Phish (attempts) to eliminate early line waiters for GA Pit

2»

Comments

• mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    JimmyV said:
    Ours is a fanbase that had trouble entering a ticket lottery, so the number of people who would successfully fill out one of these forms might be smaller than you think. 
    Yeah, maybe just assign each GA ticket a group number. If you win GA, you see your group number on your ticket. Just like boarding a plane.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,837
    Great idea.  
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Love it! I’ll be watching from my seats to see how this unfolds! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    mattcoz said:
    JimmyV said:
    Ours is a fanbase that had trouble entering a ticket lottery, so the number of people who would successfully fill out one of these forms might be smaller than you think. 
    Yeah, maybe just assign each GA ticket a group number. If you win GA, you see your group number on your ticket. Just like boarding a plane.
    I like the Phish method a bit.  This one could have potential too.  However, the closer to the show these things are awarded, the better in order to eliminate hijinks
  • jgregory89jgregory89 Las Vegas Posts: 195
    I love any attempt at this. I forget if it’s Bruce or u2 where everyone gets a number and a random # is selected and that’s essentially #1. Come back later and line up. All the craziness with the line manipulators eliminated. And the lists and aggressiveness I’ve read about it. You’re still closer than 90% of the venue in the pit. 
    I have GA for September and don’t care where I land. I don’t need EV to look into my eyes for me to be grateful to be there 
    I have GA for Nashville, and I plan on hanging somewhere in the back half. My wife is short, so we will be looking for spots that she can see the guys. I am looking into platform sneakers for her to add some height. Every little bit helps. However to be honest, I am 5'11" and once people start bringing out the phones to record, it blocks my view too. I ended up moving a couple of times at Ohana Encore due to people doing extended documentaries of the show on their phones.
    I'm 6"4" and I couldn't see over people's phones at Encore. 
    I hate that shit.  If anything, I'll take a quick little 15 second video or snap a pic, then the phone goes back in my pocket and stays there for the most part. 
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    MayDay10 said:
    mattcoz said:
    JimmyV said:
    I like the Phish method a bit.  This one could have potential too.  However, the closer to the show these things are awarded, the better in order to eliminate hijinks
    Yeah, I suppose that's a good point.

• helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,272
    The hippies are always happy
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,187
    Sure another form to fill just what we need! 🤣🤣🤣 not
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,702
    JimmyV said:
    Yep.