vegas had booth outside venue & hotel staff bought up the posters. We waited 5 hours in line both nights and they sold out like 8 ppl ahead of us. Flippers we’re walking away with 10 posters each. It was infuriating. Then, they immediately tried flipping to fans for $250 each [retail was $35 I think]. I had to resort to eBay because they were very cool prints. Dropped $200 each. I hated doing it). We are pretty good at our concert routines so hopefully won’t be an issue. 

I do have the EV glow in the dark AZ poster & both variants of the PJ AZ raven poster (b&w and red&black). I didn’t do posters before like 2003, only shirts so I unfortunately never got the lallapalooza 92 poster. I am gonna get my shirt out of storage though and probably wear it. That was a hell of a show. 

I’ve got a pretty solid poster collection. Tons of dmb, DCFC, Radiohead, (and several are signed by band members). I am stoked for the show, have gotten really into PJ since like 2010 or so but unfortunately they rarely play AZ and we just haven’t travelled for much other than dmb. 

Again, if there’s anyone heading to AZ & wants to poster buddy, let me know. I really dig the PJ fan base and am glad there’s so many good ppl in it. 

Here’s a few pics from the last time I organized my portfolios. The Blackjack Set in frames are the Vegas ones that I mentioned. 

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,868
    Nice. Love that stones.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,465
    jagerweis said:
    JojoRice said:
    They were $15.
    Are they metal or plastic?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,753
    on2legs said:
    Any one???
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,307
    PJammin' said:
    on2legs said:
    Any one???
    Metal from what I’ve been told. 
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Nice. Love that stones.
    Yea. It’s pretty cool. It’s supposed to be styled on Antelope Canyon here in AZ. It was my 2nd Stones show (also did 2005 tour). Great evening for sure and was a few days after my 40th bday. 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,959
    Loujoe said:
    Nice. Love that stones.
    Yea. It’s pretty cool. It’s supposed to be styled on Antelope Canyon here in AZ. It was my 2nd Stones show (also did 2005 tour). Great evening for sure and was a few days after my 40th bday. 
    Antelope Canyon was one of the most breathtaking places I have ever been. 
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,643
    Missed opportunity with no Padres themed stuff the other night. 
  • Options
    Missed opportunity with no Padres themed stuff the other night. 
    Good Call....
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,643
    Not PJ but this is the best rock tshirt I’ve seen in a long time.  Mrtsurt helped put this together.  

Partnership between Blink 182 and Sombrero (the San Diego Mexican chain immortalized on their Dude Ranch album)

if you’re a blink fan it’s unbelievably cool.  Sold out in like 2 minutes this morning.