Ballpark or Arena?

2»

Comments

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,313
    Arena
    Arena. Not even close. I’d like to never go to a ballpark again for a concert 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,406
    Arena
    Arenas, please.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    Arena
    Not even close
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    Arena
    I can’t believe this is even up for a vote lol
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,465
    Arena
    ballparks absolutely suck unless you are in GA and even then they suck
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,430
    Arena
    The show experience is far better at an arena show. This band's music was meant to be played in arenas. The benefit of the ballpark shows is that they can accommodate more ticket requests, which makes it much easier to get a ticket in bigger markets.

(Sad that I have to say this too but the nice thing about arena shows is that you get 1 city specific poster and 1 city specific shirt as opposed to 4-6 different things for ballpark shows. Keeps the merch bill a LOT lower.)
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,392
    Arena
    ballparks absolutely suck unless you are in GA and even then they suck
    Agreed.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,408
    Ballpark
    PJinIL said:
    I went ballpark.  Arena shows get SO loud it is uncomfortable, even with hearing protection. An  even sound is much harder to achieve indoors, where an outdoor venue will likely offer better sound across the board. Not saying the sound is better outdoors, just have a better chance at getting bad sound in some locations indoors because that's how sound works. Sound in Cincy 2013 was horrible in my section, walked the aisle a couple sections and it sounded great. Nature of the beast.

A third choice, Amphitheater, would be my actual vote. Closer reserved seats available, yet outdoors.

I dig the arena offers reserved seats closer than a ballpark, so that's a win for many. Reserved seats on the field at Wrigley were probably farther away than a decent side seat at an arena, so by the odds I would have a better view in an arena.

But, if I have choice of seat in venue, I'm going with ballpark.
    Agreed.... Amphitheatre is ideal
  • FlavafrazFlavafraz Posts: 416
    Arena
    I enjoy a ballpark once in a while but arena hands down