Earthlings production pales in comparison to

2»

Comments

• eboweddie said:

No lies detected.

https://youtu.be/iaNbXrmVWPo
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Complainers
    Weirdo 
    Complainer and terrible at comebacks. Try again, that was a bad reply, I’ll let you try again. Please, try harder. 
    You’re annoying. You’re unable of accepting other peoples opinion on music. It’s weird. Very weird. 
    Ur just a complainer. Everything sounds like shit and terrible sound, bla bla bla. What records have you produced and how do you set up your drums to get the best sounds?  You sound qualified, just wondering your techniques so I can pass it along to Andrew. 

Stop being on a message board if you are unable to understand the concept of people having opinions. That is the very foundation of a message board.

So if you have not grasped that, or what it looks like - can't comprehend people not falling in line with your wonky opinions -- then you should start working on understanding that very basis of a discussion forum before logging on. 

Have you ever run a logistics business or a fanclub? You sound qualified with how much you have complained about the fanclub singles not arriving. You sound qualified, just wondering your techniques so I can pass it along to Tim Bierman.
    Exactly. Jeez, read through that singles thread if you want to see some top notch complaining and whining.  And I’m the complainer? I’m discussing the production on the new EV album. What a joke. 
    Ok no one told me the fan club singles thread was free entertainment :lol: I passed over it all the time! What a mess. But glad you all got your singles.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,314
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Complainers
    Weirdo 
    Complainer and terrible at comebacks. Try again, that was a bad reply, I’ll let you try again. Please, try harder. 
    You’re annoying. You’re unable of accepting other peoples opinion on music. It’s weird. Very weird. 
    Ur just a complainer. Everything sounds like shit and terrible sound, bla bla bla. What records have you produced and how do you set up your drums to get the best sounds?  You sound qualified, just wondering your techniques so I can pass it along to Andrew. 

Stop being on a message board if you are unable to understand the concept of people having opinions. That is the very foundation of a message board.

So if you have not grasped that, or what it looks like - can't comprehend people not falling in line with your wonky opinions -- then you should start working on understanding that very basis of a discussion forum before logging on. 

Have you ever run a logistics business or a fanclub? You sound qualified with how much you have complained about the fanclub singles not arriving. You sound qualified, just wondering your techniques so I can pass it along to Tim Bierman.
    Exactly. Jeez, read through that singles thread if you want to see some top notch complaining and whining.  And I’m the complainer? I’m discussing the production on the new EV album. What a joke. 
    Ok no one told me the fan club singles thread was free entertainment :lol: I passed over it all the time! What a mess. But glad you all got your singles.
    Funny how the person who comes on here and calls me a complainer spent so much time in that thread….. whining and complaining. While im
    just discussing the production on the new EV album. 
  • nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Complainers
    Weirdo 

Funny how the person who comes on here and calls me a complainer spent so much time in that thread….. whining and complaining. While im
    You are a complainer though
  • bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 761
    edited February 2022
    KV4053 said:
    Gigaton.

Gigaton is recorded so well. High dynamic range and incredible soundstage. Earthling is poorly recorded relatively speaking.

I'm talking about production quality only, not song craftsmanship
    OP - I agree with your assessment, but I wouldn’t necessarily say it’s “better”….Maybe more nuanced and it (general audio output) isn’t as tight or jam packed as Earthling.  The audio on GT seems to have a little more space (??)…🤷‍♂️ 

As someone noted in this thread, Earthling’s production or ‘end state’ does lean towards or is similar to Self-Titled…which is not to say that’s a bad thing.  I’ve listened to ST like my life depended on it at various times.  Still up there for my $.  

Someone was asking for examples to help better understand the OP’s topic.  To me, if you want a good contrast (outside of Gigaton to Earthling) - throw on a pair of headphones and listen to Riot Act and then listen to Self-Titled.  I think that’s maybe a better example to highlight differences in production.

I love Gigaton.  Love it.  There are so many intricate moments throughout which I tend to credit the production AND the song writing.  

With that said, I haven’t stopped listening to Earthling.  I think part of the reason is due to how fun the songs are, but I also think that “fun” aspect is due to the way it’s produced.  It works.  But I agree it’s got a sound or unique audio characteristics more akin to a “produced” sound (not a complaint, mind you).

Take a song like Power of Right or….Good and Evil (🤘) which I think has a very heavy studio-‘esq and/or produced sound. I wonder if those songs would’ve worked with a Gigaton/Josh E treatment?  

I don’t know - but I know I can’t stop listening. 
    Post edited by bigbiggzy on
  • bbiggs said:
    I'm glad I have an untrained ear.  It all sounds the same to me and that can be a good thing I guess.  I either like the music or I don't. 
    Yep - Agreed.  Your ears tell you all you need to know… 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,125
    bbiggs said:
    I'm glad I have an untrained ear.  It all sounds the same to me and that can be a good thing I guess.  I either like the music or I don't. 
    This exactly. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,314
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Complainers
    Weirdo 

You are a complainer though
    You’re a whiner