Options

Vienna Austria - Dilemma/Help?

Hi Everyone, 

Long time "lurker" I guess, to be short and to the point wife and I bought our tix to the Austria show (back in 2020) and have just put whole trip in a "hold" mode until the show was permitted to go on. 

Now it looks like 2022 is the year! However here is the question/ dilemma: In downloading the tickets, the event on the ticket still shows 2021 date which is a little worrisome. The Stadhalle website confirms 7/20/2022 PJ is happening so that's reassuring, but my question is: Is this still a huge risk booking hotels or is it pretty much a done deal that this is going to happen on 7/20/2022?

Is it safe to say that this show IS happening on 7/20 and therefore should we now go ahead and pull trigger on booking hotels in Vienna etc.? There is a zero-refund policy in Europe it seems (every hotel has the same policy and I have looked at a TON of hotels) - so just trying to get a feel on this. 

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Ms0331Ms0331 United States Posts: 81
    I just booked IntercityHotel Wien through Expedia last weekend and they have a refund policy. I had to pay about an extra $15 for the refund option though. Did you try booking through Expedia?
  • Options
    LizJLizJ Posts: 338
    If you book with e.g booking.com you should be able to cancel your reservation without having to pay anything. Just have a look at the booking.com-app. Most hotels offer free cancellation until the day of arrival. 
    I booked nearly all my hotels for the Euro Tour with the free cancellation option, as I did not want to risk anything. 
    For Vienna I’ve made a reservation at the Flemings Conference Hotel. It’s in walking distance to the venue. But there are also cheaper hotels close to the Stadthalle. 
  • Options
    one_stoneone_stone Posts: 291
    edited February 2022
    I have been to Stadthalle pretty often, and for events there I prefer Motel One Westbahnhof (https://www.motel-one.com/en/hotels/vienna/hotel-vienna-westbahnhof/) Good price for the standard they are offering and about 5 to 10 minute walk to Stadthalle! Plus they have a refund policy allowing you to cancel until one day before arrival without any fees! 
    Post edited by one_stone on
  • Options
    one_stone said:
    I have been to Stadthalle pretty often, and for events there I prefer Motel One Westbahnhof (https://www.motel-one.com/en/hotels/vienna/hotel-vienna-westbahnhof/) Good price for the standard they are offering and about 5 to 10 minute walk to Stadthalle! Plus they have a refund policy allowing you to cancel until one day before arrival without any fees! 
    In fact at that hotel you can cancel on the day of arrival until a certain time if you book the right rate.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,840
    You should have no issues with cancellation if you book through booking.com or expedia- as already stated.

I wouldn't worry about the date on the ticket. There are thousands, probably millions, of hard copy tickets that have the wrong date for all the postponed concerts. Doesn't matter. It's the bar code when they scan them.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,844
    edited February 2022
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the help and input! I decided to go with this hotel, seems like a perfect central location, and given we are in Austria for 2-weeks (Vienna for 6-days) this looks like a nice home base for checking out the city:  Boutique Hotel am Stephansplatz

I cannot wait to see them, been way too long!! First PJ show was Merriweather MD 1996, was insane. Seen them over a dozen times since then.

Speaking of PJ, most recent cover of theirs I tackled and learned was Yellow Moon - last night got it all down pretty good, always loved the odd time signatures of that song. Then again I'm left handed so automatically a weirdo guitarist. lol. 

Take care everyone!!!
  • Options
    dumperdumper Posts: 39

I have a voucher for sale at the Hotel Kugel that I am unable to use. July 20. PM me for more information. I am no longer seeing PJ in Vienna. The hotel wouldn’t refund me the money but gave me a voucher that is transferable to another guest. Trying to recoup my money!