Former Baltimore Ticket Holders

2»

Comments

• OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    edited March 2022
    Presale/priority code would have cost them no money with no complicated logistics. They just didn’t want to do it.
    Post edited by OceansJenny on
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,190
    I’m passing on these shows it’s been a great run of attending shows over the years, I’ll keep my membership active till the End! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    Cool. I would do the exact opposite. I live in NJ so the location improved and the $50 up charge is cheaper than driving and staying in Baltimore. That’s why all of this is just about more options instead of no option which is what they chose
    I do totally understand your sentiment. The issue here is that "more options" just may not have been an option for them.  I'm sure PJ's tour management exhausted every effort to make this as easy as possible on fans. They always do. But it's not just up to them. They're at the mercy of Ticketmaster, the venues, merchandise, hospitality, promoters, brokers, state tax laws, federal credit card compliance laws, and such.  I can tell you from working with AR data for 20 years, it's much easier to refund a customer in full and have them re-order a new product than it is to just charge the difference if something is out of stock, on backorder, whatever the case may be.  Keeps our company's general ledger clean.  Auditing is both a huge industry nowadays and a huge pain in the ass for any corporation being audited. When big money is involved, it's so much easier to keep things simple than to complicate them on the business end.

It’s as simple as offering a voluntary priority number/ code to purchase tickets at 2022 face value to a show that could have been scheduled at any arena within a reasonable radius of Baltimore. Yet again, this band can’t figure out the simple stuff.
  • CrewCrew Posts: 299
    JimmyV said:
    Losing our Baltimore show sucked, but there is nothing they could have done at a Wednesday night show in Camden, NJ that would have made up for it

This.  1000x.

Trading:
    Saturday evening show
    Pretty central on the east coast
    At the end of a school year (plenty of fans are teachers)
    Intimate venue

For this:
    A mid-week show,
    200+ miles away
    In the beginning weeks of a new school year
    A garbage venue

Seems like a perfect trade, right?  It just sucks no matter how you cut it.  

If it was actually in Philly proper, or Virginia Beach, it'd be much more palatable... even if they recognized the Baltimore ticketholders and said "we have ideas how to do right by you; stick with us for details" - it might have flown.. but Raleigh will chime in to say that just isn't gonna happen.

Extremely disappointed with how this entire tour has been handled.  Holding everyone's money for 2+ years to get something so seemingly rushed and messy isn't endearing, especially with the Earthlings sliding their tour in first, easy peasy, and PJ fans only yesterday getting some news.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,936
    Losing the Baltimore show sucks. But keep in mind the band didn’t cancel.  The arena closed.  

Also… It’s actually only an 1 and 45 minute ride from the Baltimore arena to the Camden shed.  I’m in central NJ and that’s only a half hour longer a drive than I have from my house here. 

Not trying to stop you from venting.  Just don’t want to see people skip a show that might be closer than you think and regret it later.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    on2legs said:
    Losing the Baltimore show sucks. But keep in mind the band didn’t cancel.  The arena closed.  

Also… It’s actually only an 1 and 45 minute ride from the Baltimore arena to the Camden shed.  I’m in central NJ and that’s only a half hour longer a drive than I have from my house here. 

Not trying to stop you from venting.  Just don’t want to see people skip a show that might be closer than you think and regret it later.  

I think part of the issue with the drive is that a lot of DC/Northern Virginia people were going, and that can tack on an hour or more to the drive, with DC traffic, on a Wednesday. I don't think this was ever intended as any sort of replacement for Baltimore. I would guess that this show was either already penciled in before they found out about Royal Farms, or it was added when nothing else in the DC area worked out.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • CrewCrew Posts: 299
    on2legs said:

I'm in Virginia, so NJ basically doubles my travel time.  That particular venue isn't worth the trip, IMO.

You are correct that the band didn't cancel - but they also knew in the middle of LAST summer that the venue was to be undergoing renovations, and somehow weren't able to lock down a similar DC-area venue for one night in a year's time.  That doesn't seem possible, IMO.  
    I’ve done the round trip from bmore/DC to Camden for shows. I consider it in the vicinity.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,842
    edited March 2022
    Crew said:
    on2legs said:

I'm in Virginia, so NJ basically doubles my travel time.  That particular venue isn't worth the trip, IMO.

You are correct that the band didn't cancel - but they also knew in the middle of LAST summer that the venue was to be undergoing renovations, and somehow weren't able to lock down a similar DC-area venue for one night in a year's time.  That doesn't seem possible, IMO.  
    I get what your saying but if the past is any indication, I would say if it was between transferring your tickets to Camden or, what will likely happen, Baltimore ticket holders will get nothing ever, then I go with the Camden offer. It would have worked for some, not others but it’s something. 
    If I knew 100% they would reschedule a show in Balt/DC and take care of us, then yeah Camden isn’t too appealing for you. But reality is, we were refunded and it’s over. 

It took how long to get these dates rescheduled? Someone really think they that are rescheduling Balt/DC soon? 2023-2024? These are the dates, they’ll run them out, and then take a break again for who knows how long. 

For a fan club where communication has consistently failed (I’m being kind here), people still have no problem giving slack. Just saying they could have made it into something now instead of the mythical future “we’ll take care of you”. 

Post edited by pledgeagrievance on
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,936
    Crew said:
    on2legs said:

Coming from Virginia is a significant distance - so I get it’s not a quick trip anymore.  And I also agree that Camden is not a tourist destination.  The shed itself is actually fine and the view of the Philly skyline across the river is pretty scenic.  

My fingers are crossed for a Camden Yards show in late August.   
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    Crew said:
    on2legs said:

I get what your saying but if the past is any indication, I would say if it was between transferring your tickets to Camden or, what will likely happen, Baltimore ticket holders will get nothing ever, then I go with the Camden offer. It would have worked for some, not others but it’s something. 
    If I knew 100% they would reschedule a show in Balt/DC and take care of us, then yeah Camden isn’t too appealing for you. But reality is, we were refunded and it’s over. 

It took how long to get these dates rescheduled? Someone really think they that are rescheduling Balt/DC soon? 2023-2024? These are the dates, they’ll run them out, and then take a break again for who knows how long. 

For a fan club where communication has consistently failed (I’m being kind here), people still have no problem giving slack. Just saying they could have made it into something now instead of the mythical future “we’ll take care of you”. 

I mean, given how they handled Raleigh, I can totally see your point. It wouldn't have been great for many, but it would have been at least acceptable for some, which is better than what we're going to get, which is nothing for everyone.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Presale/priority code would have cost them no money with no complicated logistics. They just didn’t want to do it.
    Absolutely, and also agree that Camden is "in the vicinity" for those of us in the Baltimore/DC area...but it's such a shitty venue and its on a Wednesday, which makes it really challenging if you don't live in the area. The added layer is that the Balto show was to be the first anywhere in the region since 2013. So now we're going on a decade without a single PJ show anywhere in or around DC and Baltimore. It sucks. But maybe I'll get to go to Nashville instead, silver lining
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    Cool. I would do the exact opposite. I live in NJ so the location improved and the $50 up charge is cheaper than driving and staying in Baltimore. That’s why all of this is just about more options instead of no option which is what they chose
    I do totally understand your sentiment. The issue here is that "more options" just may not have been an option for them.  I'm sure PJ's tour management exhausted every effort to make this as easy as possible on fans. They always do. But it's not just up to them. They're at the mercy of Ticketmaster, the venues, merchandise, hospitality, promoters, brokers, state tax laws, federal credit card compliance laws, and such.  I can tell you from working with AR data for 20 years, it's much easier to refund a customer in full and have them re-order a new product than it is to just charge the difference if something is out of stock, on backorder, whatever the case may be.  Keeps our company's general ledger clean.  Auditing is both a huge industry nowadays and a huge pain in the ass for any corporation being audited. When big money is involved, it's so much easier to keep things simple than to complicate them on the business end.

It’s as simple as offering a voluntary priority number/ code to purchase tickets at 2022 face value to a show that could have been scheduled at any arena within a reasonable radius of Baltimore. Yet again, this band can’t figure out the simple stuff.
    But is it really as simple as that? Perhaps that wasn't an option presented to them, or perhaps they proposed something of the sort and were denied.  We don't know. Yet again, it's not all just up to Pearl Jam to figure these things out.

I get the frustrations, I had Baltimore tickets, too. And I'm not trying to "police" what anyone is saying here, good grief. Just trying to offer some explanations as to why they didn't/couldn't do these things.   It's fine being frustrated and disappointed, I get it.  I am, too.

These are all simple solutions to us, sure. But about 19 different parties have to all come to an agreement on something. It's not just whatever Pearl Jam tells everyone else involved goes. That's all I'm trying to say.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,125
    I don't agree with the comments that anything would have been simple. Every suggestion would require TM to agree, which would have almost certainly required some concession somewhere else for the band. We don't know that it would have been simple and we don't know that it would have cost them nothing. And I say this as someone who had his first ever pair of GA tickets disappear with the cancellation.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:
    I don't agree with the comments that anything would have been simple. Every suggestion would require TM to agree, which would have almost certainly required some concession somewhere else for the band. We don't know that it would have been simple and we don't know that it would have cost them nothing. And I say this as someone who had his first ever pair of GA tickets disappear with the cancellation.
    I hear you but I’m trying to wrap my head around why the biggest show on Broadway (Hamilton) gave ticket holders who got canceled on a priority code to repurchase tickets (good seats I might add) when they reopened if it cost them something. They would have sold all their tickets regardless. Maybe they invested in fan goodwill - something PJ management seems less interested in these days.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    JimmyV said:

They have five off days plus the Camden show to find any arena from south Jersey to Nor VA or even added time logistically before they depart their east coast stay. I get it the real world is complicated, but finding any arena within a two hour drive seems possible. If the chore were to find an arena within a 30 minute drive of balt yes that is impossible.

I think this may hint they likely aren’t coming back to the eastern US for awhile after this bc the new balt arena is opening only a few mos after these dates, oh well. Sorry about your GA tix.