Pick matteing/mounting help

Do you all use double sided tape when framing picks with your posters? Will that hurt the taped side of the picks in the long run? 

Any other mounting ideas would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Comments

• elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,114
    omg no. hell no. do not use any tape when matting picks.
    you can use these little photo triangle tab things from Michaels. Let me look for a link

• elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,114
    something similar to this where the picks stand in the corners (turn them upside down)
    https://www.michaels.com/canson-self-adhesive-photo-corners/M20005267.html

• DD123593DD123593 Posts: 29
    Ok thanks. I was really uncomfortable with the specter of using tape on them. 

I bought some of those white and clear plastic things for coins but they’ll take up too much room in the frame with those. 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 9,032
    Picture when the job is done. Love some pick shots. Thx
    Will do. It’ll be a bit. Getting my poster authenticated tomorrow and we’ll go from there. 
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    Photo corners

The mat should cover a little of each side if doing a window mat (only the outside border and it goes over the print) and that helps keep it flush along with photo corners

If mounting it just to the board or a float mount,  where it is the print basically on a board and that is it, photo corners will suffice if under glass.  Keep in mind the print may then touch the glass, which could be a problem in high humidity settings, or with cheapr glass.  I have had no problems with a screen print touching glass over time, but digital prints can get stuck to the glass.  

Use acid free boards/ mats so they do not transfer paper acids to your print causing yellowing
    edited March 2022
    I posted this on the framed posters thread but figured I’d put it here too  :) 
  • DamiensDamiens Posts: 771
    Wow!! Great framing job, I was at that show.  Such a great night, love the framing on this...amazing!!
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,242
    Dang, so I need to get the tape off my MMC pick from the Binaural tour I have with the setlist. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    DD123593 said:
    Do you all use double sided tape when framing picks with your posters? Will that hurt the taped side of the picks in the long run? 

Any other mounting ideas would be appreciated. Thanks. 
    Speaking as an artist and printmaker, adhesives can and do melt plastic. So glad you came here to ask! 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1