If you could request one song for PJ to play this tour and they would play it, what would it be?

Comments

• jdopjjdopj Posts: 657
    Otherside 
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,498
    jdopj said:
    Otherside 
    👍
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Would love to see them bring back a mostly acoustic encore set like they did during the VFC tour. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,124
    jdopj said:
    Otherside 
    What special city will get to join the ranks of Mountain View, Worcester and Krakow?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • jagerweisjagerweis Los Angeles, CA Posts: 152
    So many but if limited to one I’m going Hunger Strike since the others are more within the realm of possibility of happening! 
  • Daner90Daner90 Posts: 90
    Would love to hear Comes Then Goes. 
  • 1101PJ1101PJ Posts: 14
    1. Hold On
    2. WMA (full version)
    WMA is top of my wishlist. 
    PJ
    2012 Amsterdam 1 & 2
    2014 Amsterdam 1 & 2, Milan, Trieste, Berlin
    2015 Mexico City
    2018 Amsterdam 1 & 2, Pinkpop, Prague, Werchter, London 2
    2022 Oakland 1 & 2, Pinkpop, Berlin, Zurich, London 1 & 2, Budapest, Krakow, Paris, Amsterdam, Camden
    2024 Barcelona 1 & 2, Lisbon, Wrigley 2, Philadelphia 1
    EV
    2017 Amsterdam 1 & 3 
    2019 Amsterdam 1, Firenze Rocks
    SG
    2013 Amsterdam
  • RansomPTDRansomPTD Posts: 297
    Falling Down
    Dock of the Bay(cover)
  • evilutionevilution Posts: 67
    Hummus
  • FlavafrazFlavafraz Posts: 416
    Good call on “saying no” then we can go into falling down then close Ledbetter/ little wing/ maggot brain 
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 654
    Brother, in Phoenix.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    The album Binaural as one long song with no gaps
  • Ghost
  • You Are - in Toronto PLEEEEEEASE!
    ...........and Evelyn ❤️

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    TA243471 said:
    Undone
    Nailed it. I love that song. 
  • MM70435MM70435 Posts: 281
    Down.  I can really, really relate to the lyrics.  I recently went through a very dark period in my life.  It's why I have not been to a show since 2010.  The song is so uplifting to me.  "If hope could grow from dirt like me, it can be done!" fits me perfectly.  I got great floor seats in Vegas and absolutely can't wait!
    00 - Atlanta                                            10 - MSG I&II    
    03 - Birmingham, Atlanta                       22 - L̶a̶s̶ ̶V̶e̶g̶a̶s̶, Camden, Nashville   
    04 - Asheville, Kissimmee                     23 -  Ft Worth II                                                                                
    08 - Tampa, Columbia                           24 -  Philadelphia I&II, Baltimore
    09 - Atlanta I&II (EV)
                    " if hope could grow from dirt like me. It can be done.
  • DissidentRival74DissidentRival74 Six One Five Posts: 150
    Hard to Imagine has been on the top of my list since 2014..
    Others I was hoping to catch in 2020: Red Mosquito (with Mike solos, no harmonicas), Cropduster, You Are, and Down 
    "I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."
  • Glorified G
    I'm listening to Greenville 2016 right now and they really rocked the hell out of that one. This whole show is better than I remember from the last time I listened to it.
  • Sibidy7Sibidy7 Posts: 189
    Fatal
  • MM70435MM70435 Posts: 281
    Hichhiker or Happy When I'm Crying (with the foreign language intro).  I'd go with Happy When I'm Crying since those lucky Brits heard Hitchhiker in Manchester, UK.
    00 - Atlanta                                            10 - MSG I&II    
    03 - Birmingham, Atlanta                       22 - L̶a̶s̶ ̶V̶e̶g̶a̶s̶, Camden, Nashville   
    04 - Asheville, Kissimmee                     23 -  Ft Worth II                                                                                
    08 - Tampa, Columbia                           24 -  Philadelphia I&II, Baltimore
    09 - Atlanta I&II (EV)
                    " if hope could grow from dirt like me. It can be done.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,985
    edited April 2022
    Sibidy7 said:
    Fatal
    they played that at Missoula show I was at. Took me a hot second to figure out what song it was. Then the realization that I was finally hearing it!

Unthought Known into Rival. It just needs to be done (likely never will)
  • RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,610
    Out Of My Mind
    RW8297 said:
    Out Of My Mind
    All of the time 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    The more this thread goes the more i realise  ive seen most of these.  Lucky guy 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• dcp3ydcp3y Posts: 818
    Indifference #1 ISO  (looking at you Nashville, Louisville, and St Louis)!

Honorable mentions:
    Tremor Christ
    Sometimes
    Mankind
    In Hiding
    Nothing As It Seems (more Binaural in general please)
    You Are (more Riot Act in general please)
    Marker In The Sand
    Gonna See My Friend
    Alright
    Retrograde
    Comes Then Goes
    Dirty Frank
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,443
    RW8297 said:
    Out Of My Mind
    Somehow I have actually seen this twice. Certainly wouldn’t mind hearing it again though. 
  • I’ve been listening to boots for decades, but the only show I’ve seen was 2016 in Lexington, KY. They must’ve been feeling it that night because they gave us hillbillies a 3 hour show. They played Education, which I was thrilled to get to hear. They also played 1/2 Full, Smile, and Leaving here. It was a great show. Seeing them again in Nashville this year.
  • DissidentRival74DissidentRival74 Six One Five Posts: 150
    I’ve been listening to boots for decades, but the only show I’ve seen was 2016 in Lexington, KY. They must’ve been feeling it that night because they gave us hillbillies a 3 hour show. They played Education, which I was thrilled to get to hear. They also played 1/2 Full, Smile, and Leaving here. It was a great show. Seeing them again in Nashville this year.
    Was there too, it was my wife's first PJ show.  Biggest surprises for me that night (other than Education) were Satan's Bed and Sonic Reducer! Loved Army Reserve and Swallowed Whole, too...
    "I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,087
    Ole, Runaway, Red Dot, something along those lines...

JK  I haven't heard Of The Girl yet...  I'd like that one.
  • I’ve been listening to boots for decades, but the only show I’ve seen was 2016 in Lexington, KY. They must’ve been feeling it that night because they gave us hillbillies a 3 hour show. They played Education, which I was thrilled to get to hear. They also played 1/2 Full, Smile, and Leaving here. It was a great show. Seeing them again in Nashville this year.
    Was there too, it was my wife's first PJ show.  Biggest surprises for me that night (other than Education) were Satan's Bed and Sonic Reducer! Loved Army Reserve and Swallowed Whole, too...
    It was a great show. Obviously, I don't have the personal experience to compare it to being at other PJ shows, but having wanted to see them for years, it still exceeded any expectations I had going in. I thought they'd play for a couple of hours and then get the heck out of Lexington. But they do seem to be one of those bands like the Grateful Dead who sometimes broke out a huge, inspired performance in small market, middle-America cities.

So I can't compare it to other PJ concert experiences, but that Lexington bootleg holds up very nicely with the others on my shelf. My wife was with me, too. She's not listened to every album or anything, but she really loved Backspacer (way more than I did, though I like it) and she was happy to hear Sirens. I was nervous for her after the Lightning Bolt opener, where they hit that stretch of MYM, Animal, Why Go, Deep, and Satan's Bed. I loved it all, but I was wondering how she was doing with the more intense stuff. But then they hit Elderly Woman, and she was loving it. It was a really great night.