Options

Canada Soccer Thread

13»

Comments

• Options
    BLACK35 said:
    I didn't get to watch game yesterday due to being at work. But watched whatever highlites and replays that I could. Looks like lots of great opportunities and a great effort by our men, just fell short. Really sucks and it looks like we should or deserved a better fate. Can't believe Davies missed that penalty kick, that could have changed the whole way rest of game was played.
    I'll be tuning in Saturday and were going to get the win. Let's Go Canada! I still believe!
    If they play the same way, they will beat Croatia. They deserved a better result against Belgium. 
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,478
    Excited for this match today! Nothing wrong in cracking a beer at 10 this morning and getting my groove on for the game is there lol!
    Go Canada Go!!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Great game! Exciting football. Croatians class in the box just too much for the Canadian defenders. The Croatians move the ball so well. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    Great game! Exciting football. Croatians class in the box just too much for the Canadian defenders. The Croatians move the ball so well. 
    Yeah they were overmatched but still can take lessons from this tournament and build on it! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Yeah they were overmatched but still can take lessons from this tournament and build on it! 
    Agreed! Now that we got that first ever goal out of the way, let’s get the first result against Morocco
  • Options
    Well that was disappointing after that fast start. But as that match went on, you could see Croatia was the better team. Still happy with how are mens team played and this is just the start, can only go up from here
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Well, two of the four teams in the group made the semifinals and the other was ranked #2 in the world. I thought about it after Morocco’s stunning win over Portugal. There were in each of these games with a chance for a result. The Croatian game got away from them a bit when they were pressing for the equalizer, but the 4-1 score doesn’t reflect the competitiveness of the game.

They have seen the quality at this level. The two things I would suggest Herdman work on with this group is team defence as the breakdowns proved costly, and a little more class inside the box. I observed players taking shots when options were available or making passes when shots were available. It also appeared at times that my main man, Alphonso Davies, was trying to do too much. Jonathan David did not make much of an impact. 

Estaquio and Buchanan were a revelation. Looking forward to 2026! 

• Options
    I was thinking much the same thing after the Morocco win. Just shows how competitive our pool was and I think we did pretty damm good job! Just makes you think if we could have pulled off a couple of upsets, what could have been. Not saying we could have won the whole thing, but could defintley made some noise
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    BLACK35 said:
    I was thinking much the same thing after the Morocco win. Just shows how competitive our pool was and I think we did pretty damm good job! Just makes you think if we could have pulled off a couple of upsets, what could have been. Not saying we could have won the whole thing, but could defintley made some noise
    Exactly! This team is on the rise. Still very young for the most part. It’s really exciting to see this era of Canadian Football. I’m all in for 2026.
    Of course, now it’s back to CONCACAF. Always a good time…