Former Baltimore Ticket Holders

Hey- do former Baltimore ticket holders get first dibs on the Camden, NJ tickets?

Comments

• stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008

BALTIMORE SHOW CANCELLATION 

NEWS FEBRUARY 7 2022
    •  
    •  

We are disappointed to share that we have had to cancel the previously postponed Baltimore, MD show. The building is closing for upcoming renovations and is unable to reschedule a new date. We cannot announce any new ticketing options at this time but hope to be able to take care of fans impacted by this cancellation in the future. 

• Nope. 
    Good luck in the new lottery 
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,342
    stickman said:

NEWS FEBRUARY 7 2022
    •  
    •  

We are disappointed to share that we have had to cancel the previously postponed Baltimore, MD show. The building is closing for upcoming renovations and is unable to reschedule a new date. We cannot announce any new ticketing options at this time but hope to be able to take care of fans impacted by this cancellation in the future. 

You all will get exactly what all the fans with Raleigh tickets got. :smile:
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    stickman said:

NEWS FEBRUARY 7 2022
    •  
    •  

You all will get exactly what all the fans with Raleigh tickets got. :smile:
    I had tickets to both.  Still waiting!!
  • pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,842
    edited March 2022
    To be fair there was no show upcoming to move your tickets option to for Raleigh. For Balt, why announce a cancellation? Today they could have made an announcement that “Balt ticket holders have been moved to Camden. If you can no longer attend due to the location change, please see Refund instructions.”. 
    That isn’t crazy to me since they are dealing with their fan club members and not the general public
    Post edited by pledgeagrievance on
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,092
    To be fair there was no show upcoming to move your tickets option to for Raleigh. For Balt, why announce a cancellation? Today they could have made an announcement that “Balt ticket holders have been moved to Camden. If you can I longer attend due to the location change, please see Refund instructions.”. 
    That isn’t crazy to me since they are dealing with their fan club members and not the general public
    They'll be charging more money now, that's why.
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    To be fair there was no show upcoming to move your tickets option to for Raleigh. For Balt, why announce a cancellation? Today they could have made an announcement that “Balt ticket holders have been moved to Camden. If you can no longer attend due to the location change, please see Refund instructions.”. 
    It’s a different venue with completely different seating. But they could have allowed Balt fans first crack at Camden tickets via presale code if they wanted, which they didn’t care to do.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • To be fair there was no show upcoming to move your tickets option to for Raleigh. For Balt, why announce a cancellation? Today they could have made an announcement that “Balt ticket holders have been moved to Camden. If you can no longer attend due to the location change, please see Refund instructions.”. 
    It’s a different venue with completely different seating. But they could have allowed Balt fans first crack at Camden tickets via presale code if they wanted, which they didn’t care to do.
    Yes I get that we wouldn’t get the exact same seats, but to go down the line with seniority wouldn’t b a monumental task. 
    Not even being guaranteed tickets, but just getting first crack would have been nice, like you suggested. 
  • rictus58rictus58 Posts: 53
    They couldn't even throw Baltimore a bone and host a concert at Merriweather.  
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,092
    I had GA for Baltimore too...  This sucks...
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,144
    I had a great seat but I’ve made my peace. The only one I could have gone was if it was rescheduled for a Saturday. 
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    edited March 2022
    Yes I get that we wouldn’t get the exact same seats, but to go down the line with seniority wouldn’t b a monumental task. 
    Not even being guaranteed tickets, but just getting first crack would have been nice, like you suggested. 

How does that work if you got seats through the general sale or F2F?

EDIT: Or GA? Isn't Camden an amphitheater? Would they get moved to the lawn?
    Post edited by mpedone on
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    Hey they hope to take care of us. Hope from PJ gotta be bankable, right??
  • JamesNJamesN Posts: 191
    edited March 2022
    Got my refund so long ago, couldn't say when...
    However, plans change now from 1 Baltimore show to maybe a long 3x road trip from Nashville-St. Louis-Oklahoma City!!! Almost always works out in the end (C'mon Lottery!!) 😂
    Post edited by JamesN on
    Wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well...
  • mpedone said:

It’s all hypothetical. But I’ll bite. There is a GA in Camden so it can start there. Any over flow GA  would get closer seats and then start reserved people after that. Not perfect but at least it’s something and I think people would take that over no tickets. Don’t like where you’ve been moved to? Refund always an option. 
    mpedone said:

It’s all hypothetical. But I’ll bite. There is a GA in Camden so it can start there. Any over flow GA  would get closer seats and then start reserved people after that. Not perfect but at least it’s something and I think people would take that over no tickets. Don’t like where you’ve been moved to? Refund always an option. 

Ah, I didn't realize there was a pit at that venue. I guess that could have worked.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    Just wild guesses here but might have something to do with it being two different states, different taxation laws, and other red tape things like that. Plus the difference in price.
    edited March 2022
    Just wild guesses here but might have something to do with it being two different states, different taxation laws, and other red tape things like that. Plus the difference in price.
    The price thing could be taken care of as well. In the announcement not only announcing location change if it said something like a $50 fee is attached to your tickets due to the location change or whatever they want to make up. 
     I’m sure most of us would write it off as the cost of doing business. And again, don’t like it? Refund available. 
    The price thing could be taken care of as well. In the announcement not only announcing location change if it said something like a $50 fee is attached to your tickets due to the location change or whatever they want to make up. 
     I’m sure most of us would write it off as the cost of doing business. And again, don’t like it? Refund available. 

If my options were my tickets accepted at a show in Jersey with a $50 upcharge or a refund, I'm glad Pearl Jam saved me the step and just refunded outright.

edited March 2022
    Cool. I would do the exact opposite. I live in NJ so the location improved and the $50 up charge is cheaper than driving and staying in Baltimore. That’s why all of this is just about more options instead of no option which is what they chose
    Post edited by pledgeagrievance on
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    edited March 2022
    Cool. I would do the exact opposite. I live in NJ so the location improved and the $50 up charge is cheaper than driving and staying in Baltimore. That’s why all of this is just about more options instead of no option which is what they chose
    I do totally understand your sentiment. The issue here is that "more options" just may not have been an option for them.  I'm sure PJ's tour management exhausted every effort to make this as easy as possible on fans. They always do. But it's not just up to them. They're at the mercy of Ticketmaster, the venues, merchandise, hospitality, promoters, brokers, state tax laws, federal credit card compliance laws, and such.  I can tell you from working with AR data for 20 years, it's much easier to refund a customer in full and have them re-order a new product than it is to just charge the difference if something is out of stock, on backorder, whatever the case may be.  Keeps our company's general ledger clean.  Auditing is both a huge industry nowadays and a huge pain in the ass for any corporation being audited. When big money is involved, it's so much easier to keep things simple than to complicate them on the business end.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,190
    It is what it is! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • It is what it is! 
    Spoken like a true ten clubber 
    it indeed is what it is but I can be unsatisfied if that’s ok. I know there are a lot of police around here and was just waiting for the comments to come in. I’m sure more of the usual suspects will be chiming in shortly as well 
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,112
    edited March 2022
    Having a hard time with this. So many venues in DC / VA Beach area. Camden, no thanks.

Post edited by bobasfeet on

I get that, I think this would just feel half-assed, as I'm guessing this was a show targeted before the Baltimore cancellation. So, it would feel like they half-assed Camden, and half-assed Baltimore, and as a wise man once said, "Never half-ass two things. Whole-ass one thing."

Jokes aside, it's great that it would work for you, living in that area, but it wouldn't be great for folks in the Baltimore/DC area, who now have to spend an additional $50 plus travel costs. Maybe it's the "best" option, but that doesn't mean it's particularly good.

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,190
    It is what it is! 
    Spoken like a true ten clubber 
    it indeed is what it is but I can be unsatisfied if that’s ok. I know there are a lot of police around here and was just waiting for the comments to come in. I’m sure more of the usual suspects will be chiming in shortly as well 
    I totally understand your grievance! I choose to not let it bother me, I had tickets to Baltimore too.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mpedone said:

I get that, I think this would just feel half-assed, as I'm guessing this was a show targeted before the Baltimore cancellation. So, it would feel like they half-assed Camden, and half-assed Baltimore, and as a wise man once said, "Never half-ass two things. Whole-ass one thing."

Jokes aside, it's great that it would work for you, living in that area, but it wouldn't be great for folks in the Baltimore/DC area, who now have to spend an additional $50 plus travel costs. Maybe it's the "best" option, but that doesn't mean it's particularly good.
    Good point. 
  • MyBitterHands76MyBitterHands76 Posts: 346
    edited March 2022
    I think more dates will follow down the road. 
    Post edited by MyBitterHands76 on
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,936
    Perhaps we get a late august run of ball park shows with Camden yards included.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,125
    Losing our Baltimore show sucked, but there is nothing they could have done at a Wednesday night show in Camden, NJ that would have made up for it. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."