Options

Just When You thought Things Couldn't Get Worse in Texas

2»

Comments

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013
    Some people are okay with misinformation as long as they wish it were true.
    It should matter that the topic of this thread started with 2 lies. Even if you disagree with what the bill actually says. It still matters to not drastically expand on what the bill says.
    It matters because a discussion is pointless, if not impossible, if we can’t acknowledge the facts out in front of us. To dismiss pointing out blatant misinformation as irrelevant and continue to defend false statements doesn’t lead to anything.
    Someone like me could actually benefit from a real discussion. I’m not well read on this topic, I don’t know what the harm and benefits are for different procedures at different ages. I don’t know how many, trans kids have suffered emotionally because they didn’t get the right treatment or how many, if any, suffered because they got treatment too early before the were mentally developed. There are so many things about this topic that I don’t know and would appreciate an actual conversation. But I can tell you I don’t care to have it here now because it s clear not many care about a genuine conversation. Good job, but how exactly did the trans kids benefit from that?
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited March 2022
    mace1229 said:
    It should matter that the topic of this thread started with 2 lies. Even if you disagree with what the bill actually says. It still matters to not drastically expand on what the bill says.
    It matters because a discussion is pointless, if not impossible, if we can’t acknowledge the facts out in front of us. To dismiss pointing out blatant misinformation as irrelevant and continue to defend false statements doesn’t lead to anything.
    Someone like me could actually benefit from a real discussion. I’m not well read on this topic, I don’t know what the harm and benefits are for different procedures at different ages. I don’t know how many, trans kids have suffered emotionally because they didn’t get the right treatment or how many, if any, suffered because they got treatment too early before the were mentally developed. There are so many things about this topic that I don’t know and would appreciate an actual conversation. But I can tell you I don’t care to have it here now because it s clear not many care about a genuine conversation. Good job, but how exactly did the trans kids benefit from that?
    Manage your expectations for genuine responses. I was asked for my opinion on this, but got no feedback whatsoever for my response…so why bother?  I think “some” people just want someone to take their aggression out on, instead of having an actual discussion.
    I agree with you, though.  If you are trying to spread awareness, do not make false accusations.  It undermines the whole cause in my opinion.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,547
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    the larger point is trans people are being targeted by the state government. focus should be there instead of a headline or whatever the fucking irrelevant point you make.
    More to the point it's trans kids and their families being targeted. 
    This is just more fear, hate, and ignorance.
    And anyone who tries to excuse any of it is complicit.
    You don’t think it is also a fear tactic to have a tweet that says ALL trans families will be investigators and prosecuted? And says teachers are required to report ALL trans children? And then later encourages trans people to leave Texas. Spreading that misinformation is as much of a fear traffic as anything I’ve seen.
    Of course it's a fear tactic. Just like the ridiculous abortion law in Texas. The politicians want to sow fear to get what they want.....votes and dollars.

Fear or not it it wrong
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,401
    mace1229 said:
    There’s soooo much information out there regarding new state laws (like those in Texas) that are causing a significant increase in teen suicide.  Teen suicide was at its highest when FF was in office.  Then it got better and then along comes Texas and other states with increased suicides because of their new laws. 

There’s really no need to discuss anything with anyone who supports these new laws.  Transgender decisions are for parents and their children to discuss with their physicians and make decisions.  How dare any individual, especially a bunch of scum bag politicians, make any law or decisions regarding this subject.  This is just another way for the whites to take back “their” country.  

Why don’t you answer this, why are you people so hell bent on throwing us backwards regarding peoples rights?  Why is it that only people like you deserve to live their lives the way you and yours think it should be lived?  You all want to fight for the right to spread a disease by not being vaccinated but fuck the rest of us and our choices, right?

Take yourself to a child’s clinic or hospital that deals with transgender youth and find out your information directly from them, if you can handle it.  I think we’re all sick and tired of playing games with people like you thinking you have the right to judge anyone.  

And finally, how dare you talk about telling lies.  Didn’t you vote (probably both times) for the biggest liar in American history?  How can anyone have a serious conversation with you when you’re clearly on the side of white supremacy? 

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,787
    mace1229 said:
    There’s soooo much information out there regarding new state laws (like those in Texas) that are causing a significant increase in teen suicide.  Teen suicide was at its highest when FF was in office.  Then it got better and then along comes Texas and other states with increased suicides because of their new laws. 

There’s really no need to discuss anything with anyone who supports these new laws.  Transgender decisions are for parents and their children to discuss with their physicians and make decisions.  How dare any individual, especially a bunch of scum bag politicians, make any law or decisions regarding this subject.  This is just another way for the whites to take back “their” country.  

Why don’t you answer this, why are you people so hell bent on throwing us backwards regarding peoples rights?  Why is it that only people like you deserve to live their lives the way you and yours think it should be lived?  You all want to fight for the right to spread a disease by not being vaccinated but fuck the rest of us and our choices, right?

Take yourself to a child’s clinic or hospital that deals with transgender youth and find out your information directly from them, if you can handle it.  I think we’re all sick and tired of playing games with people like you thinking you have the right to judge anyone.  

And finally, how dare you talk about telling lies.  Didn’t you vote (probably both times) for the biggest liar in American history?  How can anyone have a serious conversation with you when you’re clearly on the side of white supremacy? 

Wow. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    mace1229 said:

Wow. 
    Now you know how we all feel about you, others on here and 1/2 the country supporting FF….WOW 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    mace1229 said:

Wow. 
    Now you know how we all feel about you, others on here and 1/2 the country supporting FF….WOW 
    Accusing me. You don’t know anything about me. You have no idea who I voted for. 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    mace1229 said:

Your attack on mace seems a little harsh and directly against posting guidelines here…..
    As to the bolded, here are actual guidelines for the medical community on the subject:
    https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/102/11/3869/4157558?login=false

I do agree with you that politicians should keep their noses out of the situation and laws should not be created unless certain treatments are deemed/proven unsafe by the medical community.  Also, treatments should not be backed by lawmakers and politicians unless proven safe.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

Please show me any post where I was against masks or vaccines.
    Please show me any post where I was against people’s rights. I simply pointed out the information given was false and said let’s have a conversation starting with the facts.
    Actually, I don’t care if you do. I don’t care to respond to someone who is clearly irrational and jumps to so many conclusions about things I’ve never said and calls me a white supremicist simply for pointing out false information.

• Options
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

Your attack on mace seems a little harsh and directly against posting guidelines here…..
    As to the bolded, here are actual guidelines for the medical community on the subject:

Extremely harsh and very accusatory. Nothing new though.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

Thanks, but I don’t mind. This thread is just showing how many people are actually okay with misinformation as long as it makes a red state look bad. To get that angry because I pointed out false information posted is very telling.
    And I didn’t even comment further. Just said let’s have a discussion starting with facts and it’s clear who isn’t for that.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

Thanks, but I don’t mind. This thread is just showing how many people are actually okay with misinformation as long as it makes a red state look bad. To get that angry because I pointed out false information posted is very telling.
    And I didn’t even comment further. Just said let’s have a discussion starting with facts and it’s clear who isn’t for that.
    You people just love twisting it and avoiding the questions I asked you.  You started by saying we don’t want the facts?  That’s laughable considering who you’ve supported.  

Bottom line for all who responded to my disgust (not anger) is don’t fuck with kids.  

• Options
    edited March 2022
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

You people just love twisting it and avoiding the questions I asked you.  You started by saying we don’t want the facts?  That’s laughable considering who you’ve supported.  

Bottom line for all who responded to my disgust (not anger) is don’t fuck with kids.  

Anyone who gets that unhinged because I pointed out a post was false, doesn’t want the facts. How else can you explain it?
    I didn’t defend anything Texas did. I didn’t say anything negative about the trans community. I simply said that the claim that all trans families will be investigated and prosecuted is false. That teachers will have to report all trans students is false. And you went unhinged and called me a Nazi for just pointing out a false claim. That’s all I did, didn’t comment and say Texas is doing the right thing.
    So who really isn’t for the facts and furthering a discussion and promoting positive change?
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

“You People”…very telling
    https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/you_people
  • Options
    You can call names and post annoying graphics. But everyone who doesn’t want to acknowledge the facts, who’f rather call names and put people down because they are seeking truth and a genuine conversation are putting your own self interests of promoting your self-righteousness over actually creating a positive environment.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    <insert cool Batman BAM graphic>
  • Options
    Have a great day everyone. This thread has lost any reason to visit. It Should be closed when we don’t care about posting what is and isn’t true. I’d rather spend my time checking updates with Europe and checking in on the Wordle thread.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

You people. Lol. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Have a great day everyone. This thread has lost any reason to visit. It Should be closed when we don’t care about posting what is and isn’t true. I’d rather spend my time checking updates with Europe and checking in on the Wordle thread.

PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:
    You can call names and post annoying graphics. But everyone who doesn’t want to acknowledge the facts, who’f rather call names and put people down because they are seeking truth and a genuine conversation are putting your own self interests of promoting your self-righteousness over actually creating a positive environmentymace1229 said:
    Have a great day everyone. This I thread has lost any reason to visit. It Should be closed when we don’t care about posting what is and isn’t true. I’d rather spend my time checking updates with Europe and checking in on the Wordle thread.
    If that’s the case then all postings regarding trump should be closed since you care soooooo much about the truth. In fact let’s just pretend like his presidency never happened.  “You people”, which is very telling, forget about all the things you’ve written in the past and some of us can remember everything.  Lie, deny, disengage……it’s always the same and it’s old and boring. When you get called on the carpet you walk away from the “real” conversations because inside you know you’re wrong for supporting a POS like Trump.  
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,609
    edited March 2022
    mace1229 said:
    But is it really misinformation? Granted, the directive doesn’t say “all” but doesn’t it have the potential to impact “all?” Not all speeders are pulled over and issued tickets and some speeders are more susceptible to being pulled over and issued tickets based on race and gender.

This directive has the potential to make every teacher, medical care provider, etc. to report “all” transgendered youth, whether actual abuse is happening. So while it doesn’t say “all” the impact is the same.

Kid goes to a teacher after class and speaks to them about being trans and is considering or wanting to know more about the process/how it happens, time frames, etc. or just wants to express who they are. Teacher is a religious nut outside the classroom and reports the kid. Teacher fears losing their job and is in fear of potential criminal prosecution if someone else reports the kid and an investigator determines the kid spoke to the teacher. Replace teacher with doctor, state agency employee, clergy member or neighbor.

Your neighbor of your transgendered kid is a religious nut and doesn’t like your daughter’s green hair and dressing like a boy. Decided to report you for “abusing” your child. Whether true or not, and in the absence of facts, upon report, an investigation is initiated or conducted.

Its a Stalinesque tactic coming from a party that claims the mantel of individual rights. And it’s disgusting.

”How many genders does Russia have?”
    Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    The last time a bunch of white men told little boys what to do and who to respect  a bunch of priests raped those boys.  Now a bunch of white republicans are up to their bullshit again.  Yippee for the new age republicans!  
  • Options
    Apologies about “you people”….change to “you asshole republicans”. Hope you’re all proud of yourselves going after children .  
  • Options
    Apologies about “you people”….change to “you asshole republicans”. Hope you’re all proud of yourselves going after children .  
    Unfortunately posts like this will either get deleted or you get put in time out or both.
    My reason for starting this thread was to let people know that once again the politicians who run Texas were infringing on people and their rights.
    Women
    Kids
    Families
    LGBTQ
    Immigrants
    The list goes on and on.
    It's a very sad state of affairs.
    Even sadder that there are people who support it 
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,609
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

Anyone who gets that unhinged because I pointed out a post was false, doesn’t want the facts. How else can you explain it?
    I didn’t defend anything Texas did. I didn’t say anything negative about the trans community. I simply said that the claim that all trans families will be investigated and prosecuted is false. That teachers will have to report all trans students is false. And you went unhinged and called me a Nazi for just pointing out a false claim. That’s all I did, didn’t comment and say Texas is doing the right thing.
    So who really isn’t for the facts and furthering a discussion and promoting positive change?
    But is it really false? That's the beauty of the Tejas directive, it doesn't have to explicitly state, "all." There's enough in there to have the desired effect and the average person to go, "hmmm, no big deal, very small minority impacted, why should I care?"

The repubs are taking pages out of putin's playbook and we know the desire is, "if you don't like it, leave." With voting rights, transgender, abortion rights, etc. The message is the same, 'we're a white Christian nation and you don't belong here."

Shouldn't laws be considered by the facts? If so, how many transgendered youth were being "abused" in Tejas prior to the directive? What mechanisms are in place to keep track to assess the directive's effectiveness? Wouldn't want facts to get in the way of the "reason" behind it.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

You do this all the time..you didn’t do this, you didn’t say that…..you don’t have to say it directly for people to not see where you stand and I never called you a nazi and I don’t appreciate being called unhinged.  I don’t like kid’s getting messed with.  If the suicide rate goes up again then their blood is on lawmakers hands.  
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Closed for review.
    Please note: Lately, some are choosing to "go off" on other members. It's not acceptable here and has consequences. If you're losing your temper over any posts, do not reply and hit submit. EVER.
    Admin
    Falling down,...not staying down
This discussion has been closed.