Options

New Mike McCready interview with Guitar World Magazine

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,911

Mike McCready on reissuing The Rockfords' debut LP: "It brings me back to the excitement of what guitar was like when I first discovered it"

By Jacob Uitti 

The Seattle guitar great on the full-circle journey of the long-dormant side-project, his approach to playing in twin-guitar bands, and what's next for Pearl Jam

(Image credit: Harmony Gerber/WireImage)

Do you have any other side projects in the works at the moment, and what might be next for Pearl Jam?

“I’m working with a director named Thomas Zimny right now, who I worked with on a Johnny Cash documentary and an Elvis documentary already. We’re doing a Beach Boys one. So, I’m working on music for that right now. I’m working on music for a movie called Daft State with my friend Chris Bacchus, who’s the star of it. And I’m doing some music for that. So, I’m doing music for some movies this second. 

“I’m working on a little project myself that I’m not sure what it’s going to be yet, but it’s something that I’ve been working on for a long time and it’s going to have something to do with Seattle and my role in it and coming up.

“And Pearl Jam, we hopefully will be touring in Europe in the summer and maybe in the States before that. With Omicron, who knows what’s going to go on? I hope we can release some music, because we have a lot of music that we haven’t put out.”

Comments

• Options
     I hope we can release some music, because we have a lot of music that we haven’t put out.” 
    Awesome! Great news! Look forward to more new music!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Put out that music! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    FlavafrazFlavafraz Pennsylvania Posts: 408
    How bout new record and lost dogs 2
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Nice!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,850
    :bee:
  • Options
    Mike, what do you know?! 

tell me more slow loris GIF
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,948
    Ed and now Mike had made promising comments re: new music. Great to hear. After a new record I think we’re due for another lost dogs type of release. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 339
    Happy that we didn't have to pay to read this interview, thanks for sharing!
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    Ed and now Mike had made promising comments re: new music. Great to hear. After a new record I think we’re due for another lost dogs type of release. 
    Im not usually the cynic but i recall seeing these comments a LOT between the various records weve had and I have come to realise it generally means very little, it can still be 4-5 years before it actually happens
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:
    Im not usually the cynic but i recall seeing these comments a LOT between the various records weve had and I have come to realise it generally means very little, it can still be 4-5 years before it actually happens
    I'll call it reality. Other than the live stuff, studio or special releases have been rare. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,911
     :)