Options

Latest song you've learned?

2»

Comments

• Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 996
    A Midnight Oil song called Wedding Cake Island. One of their earliest songs & great to learn some new & difficult chords 
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    edited February 2023
    Judas Priest's You've Got Another Thing Comin. I've always loved that tune and have wanted to learn it for ages, especially using the thumb for the F# in the main riff like Tipton does.
    Post edited by DeLukin on
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Love Minus Zero/No Limit
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,975
    "Maynard's Dick"

Just because. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    Learned "rats" last night, it's really fun to play.  Love those bar chords at the end.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    mcgruff10 said:
    Learned "rats" last night, it's really fun to play.  Love those bar chords at the end.  
    Haven't played that one in a long time. Might need to change that tonight!

Just learned Electioneering by Radiohead a few days ago...fun as hell to play!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    I just can’t get dissident down, the tab I found just doesnt feel right.  Any recommendations?
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    edited February 2023
    mcgruff10 said:
    I just can’t get dissident down, the tab I found just doesnt feel right.  Any recommendations?

Did you get the PJ Anthology?  It has all the official scores thru Lighting Bolt.  It is $75 which is kind of expensive, but it is nice quality.  Check Misc > Books in the shop.  There are a few pages shown to let you know how it looks.
  • Options
    how accurate is the pj anthology?  
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    how accurate is the pj anthology?  
    I think it's pretty accurate, but I don't use it that much. The print is miniscule.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    It is the "official scores" for 130 songs (no Lost Dogs).  I'm assuming 100% accurate, although reading reviews on Amazon some disagree.  It does NOT have guitar solos included (it must be too hard to transcribe something that melts your brain ;))

The font is a little small and the book is big, so I usually take pictures of a song I'm interested in and then use an iPad to read the music or print them out.  At the very least, it looks very nice on a coffee table or as a collectable displayed on a shelf ... basically the price of two posters.
  • Options
    Got the intro to dissident down.  Fun as hell to play. Just learned megalomaniac by incubus.  That s one hell of an intro. 
  • Options
    Learned spin the black circle and save you today.  So much fun to play.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Learned spin the black circle and save you today.  So much fun to play.  
    Yes!! Love ripping into those songs
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    mcgruff10 said:
    Matt over at Let's Play All does a great job breaking down Dissident: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnFiS1jU3Yk
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    Awesome!  Thank you.  :)
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,009
    I remember in high school I had the same trouble with Dissident, never felt or sounded right. Started playin again a few months ago, working on I Got Id. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    I remember in high school I had the same trouble with Dissident, never felt or sounded right. Started playin again a few months ago, working on I Got Id. 
    I Got Id is one of my favorites to play. We used to cover that from time to time with my old band.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,009
    Trying to learn We Built This City (yes, that one) to teach to my boys. Its their favorite song somehow. Since it's their favorite song, hoping it motivates them to practice basic chords.
    A little trickier than I thought it'd be. I'm what I call myself an advanced beginner, but kind of tricky rhythm in some parts and weird chords. Changed the key to use mostly G, D and C chords to keep it basic. Kind of fun so far.