Options

Would they consider releasing a "Christmas Album" compiling the 10 Club Singles?

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,945
    demetrios said:
    Pearl Jam - The Complete Holiday Singles.

58 tracks. 3 hours 44 minutes & 32 seconds of passion! Would LOVE to see this released on 6 LP Coloured Vinyl Box Set!
    Where might someone download this?
    I can help with these. PM me! 
    :) 
  • Options

Too bad they didn't do a 2nd & 3rd volume promo CDs. 
  • Options
    If you already own all the singles why would you want to spend $$$$$ on a box set?  This would be an easy pass for me. 
    I don't think a majority of folks own them all. Would cut down on paying crazy prices for individual 45s and complete sets and achieve the purpose of having them all live in one collection. 
    Makes sense. I guess I was only thinking about those of us that are lucky enough to own them all already. 

Being it's the end of Pearl Jam's 7* Christmas vinyl gift run why not release a kick ass 12" vinyl box set. Colored vinyl & all. 
  • Options
    Bump!
  • Options
    Make it happen!
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,395
    A few people (cough cough) have mentioned this idea before.  I think we will eventually get a collection when they deem that the time is right.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    The copyrights on the cover songs could be a problem, if they’re selling a set.  From my understanding, because these all were “promo” items and/or obtained as part of a fanclub membership, they could get around that.  Don’t mean to be a downer, but I think that’s a huge hurdle for pressing this up on vinyl.
    Target Center - Jun 30, 1998
    Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000
    Xcel Energy Center - Jun 16, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003
    Fort William Garden - Sep 09, 2005
    Xcel Energy Center - Jun 27, 2006
    United Center - Aug 23, 2009
    Xcel Energy Center - Oct 19, 2014
    Xcel Energy Center - August 31, 2023
    Xcel Energy Center - September 2, 2023
  • Options
    Bump!
  • Options
    The copyrights on the cover songs could be a problem, if they’re selling a set.  From my understanding, because these all were “promo” items and/or obtained as part of a fanclub membership, they could get around that.  Don’t mean to be a downer, but I think that’s a huge hurdle for pressing this up on vinyl.

Yeah that's true. Well, here's hoping those bootleg vinyl pressing warehouses in Europe are able create .. this 6LP Vinyl Box Set! :p   
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    So you’re saying they could still do it and simply give it to club members, lol?

(Realize that won’t likely happen, but I also wonder if it could be given digitally (hence lowering costs since no physical product), which might cue up complaints from those that “paid” for the tracks initially, lol.)
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 826
    As long as any potential physical release is available in a 4CD set or something I'm in. Digital can tie us over till they make them 😉
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    JT167846 said:
    As long as any potential physical release is available in a 4CD set or something I'm in. Digital can tie us over till they make them 😉
    Oh there is a cool fan made 3 CD set.

D1 ..

D2 ..

D3 ..

• Options
    Bump!
  • Options
  • Options

• Options
    edited December 2021
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 824
    dcp3y said:
    Only like 5 true Christmas songs…maybe put them all on the A side should we go this route. (Let Me Sleep, Don’t Believe In Christmas, Someday at Christmas, Santa God, and Jingle Bells). Sorry, this isn’t as an exciting idea for me, but I also have the full Christmas singles set.  I’d rather 10C work on vinyl releases of Vault 2 and 11 (13, 14, 15….).  If they build (press) it though, I will buy it.  Apologies to Field of Dreams.  
    I would add Strangest Tribe to make it 6 'Christmas Songs.'  I love that song and have that on my non-Christmas playlist, but it also works as a Christmas song.  

Besides those 6 songs, it would be awesome if they recorded like four more Christmas song covers (hell, Dave Grohl pushes these things out in his sleep so PJ could do it in a day or two) and release a full true Christmas album.  Maybe they can get permission to use Cornell's Ave Maria for a hidden bonus track?  
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    Wowzers - I never had a post get this kind of response before. Is this going to be one of those threads that goes on for years and years?

Upon review, I'm surprised there are only so many Xmas themed songs. I thought there'd be more... I really loved Don't Believe in Christmas.
    MP
    8/22/98 - Barrie, Ontario
    10/5/00 - Toronto, Ontario
    6/28/03 - Toronto, Ontario
    9/22/05 - Halifax, Nova Scotia
    9/11/11 - Toronto, Ontario
    9/12/11 - Toronto, Ontario
    7/31/12 - London, England (EV)
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, New York
    12/2/13 - Calgary, Alberta
    05/10/16 - Toronto, Ontario
    05/12/16 - Toronto, Ontario
    09/06/16 - Hamilton, Ontario
    09/08/22 - Toronto, Ontario

• Options
  • Options
    Bump!
  • Options

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    I love this idea!  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 826
    MP188882 said:
    Wowzers - I never had a post get this kind of response before. Is this going to be one of those threads that goes on for years and years?

Upon review, I'm surprised there are only so many Xmas themed songs. I thought there'd be more... I really loved Don't Believe in Christmas.
    I think that the singles are discontinued the noise will get louder and louder for it as there is a finite number of songs, all of which you could put on a 2 or 3 CD set.

Lost Dogs rocks but even that wasn't near complete at the time due to the Xmas single tracks omitted and other gems e.g. Crazy Mary, Just A Girl, Angel.

I'd buy a CD set regardless but I want ALL tracks from the singles. Every Ramblings is fine by me.

What say you Pearl Jam? Seems like enough people would be keen to make it worth your while...
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    For the sake of completeness I would have to buy it, but I wouldn’t particularly want it.

So I hope not.  Kind of like no code on clear vinyl. I had to have it, doesn’t mean im glad they released it 
    With all due respect this feels different to me. Are people really fond of 45s? I like all the music on the Xmas singles, but have no desire to accumulate all the ones sent out prior to joining Ten Club. They would just gather dust like the ones I already have.  Having these all in a 33 1/3 LP format would be awesome. Drop the needle and let them play. I would suggest the songs are placed chronologically, so the record would be a trip down memory lane, starting in ‘91. 

Also, not everyone has all the 45s and this could be a way for the band to potentially cool the aftermarket prices on these 45s. Completists like yourself could perhaps benefit. Say you needed the ‘91 Xmas single for instance. Theoretically, the demand would come down if the songs are available on an official release from the band, assuming it is a good pressing. 

• Options
    Bump!
  • Options
    Xmas bump! 
  • Options
    Boxing Day bump!
  • Options
    So much vinyl being release lately how about releasing this custom vinyl box set?
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,960
    As long as it was made widely accessible and not a random dump with only so many copies. Then I’m fine with that. I really think if this is going to happen they should do a cheesy Christmas album cover with the band sitting around the tree opening gifts. Stone could receive a coffee mug from Mike. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14