Options

Stone on 995KLOS. Chats about Pearl Jam, Painted Shield & his previous bands

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,743
edited April 2022 in The Porch

Join me Tonight on my KLOS Los Angeles radio show, New And Approved, My guest is the great Stone Gossard of Pearl Jam and Painted Shield. We will talk about the new Painted Shield 2 album, the relaunch of Loosegroove Records, and some of Stone and Pearl Jam’s History as well. We also countdown the 10 biggest new rock songs in Southern California for the week in rock. 8-10 pm Pacific Stream at 955KLOS.COM or listen live at 95. 5 FM.

#StoneGossard of @pearljam @paintedshield @loosegrooverecords

Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
    Isn't that the channel that has Jonesys Jukebox? 

Someone should be on that show.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765
    anyone snag audio of this anywhere?
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,317
    It will be on YouTube 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    It will be on YouTube 

Great!
  • Options
    Stone Gossard Chats About Pearl Jam, Painted Shield, & His Previous Bands On New & Approved

From Green River, Mother Love Bone, Temple of The Dog, Pearl Jam, and now Painted Shield, guitarist Stone Gossard has contributed heavily to music since the 1980s.  Gossard discusses his long, involved career with Matt Pinfield on this episode of New & Approved.

Gossard tells his musical story in chronological order starting from when he began playing guitar at 16-years-old.  He immediately joined bands in his hometown of Seattle to improve his talents.  According to Gossard, the Seattle music scene was very unique and open to experimentation which is exactly where he hoped to go with his music.

Gossard discusses with Pinfield the many bands he has been a part of.  He explains how he joined Green River and was inspired by genre-breaking bands such as Alice Cooper, Iggy Pop & The Stooges, and The Rolling Stones.  Eventually, Gossard formed Mother Love Bone and blended punk and glam rock into an entirely new territory.  However, the sudden and tragic loss of bandmate Andy Wood led to the band's demise and heartbreak for Gossard.

Pinfield asks Gossard about the formation of Temple of the Dog and how Pearl Jam was eventually formed.  We learn all about Eddie Vedder's impact on Gossard and how the two worked together in one of the most important bands of the 1990s.  

Currently, Stone Gossard has been working on a side project Painted Shield with signer-songwriter Mason Jennings.  Their self-titled debut album is now available to listen!

• Options
    Bump!
  • Options

Stone Gossard recently spoke with @matthewpinfield about his entire career in chronological order from #GreenRiver, #TempleoftheDog, #PearlJam, to his latest project #PaintedShield. Check out their entire conversation on 955KLOS.com!

• Options
    :)
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,494
    Finally got a chance to watch. Great interview, thanks for posting. 
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024