A question for the ten club leadership

How many active members are there currently? 

Comments

• ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 654
    edited April 2022

Edit: upon further review, 58,487
    Post edited by ddeschler on
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • smile6680smile6680 Posts: 378
    ddeschler said:

Edit: upon further review, 58,487
    How do you know this? Must be a joke?
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 654
    Just joking.  Guessing.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
    ddeschler said:
    Just joking.  Guessing.
    Ha Ha. Funny and quick. I like it.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,949
    I'd estimate 200k
    Well? Moderators must have a good idea on what the number currently is.
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    Id say about 10,000.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    smile6680 said:
    You won’t get an answer here. It’s been asked for ages and has never been posted. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,634
    smile6680 said:
    You won’t get an answer here. It’s been asked for ages and has never been posted. 
    Par for the course lately. 
    smile6680 said:
    Friend and I were trying to guess the other night. I didn't know it has been asked before. Why the secrecy? Now I'm curious to why they won't answer.
    smile6680 said:
    smile6680 said:
    Friend and I were trying to guess the other night. I didn't know it has been asked before. Why the secrecy? Now I'm curious to why they won't answer.
    Obviously not important enough, or a priority. Do other bands keep its fan club folks up to date on their enrollment numbers? 
    www.cluthelee.com
    I don't know what other bands do. It was a question that I would have thought would not involve a lot of time or effort on any of the ten club mods/or people that run the club. My friend and I had a 12 pack wager on who was closest to the number. 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    Fifty two million four hundred and seventy six thousand is my best guess.
    Fifty two million four hundred and seventy six thousand is my best guess.
    Well. My guess is real off. 
    smile6680 said:
    I don't know what other bands do. It was a question that I would have thought would not involve a lot of time or effort on any of the ten club mods/or people that run the club. My friend and I had a 12 pack wager on who was closest to the number. 
    One would think! Try settling that bet by guessing how many times Ed has used the word ‘fuck’ on a studio album. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    I will put my ten year old on that and watch my wifes head explode.
    smile6680 said:
    Haha! This is an adult level after the kids go to bed situation! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • RK50065RK50065 Posts: 897
    xxx,xxx
    smile6680 said:
    Haha! This is an adult level after the kids go to bed situation! 
    I typically like a lot of your posts. The question is. Do you secretly know the current membership number? feel free to send a private message me with the answer. I won't tell anyone. I didn't realize this has been a well guarded secret over the years.
    RK50065 said:
    xxx,xxx
    So your telling me it's between 100k and 999k. I'll check with my friend and see if he will accept that as an answer. It's funny how this started as a light hearted discussion/bet between two long time members and friends. 
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited April 2022
    smile6680 said:
    smile6680 said:
    If I was guessing I would say it’s kind of like asking someone “how much money do you make?”  It’s just not something that ever ends well

active (paid) members x membership fee gives people a lot of info on revenue without any context of what that money goes toward. We already know that since ticket prices are printed on the tickets and venue size is public knowledge, people already do the math and get really mad about how much revenue is collected, even without knowing how much of the money even goes to what or to who 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
    smile6680 said:
    smile6680 said:
    If I was guessing I would say it’s kind of like asking someone “how much money do you make?”  It’s just not something that ever ends well

active (paid) members x membership fee gives people a lot of info on revenue without any context of what that money goes toward. We already know that since ticket prices are printed on the tickets, people already do the math and get really mad about how much revenue is collected, even without knowing how much of the money even goes to what or to who 
    I guess so. I don't care what they are or are not pulling in for money in membership dues. To be clear the ten club has always done right by me. Usually I get more grief from members on this board about questions I have than the ten club. They typically reach put to me via private message when I have an issue and get things straightened out. 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,986
    666. Plus the 15 people that post here regularly.
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    420 man. Can’t go wrong with 420. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,986
    The only rule about 10 club, is there is no 10 club.
    420 man. Can’t go wrong with 420. 
    You are four days early.
    Loujoe said:
    The only rule about 10 club, is there is no 10 club.
    Maybe this is what they tell the IRS. Evading taxes. Ha Ha
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,837
    $1, Bob.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    Didn’t Tim mention about a decade or so ago ~250,000 active paid memberships? Guessing it’s somewhere around the same.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore