Awesome interview with Ed

jakesbluskyhomejakesbluskyhome Posts: 148
edited February 2022 in The Porch
https://youtu.be/YfDVF33wlIw

Treat yourself if you’ve got a free hour. So much insight, even more than the Bruce interview or the magazine interview, although of course there is some overlap. But he really opens up.

Also apparently Ed did get Covid 2 weeks before the tour. Not a big deal thing obviously but just kind of interesting to hear him talk about. 

But yeah, enjoy friends 

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,118
    edited February 2022
    Weird comparing this Press cycle to Gigaton's. 

Did the Pearl Jam team find out about podcasts etc first in 2022?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Great interview, it was kind of strange seeing him talk so openly. Zane Lowe can come across as quite annoying at times, but there's no doubt he's very passionate about music and really does his homework. 
  • I actually had never heard of him before but he clearly had Eddie’s respect and like you said did a great job guiding the interview and getting Ed  to open up like that.

also pretty neat to see andy and josh and chad chatting, I had never seen watt in an interview. He seems like an interesting character, I don’t know how old he is but such a youthful vibe. And josh and chad are so cool too. Easy to see how Eddie felt so comfortable with them all. 
  • Zane Lowe used to present on radio and tv in the UK before he moved to Apple in America, he was kind of infamous for asking really long and sycophantic questions, so a lot of people found him quite irritating.

Andrew Watt is definitely an interesting one, he's only 31, but clearly a huge music fan, and more power to him for pursuing a music career and getting to work with his heroes, must be surreal. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,937
    Weird comparing this Press cycle to Gigaton's. 

Did the Pearl Jam team find out about podcasts etc first in 2022?
    Ed and Jeff did the Bill Simmons podcast in 2020 for Gigaton.  Although I agree with your point that Ed is really getting out there for this album. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 446
    Really cool interview with Echo... I enjoyed the Watt, Klinghoffer and Smith as well.  I loved that it was mentioned that "the guys" from PJ also paid a visit to hear what was being laid down... I think very exciting times ahead here. I look forward to hearing what's going to come out of this especially if PJ is looking to get back into the studio and write in person vs. a demo method. 
    If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H
  • I fuckin love ED 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -