2»

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    Pink Floyd
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    The Who is such a boring band.

No kidding!  I saw them in '68 when they tour for The Who Sell Out album.  Even with second row seat, I slept through the whole thing.  Utter waste of time.

Also, I'm a big fat liar!
    I saw them in 2007 at Globen arena in Stockholm.

A lot of older women holding glasses of cheap red wine and being unpleasantly drunk.

WAY not the same band in 2007. 
    I noticed that when the spotlight was just in Pete and Roger. And the bass player and drummer back behind them in shadow. 

As I remember it atleast. 

They sold DVD's of every show on that tour though. Pretty cool. Pearl Jam did not follow suit sadly.

I can't blame Pete and Roger wanting to carry on.  They do it because they love making music.  But when we talk about The Who, I don't even think of post-Moon Who as the same band.  And even more so post-Entwistle.  Keith and John were both essential to the heart and soul of The Who.  Everything after them was either a different band or a tribute band and I don't know much about all that.  I stop following the who after Who Are You (and even by then the band had for the most part lost most of it's appeal for many fans).
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited November 2021
    Queen
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

No kidding!  I saw them in '68 when they tour for The Who Sell Out album.  Even with second row seat, I slept through the whole thing.  Utter waste of time.

A lot of older women holding glasses of cheap red wine and being unpleasantly drunk.

I noticed that when the spotlight was just in Pete and Roger. And the bass player and drummer back behind them in shadow. 

They sold DVD's of every show on that tour though. Pretty cool. Pearl Jam did not follow suit sadly.

I can't blame Pete and Roger wanting to carry on.  They do it because they love making music.  But when we talk about The Who, I don't even think of post-Moon Who as the same band.  And even more so post-Entwistle.  Keith and John were both essential to the heart and soul of The Who.  Everything after them was either a different band or a tribute band and I don't know much about all that.  I stop following the who after Who Are You (and even by then the band had for the most part lost most of it's appeal for many fans).
    It's a put on.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Pink Floyd
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

It's a put on.

What, the latter Who?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,838
    Queen
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

It's a put on.

What, the latter Who?
    It's a quote from the song Eminence Front.

• Options
    The Who
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

It's a put on.

What, the latter Who?

He usually adds quotation marks when he does that.

"That Buford's a sly one."
  • Options
    The Who
    Queen got slaughtered. Is it time to close this infamous round, MedozK? Please say yes.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited November 2021
    Queen
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

It's a put on.

What, the latter Who?

Fixed. 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Queen
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

It's a put on.

What, the latter Who?

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Pink Floyd
    LOL, y'all crack me up.  :lol:

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Queen with 24 votes the The Who with 10 votes have been eliminated in Round 3.
This discussion has been closed.