Options

Your Favourite Concert Pictures (yours or others)

12346»

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,709

Looks like a good time!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,132
    edited August 2022

Drive By Truckers at The Caverns in Tennessee last Saturday!
    Post edited by CarryTheZero on
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,783
    What's up with that venue. Looks killer!
  • Options

It’s a cave in Pelham, Tennessee. Not too far from Manchester. It’s way out in a bunch of farms and fields. It was awesome!
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,277
    edited August 2022

It’s a cave in Pelham, Tennessee. Not too far from Manchester. It’s way out in a bunch of farms and fields. It was awesome!
    Is that Cumberland Caverns in McMinnville, TN? Silver Jews played their final show there, I always thought it looked like a cool but crazy place for a gig.
    Post edited by goldrush on
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,001

You ever been to that huge tree house in crossville?
  • Options
    I haven’t been to those. Bet they are cool! This was called The Caverns in Pelham, Tennessee.
  • Options
    Darn that is cool! Add it to my bucket list. That seems fantastic. I went to a ska show in an old meat locker in nyc 'the cooler'. Could still smell the sawdust and blood in my mind's eye anyway.
  • Options
    Wow! A meat locker. That’s awesome. Bet the acoustics were interesting. Lots of weird venues out there! Didn’t Metallica do a one off show on an oil rig once?
  • Options
    Jailhouse too. Hope to never catch one of those.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,861
    Loujoe said:
    Darn that is cool! Add it to my bucket list. That seems fantastic. I went to a ska show in an old meat locker in nyc 'the cooler'. Could still smell the sawdust and blood in my mind's eye anyway.
    I used to manage a small local NYC band, and they played the Cooler several times. It was an interesting venue.

• Options
    Sweet^ so maybe you've been to lion's den, knitting factory, continental, the bank, mercury lounge, danceteria, wetlands, cbgbs, brownies, bat cave. There was a great music scene. Maybe still is. I'm out of it kinda sorta. Would think nothing of working all day, going to a show, working the next day. Now....hmmm. Glad I did it back then.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,861
    Loujoe said:
    Sweet^ so maybe you've been to lion's den, knitting factory, continental, the bank, mercury lounge, danceteria, wetlands, cbgbs, brownies, bat cave. There was a great music scene. Maybe still is. I'm out of it kinda sorta. Would think nothing of working all day, going to a show, working the next day. Now....hmmm. Glad I did it back then.
    Yup. Been to all of those except for Bat Cave. Brownies, Continental, and CBGBs were regular gigs for us. I miss all of them. I still see Trigger (owner of Continental) walking around the neighborhood. Last I spoke to him he was opening an ice cream shop. Do you remember the Spiral, and the Elbow Room. It's sad to think that all of these places except for Mercury Lounge and Knitting Factory are now gone.

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,001
    GlowGirl said:
    Loujoe said:
    Yup. Been to all of those except for Bat Cave. Brownies, Continental, and CBGBs were regular gigs for us. I miss all of them. I still see Trigger (owner of Continental) walking around the neighborhood. Last I spoke to him he was opening an ice cream shop. Do you remember the Spiral, and the Elbow Room. It's sad to think that all of these places except for Mercury Lounge and Knitting Factory are now gone.

ABC no Rio?
  • Options
    Spiral, elbow room, abc no rio. I don't remember. Sad yup. Not sure what the kids are up to these days. 
  • Options
    redrawredraw Posts: 1,275
    edited September 2022

My favourite from PJ20
    Post edited by redraw on
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Options
    WWSWWS Ontario Posts: 457
    From Saturday in Toronto.  
    '93 Toronto, '98 Barrie, '00 Toronto, '03 Buffalo, '05 Hamilton, '06 Toronto 1&2 '09 Toronto, '09 Philly #4, '11 Hamilton, '13 London, '13 Wrigley,    '13 Buffalo, '14 Detroit Rock City,'16 Ottawa, '16 Toronto 1&2, '16 Fenway '18 Wrigley 1&2, '20 Baltimore. '22 Hamilton, '24 Wrigley 1&2