Options

*** Eddie Vedder & The Earthlings Newark, NJ Fanviews 2/6/22 ***

2»

Comments

• Options
    Did we ever find out what was up with the girl running across the stage?  Best I can tell she came from offstage and not the crowd.
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,077
    edited February 2022
    New songs sounded good. There is quite a bit of stylistic variation in that batch of songs. My favorites so far are The Dark, Fallout Today, and Brother the Cloud. The Long Way is a great concert song, though it didn't make too big an impression on me from the studio take. I love the selection of cover songs. Room at the Top (great tune from a great album), Timeless Melody, Patriot... but I don't see people talking too much about Isn't it a Pity. That was a highlight for me. At the end of the song Ed does a subdued version of the "Yeah... Yeah... Yeah"  chant from Alive. Killer tune. Was hoping for some Who/PT songs... Guess I'll just have to catch Ed next time around! At these ticket prices I was thinking this might be my last Ed solo show, but the allure is too strong and the rewards are too great.
    Merch worked out good too, I was able to get the tour poster, a couple shirts and the pins (they have a few color variations). One of the shirts was out of my size though so I went up a notch.
    Oh yes, to add to the person who commented about the staff at NJPAC - I found them to be very friendly and hospitable too!
    Post edited by ceska on
  • Options
    HamsonHamson Posts: 44
    Tremorman said:
    Amazing night.  Just jotting down some random stuff while its fresh.    The quiet opener with just Ed and Glen on Society ended with a fury of dueling Townshend speed strumming between the two.    Invincible was a very unique and compelling song.  Its so atmospheric but gets a bit heavy too.   All the fast new ones were fucking great.  Ed was stalking the edge of the stage on many of them giving them his full energy.   Loved fast Patriot (no slow start!).   At one point Ed said this next song wouldn't have been written without this next person and they are no longer with us before slamming into Dirty Frank which was sort of a funny fake out.   Big band bow at the end of this one with all members laughing like they had a blast.   As Ed walked off the stage he spotted an Irish flag on a monitor and picked up and gave a wave.

Couple of other banter notes :   Before Fallout Today , Ed gives props to Watt.  He says he helped him so much with the record and he ordered lunch and dinner.. definitely someone you hang on to.  He also said Fallout Today is up there with a Mike McCready solo .  Watt's bio teacher was in the audience and Ed said the teacher took him to Watt's first PJ show, so this night is in a way because of him , to big cheers.  And Ed joked indirectly about the Motely Crue thing saying Chad's kit stays right where it is, it doesn't need to flip around to be cool (or something like that) to laughs.   In the Brother the Cloud intro about the Sandy Hook dad, Ed mentions someone told him the song reminded him of the SH dad.  Ed said he could understand that  but that loss was so unbearable he wouldn't apply the song to him.  He said BrotherTC is about "a few people but Jeremy is not one of them".

Jill was also in the house, rocking out and graciously taking some pictures with a handful of people.  
    Re: Jill, I wouldn't say she was graciously taking pics with people.  She was tolerant at best.  I sat behind her most of the night.  At the end of the show I got her attention and said I follow her on Instagram, have 2 daughters about the same age, and just find her super cool.  (Should also mention I'm a 44-year-old female, like her, who was with my husband).  My friends and I joked how cool it would be to meet her someday and I told her this, we said we should make "I want to meet Jill" signs.  She laughed and told me "I get my share of people wanting to meet me for obvious reasons."  I sort of felt like she was smiling but rolling her eyes the whole time thinking I've heard these pick up lines before.  I legit just thought it was cool to meet her, but I got the vibe she was so over it.  Not sure what I expected, but she did call me pretty (after I told her I think she's pretty and resembles Fatih Hill) and wished me luck with my girls, but the vibe was "omg, everyone wants to meet me, leave me alone."  I apologized for bothering her.   

I was surprised Ed pointed her out to the crowd while serenading her. She was in plain site, easily accessible, and anyone could go up to her.  It was fun to see her dance and take pics/videos like the rest of us.  I should've left her alone!  
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,193
    edited February 2022
    🤔 if Jill wants to be left alone in public she shouldn’t have an active public IG! Just my thoughts. Maybe you weren’t really bothering her. :) or she holds the same sentiment as Ed that PJ fans aren’t that cool. :lol:
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,268
    rhpot1991 said:
    Did we ever find out what was up with the girl running across the stage?  Best I can tell she came from offstage and not the crowd.
    All of a sudden she just appeared out of nowhere and was running across the stage. It looked to me like she came from the left side behind the stage, but it happened so quickly I’m not sure. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    The runner posted an apology in AET...lol
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    edited February 2022
    Hamson said:
    Tremorman said:
    Amazing night.  Just jotting down some random stuff while its fresh.    The quiet opener with just Ed and Glen on Society ended with a fury of dueling Townshend speed strumming between the two.    Invincible was a very unique and compelling song.  Its so atmospheric but gets a bit heavy too.   All the fast new ones were fucking great.  Ed was stalking the edge of the stage on many of them giving them his full energy.   Loved fast Patriot (no slow start!).   At one point Ed said this next song wouldn't have been written without this next person and they are no longer with us before slamming into Dirty Frank which was sort of a funny fake out.   Big band bow at the end of this one with all members laughing like they had a blast.   As Ed walked off the stage he spotted an Irish flag on a monitor and picked up and gave a wave.

Couple of other banter notes :   Before Fallout Today , Ed gives props to Watt.  He says he helped him so much with the record and he ordered lunch and dinner.. definitely someone you hang on to.  He also said Fallout Today is up there with a Mike McCready solo .  Watt's bio teacher was in the audience and Ed said the teacher took him to Watt's first PJ show, so this night is in a way because of him , to big cheers.  And Ed joked indirectly about the Motely Crue thing saying Chad's kit stays right where it is, it doesn't need to flip around to be cool (or something like that) to laughs.   In the Brother the Cloud intro about the Sandy Hook dad, Ed mentions someone told him the song reminded him of the SH dad.  Ed said he could understand that  but that loss was so unbearable he wouldn't apply the song to him.  He said BrotherTC is about "a few people but Jeremy is not one of them".

Jill was also in the house, rocking out and graciously taking some pictures with a handful of people.  
    Re: Jill, I wouldn't say she was graciously taking pics with people.  She was tolerant at best.  I sat behind her most of the night.  At the end of the show I got her attention and said I follow her on Instagram, have 2 daughters about the same age, and just find her super cool.  (Should also mention I'm a 44-year-old female, like her, who was with my husband).  My friends and I joked how cool it would be to meet her someday and I told her this, we said we should make "I want to meet Jill" signs.  She laughed and told me "I get my share of people wanting to meet me for obvious reasons."  I sort of felt like she was smiling but rolling her eyes the whole time thinking I've heard these pick up lines before.  I legit just thought it was cool to meet her, but I got the vibe she was so over it.  Not sure what I expected, but she did call me pretty (after I told her I think she's pretty and resembles Fatih Hill) and wished me luck with my girls, but the vibe was "omg, everyone wants to meet me, leave me alone."  I apologized for bothering her.   

I was surprised Ed pointed her out to the crowd while serenading her. She was in plain site, easily accessible, and anyone could go up to her.  It was fun to see her dance and take pics/videos like the rest of us.  I should've left her alone!  
    I remember almost running into her at the Wrigley concert a few years back. I was surprised she was so accessible.

She clearly has a lot of trust of the fans but I hope they don't bother her too much. I would be too embarrassed to ever approach.

edit: not trying to imply that you bothered her...I'm sure she didn't mind
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    Bizarre 
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,640

• Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,640

• Options
    Man, i wish Ed allowed taping, sadface.
  • Options
    AET?
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,926
    rhpot1991 said:
    AET?
    All Encompassing Trip forum. 
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    LIVE REPORT: Eddie Vedder and The Earthlings live at The New Jersey PAC, New Jersey, 2/6/22
    LINKhttps://www.pearljamonline.it/en/eddie-vedder-and-the-earthlings-take-nj-into-the-wild/

"I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    raindog80 said:
    LIVE REPORT: Eddie Vedder and The Earthlings live at The New Jersey PAC, New Jersey, 2/6/22
    LINKhttps://www.pearljamonline.it/en/eddie-vedder-and-the-earthlings-take-nj-into-the-wild/

Nice report!! Thanks. I was there, great show! 
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,956
    edited February 2022
    Generational Spectrum:

2007. Society-(Hannan) Ed & Glen only
    1999. Room At The Top-(T. Petty)
    1969. Here Comes The Sun-(G. Harrison)
    1990. Timeless Melody-(L.A. Mavers)
    2021. I’ll Be Waiting-(from the Flag Day sound track)
    2022. Invincible-from the album Earthling
    2022. The Dark-from the album Earthling
    2022. Fallout Today-from the album Earthling
    2022. Brother The Cloud-from the album Earthling
    2021. Tender Mercies-(from the Flag Day sound track)
    1998. Wishlist (Yield)
    2022. Long Way-from the album Earthling
    2022. The Haves-from the album Earthling
    2022. Mrs. Mills-from the album Earthling
    2022. Try-from the album Earthling w/Danny Clinch
    2022. Chad-O-(Chad drum solo)
    2022. Rose Of Jericho-from the album Earthling
    1980. Precious-(Hynde)
    2007. Hard Sun-(1989, Peterson)

1984. I Am A Patriot-(Van Zandt) {fast version}
    1992. Dirty Frank (Ten-era)
    1970. Isn’t It A Pity-(Harrison)
    1991. Porch (Ten)

Post edited by Go Animal on
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!