No notification

I drove thru hell from Las Vegas to attend this show.  I arrived at my $200+ hotel room and learned of the cancellation.  I still haven’t received any kind of notification that show has been cancelled and I’m fucking pissed.  Should have received notification when I received 17 emails regarding COVID policies and as of 6:44 pm nothing about the show being canceled.  Unless Mr. Vedder wants to fly me in and pay for my hotel (probably can’t get the Marriott now), I can’t come back.  So disappointing, idk who fucked this up but they should be forced to face this old grandma in person and let me give them a talking to.  My 13 year old granddaughter could have done a better job.  With all Mr Vedder’s $ (and even regardless of that) I never would have dreamed that he wouldn’t move heaven and earth to ensure this was handled appropriately for his fans.  My bucket list is now dead.  Oh, well, maybe I got tickets to DMB in September.  Hopefully I live that long. 

Comments

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,610
    Ok 
  • KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,112
    I would think, and this is just me here, but if you’re attending a show, or any event really, during the COVID pandemic/era that you would keep a pretty close eye on social media to know whether or not an event was still on.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,124
    Sorry to hear this. Was there no email sent to ticket holders? I think most of us here learned about it via the board or social media. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,837
    That really sucks.  Not surprising that it could happen.  I learned from this board, but otherwise I am not on social media so I wouldn’t have known either without this board.
  • I am sorry, but sadly not surprised, to hear about this situation.  If it’s a small consolation, I believe Marriott properties tend to have 48 hour cancellation policies, so even if you got the news when it came out, the hotel may have been a sunk cost anyway, unless you had a better cancellation policy.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • MissMay82MissMay82 Posts: 10
    I must say I was horribly wrong about everything.  I was hurt and ENTITLED! 

I was sent an email but had already checked it (Monday) before it was received and did not check again.  So I’ve learned something.  I’m not always right.  Anyway, I just returned from another $400 trip driving to San Diego and it as WORTH EVERY FUCKING PENNY AND THE HORRIBLE FIrst drive down! I saw the show Sunday evening and it was absolutely amazing.  I’ve seen far more than my share of concerts in my day but only 1 PJ show and never EV.  The band was so fucking good, I didn’t miss my favorite band.  Never thought that would happen and am so happy I didn’t properly read and interpret the email regarding refunds.  OMG thank you so much for that energy and willingness to put in the hard work EV and The Earthlings! 

Also, I’d like to say how kind everyone was.  Even before I knew I would be going, it dawned on me that I was very entitled and demanding. I would have liked to think I would have been very understanding even if I wasn’t notified about the postponement.  I worked in healthcare and should have know they did the best they could.  I did expect any communication to come thru my “VIP” email, as do all communication from PJ and Ticketmaster.  But it came from a different email address and I was too hurried and stressed to find it. I get sometimes 50-100 emails a day and it didn’t occur to that it might be cancelled.  The pandemic was extremely isolating for me and I endured it alone.  It’s seriously changed me and how I thing and operate. Anyway I was afraid to return to this site til today because I expected to be excoriated by the community for the self-centered, entitled, boomer attitude I put on display for all to see.  Thanks for your understanding.  

PLEASE NOTE:  I thought I posted this back in February!  Came here after hearing of cancellation in Vegas today (I had ticket and room booked) and saw this looking as if it was not posted when I intended it to be.