psst...02/17/2022

Comments

• bazfromoz said:
    How many ten club members are there? And why isn’t there enough vinyl to cater for each member to purchase? If there is leftover stock after that put it on the normal shop, being in Australia and missing 5am limited releases is incredibly frustrating, especially considering the band won’t come to Australia anymore. The membership is virtually useless
    It’s not a 10club release, it’s a Walmart exclusive.  My guess is the 10club got some of Walmart’s allocation but since it’s a Walmart release they can’t realistically get them all.

there is a black version available worldwide, and it’s still available at Walmart but I guess shipping international isn’t an option from Walmart 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    edited February 2022
    rictus58 said:
    Loujoe said:
    As much as it sucks to say, with Walmart I'm not paying for shipping and I actually trust it to get to me in a timely manner. 
    how do they pack records? 10c = lots of TLC.  I imagine WM may chuck them in a big box banging around.
    "Lots of TLC"? 
    They put it in a cardboard mailer. There are no peanuts, just the thinnest bubble wrap available. We all have seen the box they use. It's no better than what other places do. 
    Packing peanuts for a regular sized LP?   If that’s the case whoever is shipping that is using boxes that are way too big.  Why on earth would you want that album bouncing around.  10C does what you need to do.  Never received anything packed incorrectly.  

My last few orders:  

Amazon:  they wrapped my Prince LP in a sealed white plastic bag and slapped a shipping label on it.   All four corners were destroyed. 

Target:  they placed the non gatefold 1LP record in a box that could hold a tricycle.  

Walmart: actually used a record mailer.  No bubblewrap but it was secure within the cardboard.  
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited February 2022
    rictus58 said:
    Loujoe said:
    As much as it sucks to say, with Walmart I'm not paying for shipping and I actually trust it to get to me in a timely manner. 
    how do they pack records? 10c = lots of TLC.  I imagine WM may chuck them in a big box banging around.
    "Lots of TLC"? 
    They put it in a cardboard mailer. There are no peanuts, just the thinnest bubble wrap available. We all have seen the box they use. It's no better than what other places do. 
    Packing peanuts for a regular sized LP?   If that’s the case whoever is shipping that is using boxes that are way too big.  Why on earth would you want that album bouncing around.  10C does what you need to do.  Never received anything packed incorrectly.  

My last few orders:  

Amazon:  they wrapped my Prince LP in a sealed white plastic bag and slapped a shipping label on it.   All four corners were destroyed. 

Target:  they placed the non gatefold 1LP record in a box that could hold a tricycle.  

Walmart: actually used a record mailer.  No bubblewrap but it was secure within the cardboard.  
    Amazon sent me one in a plastic bag too recently.  It actually arrived with 4 sharp corners which was just dumb luck.  When I saw it on the porch I couldn’t believe anyone would ship a record like that 

target: yep same as you 
  • Walmart is a multinational corporation that treats their employees like garbage. Paying an extra $10-$20 to not support them and instead support the people who work for one of your favorite bands is well worth it. Even though I missed out on the 10C sale I would gladly have paid for it but I’m too broke this month.
  • Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,032
    goldrush said:
    Yet another missed chance because it went on sale at 5am Australia time... It's not even worth getting mad about this shit anymore.
    I hear you dude. Thought the same. Vedder fresh press, then this release...5am our time. I don't get mad anymore. 8 years since last tour arghgg
  • KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,112
    goldrush said:
    Yet another missed chance because it went on sale at 5am Australia time... It's not even worth getting mad about this shit anymore.
    I hear you dude. Thought the same. Vedder fresh press, then this release...5am our time. I don't get mad anymore. 8 years since last tour arghgg
    They are an American band. They don’t owe International, or American fans for that matter, anything. 
  • KM73780 said:
    goldrush said:
    They are an American band. They don’t owe International, or American fans for that matter, anything. 
    Er, global citizens, by their own admission and deeds :wink:

Eddie Vedder Performs “Long Road” with Soweto Gospel Choir | Global Citizen Festival: Mandela 100 - Bing video

A band doesn't belong to anyone
    14.10.2000 Houston, 09.09.2006 Marseilles, 11.09.2006 Paris, 18.06.2007 London, 17.08.2009 Manchester, 18.08.2009 London, 22.06.2010 Dublin, 23.06.2010 Belfast, 25.06.2010 London
  • KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,112
    Let’s all lose our minds over a piece of colored plastic that has songs we’ve already been listening to for years 
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited February 2022
    jdasilvaf said:
    Walmart is a multinational corporation that treats their employees like garbage. Paying an extra $10-$20 to not support them and instead support the people who work for one of your favorite bands is well worth it. Even though I missed out on the 10C sale I would gladly have paid for it but I’m too broke this month.
    My Walmart issue is in high school I remember them restricting the music releases they would sell.  Anything “too controversial” was not carried. Problem was they already had undercut the local music store on prices so much it was out of business. At that point in a small town in the mid 90’s the only option I had was Walmart to buy music and they refused to stock several of the CD’s I was into at the time.  They took over and then purposely limited access and choice to music.  Only selling edited versions of albums when you do carry it is another thing they did (still do?).

I’m a hypocrite as I did buy RVM from them. However it’s probably my only Walmart purchase in over 20 years. This release supports Walmart though no matter if you bought from 10c or not.  I don’t understand the idea of an artist being ok with a company who is into censoring artists. They may not have censored Pearl Jam but that shouldn’t matter 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • KM73780 said:
    goldrush said:
    lol
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Just checked and Walmart still has copies for those who missed out on the club. 
  • jdasilvaf said:
    Walmart is a multinational corporation that treats their employees like garbage. Paying an extra $10-$20 to not support them and instead support the people who work for one of your favorite bands is well worth it. Even though I missed out on the 10C sale I would gladly have paid for it but I’m too broke this month.
    My Walmart issue is in high school I remember them restricting the music releases they would sell.  Anything “too controversial” was not carried. Problem was they already had undercut the local music store on prices so much it was out of business. At that point in a small town in the mid 90’s the only option I had was Walmart to buy music and they refused to stock several of the CD’s I was into at the time.  They took over and then purposely limited access and choice to music.  Only selling edited versions of albums when you do carry it is another thing they did (still do?).

I’m a hypocrite as I did buy RVM from them. However it’s probably my only Walmart purchase in over 20 years. This release supports Walmart though no matter if you bought from 10c or not.  I don’t understand the idea of an artist being ok with a company who is into censoring artists. They may not have censored Pearl Jam but that shouldn’t matter 
    Funny you bring this up. Just last week I was listening to Sheryl Crow’s self-titled 2nd album. I’d completely forgotten Walmart banned that album until the line in “Love Is A Good Thing” played. She got the last laugh as it went 3x Platinum. 
  • Ecolella9 said:
    Just checked and Walmart still has copies for those who missed out on the club. 
    Thanks! Just got them. 👍
  • RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 910
    Again for sale here at the 10C
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,240
    Sold out again.

And that's that!
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,471
    demetrios said:
    And that's that!
    Yeah I could put them both in the cart but they were gone at checkout. Now the product pages aren’t even loading
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited February 2022
    Oops.  Wrong thread
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,935
    PP193448 said:
    So here”s typical proof that USPS is incompetent:
    package arrived in Springboro, OH 2/18/22 at 11:18a,and then departed to Urbancrest, OH at 2:01p
    I live in Springboro, OH.  Urbancrest, OH is over 1 hour away near Columbus.  WTF… Why not deliver the fucking package when it’s actually in my post office.  
    I hear you.  I ordered a couple basketballs for my son’s team and they were misdelivered to a post office about 20 minutes away and stayed there for 4 days.  Then they were misdelivered again to a post office two towns away.  I ended up calling that post office and asked them just to hold it for me and I picked it up there.  Quite the adventure. 

Before Christmas I ordered a gift from Costco for the kids and UPS shipped it from North Carolina to France to Germany before the UPS guy showed up at my door in NJ and told me I owed $139 in import fees and taxes!  Took me 2 hours on the phone to straighten that one out. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,771
    Probably went back from people that canceled
    I miss igotid88
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    on2legs said:
    PP193448 said:
    So here”s typical proof that USPS is incompetent:
    package arrived in Springboro, OH 2/18/22 at 11:18a,and then departed to Urbancrest, OH at 2:01p
    I live in Springboro, OH.  Urbancrest, OH is over 1 hour away near Columbus.  WTF… Why not deliver the fucking package when it’s actually in my post office.  
    I hear you.  I ordered a couple basketballs for my son’s team and they were misdelivered to a post office about 20 minutes away and stayed there for 4 days.  Then they were misdelivered again to a post office two towns away.  I ended up calling that post office and asked them just to hold it for me and I picked it up there.  Quite the adventure. 

Before Christmas I ordered a gift from Costco for the kids and UPS shipped it from North Carolina to France to Germany before the UPS guy showed up at my door in NJ and told me I owed $139 in import fees and taxes!  Took me 2 hours on the phone to straighten that one out. 
    DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!  That’s crazy!
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • jdasilvaf said:

Funny you bring this up. Just last week I was listening to Sheryl Crow’s self-titled 2nd album. I’d completely forgotten Walmart banned that album until the line in “Love Is A Good Thing” played. She got the last laugh as it went 3x Platinum. 

Some of those lyrics almost read like they could be a Korn or Marilyn Manson song.

Wal-Mart was also one of the stores which sold the censored version of In Utero with the song "Waif Me."
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    Shipping label received on Volume 1.
  • jhuludjhulud Posts: 315

Got shipping notice from Walmart for the two Rearview Mirror. Says should arrive on Friday.  

• MS149515MS149515 Posts: 193
    I posted this in a separate thread too but I picked up a pair of the colored vinyl from Walmart today for anyone abroad that wants a set. No profit, you simply pay the shipping & cost of item. DM me if you would be interested. 
    The first shipment of Vol 2 arrives today. INT order labels are printing today and will ship as soon as Vol 1 orders ship.
    slh

• mikeliskamikeliska Posts: 249
    Has anyone received theirs or gotten any shipping updates at all?  I have both of the shipping label emails (V1 was like 11 days ago) and doesn't seem like anything has happened since.
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,382
    mikeliska said:
    Has anyone received theirs or gotten any shipping updates at all?  I have both of the shipping label emails (V1 was like 11 days ago) and doesn't seem like anything has happened since.
    I've got tracking numbers in my order history. Both have delivery dates of later this week.