Ukraine

Comments

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    mace1229 said:
    I cant see how this can  not end in some nuclear  weapon use
    I actually don’t think nuclear attacks are likely. If they were the only ones with nukes I’d say it’s almost for sure he’d use them. But he has to know he can’t use them without dire consequences, and he’s not the only one with them. Letting Russia go in and invade a non-NATO country while pretending we cant help because of some paperwork is one thing, allowing a dictator to nuke another country out of aggression is another.
    Allowing? Too late once its done.
    Not true. I don’t allow my kids to punch each other. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen, just means there’s a consequence that makes them wish they hadnt. That’s what not allowing something means.
    Of Putin uses a nuke, the response will be so drastic he will wish he hadn’t. I would hope so anyway.
  • But  how does that work. By the time you are nuked its too late. Stupid example. You cant nuke back after  you are nuked. You can punch back after  a punch! 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,082
    edited February 2022
    Sweden sending more stuff: anti tank weapons, helmets, body armor, food ransions. 

Weird seeing Sweden send lethal aid. But great.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Sweden sending more stuff: anti tank weapons, helmets, body armor, food ransions. 

Weird seeing Sweden sending lethal aid. But great.
    Its  all so sad. The pandemic  is sad but this is so unstable and instant its really horrible. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I cant see how this can  not end in some nuclear  weapon use
    I actually don’t think nuclear attacks are likely. If they were the only ones with nukes I’d say it’s almost for sure he’d use them. But he has to know he can’t use them without dire consequences, and he’s not the only one with them. Letting Russia go in and invade a non-NATO country while pretending we cant help because of some paperwork is one thing, allowing a dictator to nuke another country out of aggression is another.
    Allowing? Too late once its done.
    Not true. I don’t allow my kids to punch each other. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen, just means there’s a consequence that makes them wish they hadnt. That’s what not allowing something means.
    Of Putin uses a nuke, the response will be so drastic he will wish he hadn’t. I would hope so anyway.
    And what  would  your  drastic response  look like.?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

edited February 2022
    Also sending 500 million SEK in cash to Ukraines defense. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited February 2022
    First time Sweden gives this kind of support since Soviet attacked Finland in 1939.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,425
    First time Sweden gives this kind of support since Soviet attacked Finland in 1939.
    It is amazing seeing all of these countries coming together. Hope it does some good. 
  • I'm guessing body armors and helmets (which Ukraine has requested) are for the civilians taking up arms?
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,946
    I'm guessing body armors and helmets (which Ukraine has requested) are for the civilians taking up arms?
    Seems likely.  I'm not at all for this senseless war, but the resolve and will to fight shown by the Ukrainians is very inspiring.  Fuck Putin.

edited February 2022
    Seems to be this anti-tank model (5000 of them). Also used by the US army because NOTHING BEATS SWEDISH ENGINEERING AND BUILD QUALITY. 

So, seems this is the first time since 1939 that Sweden as country has provided lethal aid to another country in war.

Prime Minister Magdalena Andersson do consider us staying out of NATO to be the best course for Swedish security and interests going forward though,
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739
    edited February 2022
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    Anonymous fucking all sorts of shit up. Hackers of the world unite!
    But  how does that work. By the time you are nuked its too late. Stupid example. You cant nuke back after  you are nuked. You can punch back after  a punch! 
    Putin knows using a nuke will create consequences and most likely make him regret using it. Therefore that is how it’s not being allowed and I see it extremely unlikely.
  • mace1229 said:
    But  how does that work. By the time you are nuked its too late. Stupid example. You cant nuke back after  you are nuked. You can punch back after  a punch! 
    Putin knows using a nuke will create consequences and most likely make him regret using it. Therefore that is how it’s not being allowed and I see it extremely unlikely.
    He  is fucked and will die one way or another  now.  So i see it as he falls on his sword. He cares not for any human life
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• mace1229 said:
    At the same time, what crazy war-fevering strong man dictator want to have lived and not having used a nuke?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,739

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited February 2022
    For one, why not? For that to be true Putin would have to take out an entire country at once. Half of US gets nuked, I’m pretty sure the other half would want to retaliate. 
    But let’s assume not. There’s lots of nuclear countries. If all of Europe gets nuked and taken out at once I’m pretty sure the US wouldnt just stand there and do nothing. 
    So yes, you can nuke and get juked back just like you can lunch and get punched back. You can take out a little kid with one punch too, but then his big brother is going to come after you.
     Bottom line is there would be dire consequences for using nukes.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    mace1229 said:
    For one, why not? For that to be true Putin would have to take out an entire country at once. Half of US gets nuked, I’m pretty sure the other half would want to retaliate. 
    But let’s assume not. There’s lots of nuclear countries. If all of Europe gets nuked and taken out at once I’m pretty sure the US wouldnt just stand there and do nothing. 
    So yes, you can nuke and get juked back just like you can lunch and get punched back. You can take out a little kid with one punch too, but then his big brother is going to come after you.
    See the source image
  • mace1229 said:
    Also, before a nuke has landed - mid-punch - the other sides nuke would go off. I would reckon.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    mace1229 said:
    I think some are forgetting that there are defense shields all over the world.  @static111 had some good info the other day.  

Putin getting the cold shoulder from China is really critical.  Love how the world is uniting. 
    Hobbes said:
    mace1229 said:
    See the source image
    This
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,613
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

For those looking to contribute more than money here is an opportunity…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,520
    maybe all of those "freedom fighting" truckers who said they were fighting a tyrannical dictator might want to do it for real now that playtime is over?
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

maybe all of those "freedom fighting" truckers who said they were fighting a tyrannical dictator might want to do it for real now that playtime is over?
    For real.  Same with the January 6 knuckleheads.  They've all been conditioned to believe they are being oppressed by being a part of society. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,613

Great idea, but not likely to happen.
    I saw this open invitation to join the Ukraine defensive forces in a brief article last night and with this whole thing having me so rankled, my first reaction was, "If I were much younger than I am...". 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Berlin