Misleading ticket advantages with Ten Club membership

PamsterdamPamsterdam Posts: 5
edited March 2022 in The Porch
I joined the Ten Club because the website said if I joined I would have priority placement in the queue to purchase tickets and protection from bots.  The face value price of the tickets were advertised at $108.50.  At checkout the price increased to  $380.00. 
The members of Ten Club Discussion forum clearly state the current tour ticket sales through TM are a form of TM scalping the fans.  So why is the Ten Club misleading people to join the club by saying the ticket purchase is protected but in truth it is not? 
Why are the members of Pearl Jam participating with TM in overcharging for tickets? 
Pearl Jam Ten Club lied about the ticket sale purpose and the ticket face value price.  Now the Pearl Jam Ten Club will not allow me to sell the tickets at the price I paid but for the higher price not clearly stated by the Pearl Jam Ten Club. 
Former fans are leaving the Ten Club due to the treatment from the band.  Comments are as rude as usually.  The point is overlooked. 
Pearl Jam has sold out their fan base to gain social popularity in the celebrity media.
This will be my first concert after being a fan for almost 30 years, I just bought my tickets and feel like I got ripped off and the concert probably won't be worth the $1500 I spent on 4 tickets.
If you want 3 of them I will sell them for $1500 cash.
Post edited by Sea on

Comments

• TA243471TA243471 Posts: 1,231
    edited March 2022
    You bought premium tickets. This was Ticketmaster, not 10 club.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2, Missoula
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    edited March 2022
    You are in TicketMaster's world, NOT Ten Club's world.  TicketMaster changes their prices based on demand.  Ten Club tickets are always the price they list.  Your anger is misdirected.
    Oh, and now you're trying to sell your 3 tickets for over the cost you paid?  Good luck with that.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • I bought the only tickets available through joining the Ten Club advantages and the TM link emailed from thus.
    That doesn't mean you didn't buy premium tickets.  They may have been sold out of regular priced tickets, but there were regular priced tickets available when the sale started.
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    If you just joined today, you missed the ticket lottery.  Did I miss something?
  • JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,398
    You a reporter or blog site? You joined after 30 years and these are your first posts?

things that make go hmmmmm
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • My anger is properly placed here in the Ten Club forum where I was misinformed about the ticket purchase process.  The "world" I am participating in is both Ten Club and TM regardless of your reply to my address.
    Which show did you buy tickets for?
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,589
    "Former fans are leaving the Ten Club due to the treatment from the band.  Comments are as rude as usually.  The point is overlooked. 
    Pearl Jam has sold out their fan base to gain social popularity in the celebrity media."

Whuut?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
    My anger is properly placed here in the Ten Club forum where I was misinformed about the ticket purchase process.  The "world" I am participating in is both Ten Club and TM regardless of your reply to my address.
    Nope. There were two sales you could sign up for when the new dates were announced: (1) a Ten Club lottery and (2) Verified Fan sale through TicketMaster. You clearly bought through option (2). You can be angry and disagree if you want, but ten Club did not charge you $1500 for 4 tickets, that’s TicketMaster. 
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Was in the lottery,
    I don't care to join clubs, made a mistake joining this one - you have deepened my philosophy on club mentality
    not out there does not make me go hmm because you went hmm about me not caring what you think about me not being out there
    was the 2nd person in queue at 10am
    I was ripped off, now selling all 4 tickets don't care to be surrounded by Ten Club members
  • KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,106
    I love “to gain social popularity in the celebrity media”. Apparently adding random adjectives is a fun thing to do. 
    edited March 2022
    You couldn't get 4 tickets through the lottery. But, if you did, you would have gotten them a week ago, and you wouldn't have had a chance to checkout.
    Post edited by TA243471 on
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    Was in the lottery,
    I don't care to join clubs, made a mistake joining this one - you have deepened my philosophy on club mentality
    not out there does not make me go hmm because you went hmm about me not caring what you think about me not being out there
    I was ripped off, now selling all 4 tickets don't care to be surrounded by Ten Club members
    This was the lottery:

Only paid members active as of Sunday, March 13 are eligible to participate in this presale. New memberships and membership renewals purchased after March 13 are not considered eligible for this presale.

The presale ticket request window opens today, March 14 at 10am PT and closes Sunday, March 20 at 5pm PT.

• CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,014
    Did you not bother to look at the price before you hit "buy" or "confirm"?
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    edited March 2022
    Was in the lottery,
    FYI, PJ had a fan club lottery that resulted in a huge amount of tickets in the venue going to fan club members.  I was able to get 10C tickets to four shows back in 2020.  That is pretty damn good.  Now, some got shut out for MSG and Baltimore due to demand. It is going to happen and there were no guarantees.

you got unlucky in the lottery.   That sucks, but everything was laid out very clearly how this process would go.

1) Ten Club lottery
    2) TM verified fan
    3) TM verified fan w/PJ premium tix at FMV 

Your anger towards the club is why you are getting pushback. Everything was very clear and there are no guarantees for tickets.  The fan club is much bigger now than 30 years ago.  Gonna be tougher to get tickets.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,291
    This has nothing to do with being in a club.   You made a mistake and bought platinum tickets. And you also saw the price before you pressed buy and put in your credit card.  
  • pistol3pistol3 Posts: 189
    Was in the lottery,
    Be more dramatic.
    VA Beach 8/3/00, Council Bluffs 6/13/03, St. Paul 6/16/03, East Troy 6/21/03, The Gorge 7/22/06, 7/23/06, Chicago 8/23/09, KC 5/3/10, St. Louis 5/4/10, Dublin 6/22/10, Belfast 6/23/10, London 6/25/10, EV Minneapolis 7/2/11, EV Tulsa 11/18/12, Chicago 7/19/13, OKC 11/16/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Pemberton 7/17/16, Missoula 8/13/18, San Diego 5/3/22, Denver 9/22/22, Sacramento 5/13/24, LA 5/21/24
    Was in the lottery,
    There is no queue for Ten Club tickets, it's a lottery.  This was TicketMaster.
    And I have more bad news for you...unless your tickets are for the NY or Denver shows, you can't sell them because they are non-transferable. All you can do is wait for Fan-to-Fan to open and throw them back into the pot and hope someone buys them.

Was in the lottery,
    And I have more bad news for you...unless your tickets are for the NY or Denver shows, you can't sell them because they are non-transferable. All you can do is wait for Fan-to-Fan to open and throw them back into the pot and hope someone buys them.

This entire ticket thing this time around is like people never bought tickets for anything and have no clue how any of this works

reading is fundamental 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,203
    Was in the lottery,
    naked gun comedy GIF
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    JP218404 said:
    Was in the lottery,

This entire ticket thing this time around is like people never bought tickets for anything and have no clue how any of this works

reading is fundamental 
    Yeah. I get that it's complicated, but all the info was there in the original email. Honestly, if you tried for the new shows (other than Camden) and entered the actual 10C lottery, the odds had to be very high. People don't read and then look for anyone to blame. 10C is the easy target.

JP218404 said:
    Was in the lottery,

reading is fundamental 
    Yeah. I get that it's complicated, but all the info was there in the original email. Honestly, if you tried for the new shows (other than Camden) and entered the actual 10C lottery, the odds had to be very high. People don't read and then look for anyone to blame. 10C is the easy target.

10c lottery for any of the already sold out shows was a complete crap shoot. The garden. Forget about it. Everyone who got 10C tix for that know the pain it is. Ya got em. Ya hold ‘em.   I mean I’m think maybe 2-3000 tickets were available for most shows. 

What people also don’t understand that bands are trying to do shorter tours. Shorter the tour less likely they have Covid issues that still do exist. The touring market is a mess.  You have to cancel a show it ain’t easy to get the room back

Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
    JP218404 said:
    JP218404 said:
    Was in the lottery,

reading is fundamental 

10c lottery for any of the already sold out shows was a complete crap shoot. The garden. Forget about it. Everyone who got 10C tix for that know the pain it is. Ya got em. Ya hold ‘em.   I mean I’m think maybe 2-3000 tickets were available for most shows. 

What people also don’t understand that bands are trying to do shorter tours. Shorter the tour less likely they have Covid issues that still do exist. The touring market is a mess.  You have to cancel a show it ain’t easy to get the room back

Agreed.  Honestly, I'd rather deal with F2F than VF.

• ZodZod Posts: 10,502
    Yah I think if people realized verified fan is just the public onsale, but a different way of doing it, it would make more sense.  Maybe TM should rebrand the name... lol.
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,444
    Do people not buy tickets to other acts through ticketmaster? 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    Zod said:
    Yah I think if people realized verified fan is just the public onsale, but a different way of doing it, it would make more sense.  Maybe TM should rebrand the name... lol.
    “The 2000+ club”
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,444
    And why do people only take advantage of the forums AFTER their confusion cost them tix? They obviously have access but only choose to use it to complain rather than get help? It makes no sense…
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    Zod said:
    They want it to feel exclusive.  Creates hype/demand/panic...that's how you sell nosebleeds at full price and good seats at "platinum" prices.

• Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    This is a fantastic thread
This discussion has been closed.