Options

POLL - The WEAKEST LINK of BRITISH BANDS - ROUND 3

MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
Ok, so I haven't done one of my 'Weakest Link' polls in Other Music in a long while so I thought I would take this back to where it started with music.

Continuing with Round 3 so we can debate our love of British Bands.

Lets determine the GREATEST BRITISH BAND.

You are going to pick the band that you think is the "Weakest Link" after 2 days I remove the two (2) bands with the most votes. We will then move on to Round 4.

The Who
Black Sabbath - Eliminated Round 2
Queen
The Rolling Stones
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
The Beatles
The Clash - Eliminated Round 2
Radiohead - Eliminated Round 1
Oasis - Eliminated Round 1

POLL - The WEAKEST LINK of BRITISH BANDS - ROUND 3 45 votes

The Who
22%
pjl44Spiritual_Chaosdr. Mowinckelmfc2006madtowndavetempo_n_grooveOffSheGoes35PJ_Souljoe159drakeheuer14 10 votes
Queen
53%
pjhawksPoncierLedbetterman10iOnlyownMymindcutztbergspledgeagrievanceRP112579GlowGirldr122931AW124797DW139059RS151862dankindGern BlanstenMerkin BallereddiecF Me In The BrainHobbes23scidoo 24 votes
The Rolling Stones
6%
Johnny AbruzzoBLACK35eeriepadave 3 votes
Pink Floyd
11%
goldrushBrainofBGATim SimmonsbrianluxRE658041 5 votes
Led Zeppelin
4%
erebusjeff2040 2 votes
The Beatles
2%
mickeyrat 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    Pink Floyd
    Sorry Floyd fans, I know you are rabid fans.  Fortunately, a good friend of mine does not post here or I would be in some deep shit, lol!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Queen
    I was surprised that Sabbath got bounced before Queen.  Two very different bands though.
  • Options
    The Who
    A cry for help

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Queen
    A cry for help

Next round would be a Beatles/Led Zep toss up for me, assuming Queen is punted. Like all of these bands, just some more so than others. 
  • Options
    The Who
    Consolation for Queen fans:

Queen has felt the love. :heart:
  • Options
    The Who
    C'mon Radiohead/Oasis/Black Sabbath/The Clash fans. Let's see the love up in here!
  • Options
    The Who

Radiohead feeling the love.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,383
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Pink Floyd
    C'mon Radiohead/Oasis/Black Sabbath/The Clash fans. Let's see the love up in here!
    Yes, and a nod to this great British band, Joy Division:
    Joy Division 10 of the Best  Joy Division  The Guardian

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    The Who
    It's the Greatest British band and that has to be the Beatles even though they aren't my favorite I understand their place in history.

Had it said "Rock Band" my vote would have been Led Zep.
  • Options
    The Who
    It's the Greatest British band and that has to be the Beatles even though they aren't my favorite I understand their place in history.

• Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,400
    The Rolling Stones

Just pick the one you like best (or least, I guess).
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Pink Floyd

Just curious, if not a rock band, how do you describe the Beatles?

• Options
    The Who
    brianlux said:

Borderline folk to me. Their earlier stuff has an almost doowop feel too.
  • Options
    The Who

Just pick the one you like best (or least, I guess).
    I picked the right one.
  • Options
    Pink Floyd
    brianlux said:

Interesting.  I tend to think of early Beatles as pop-rock and roll, and later Beatles rock/psychedelic rock.  I guess by "rock" you mean "hard rock"?  Beatles were not hard rock, that's for sure. 

• Options
    The Who
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Interesting.  I tend to think of early Beatles as pop-rock and roll, and later Beatles rock/psychedelic rock.  I guess by "rock" you mean "hard rock"?  Beatles were not hard rock, that's for sure. 

No, not hard at all.  Hell Big bopper and Ritchie Valens are considered Rock too though.  Again it has that doowop feel to it with a country undertone.

They are rock but a lot different compared to the rest on the list.
  • Options
    The Who

Oasis feeling the love.
  • Options
    The Who

Black Sabbath 💕

• Options
    The Who
    The Who is such a boring band.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,841
    Queen
    Classic Rock In Pics on Twitter Pete Townshend jumping in the air in  front of an amazed Keith Moon 1968 httpstcondy1UcjlNk  Twitter
    I respectfully disagree!

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

No, not hard at all.  Hell Big bopper and Ritchie Valens are considered Rock too though.  Again it has that doowop feel to it with a country undertone.

Yea, I consider the early "Elvis" "Big Bopper" stuff more "Rock & Roll"... and the later stuff "Rock"
  • Options
    The Who
    MedozK said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Yea, I consider the early "Elvis" "Big Bopper" stuff more "Rock & Roll"... and the later stuff "Rock"
    That's a proper terminology for it.  Perfect.  TY.
  • Options
    The Who
    Too much love in this thread for you, S_C?

Okay...

INXS>>>Oasis. Is that better? :tongue:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,524
    The Who

I've never been a fan.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,383
    The Who
    PJ_Soul said:

I've never been a fan.
    Same here. They have a couple of songs that I don't mind, but they never really got my attention.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Pink Floyd

No kidding!  I saw them in '68 when they tour for The Who Sell Out album.  Even with second row seat, I slept through the whole thing.  Utter waste of time.

Also, I'm a big fat liar!

• Options
    The Who
    brianlux said:

No kidding!  I saw them in '68 when they tour for The Who Sell Out album.  Even with second row seat, I slept through the whole thing.  Utter waste of time.

I saw them in 2007 at Globen arena in Stockholm.

A lot of older women holding glasses of cheap red wine and being unpleasantly drunk.
  • Options
    Pink Floyd
    brianlux said:

A lot of older women holding glasses of cheap red wine and being unpleasantly drunk.

WAY not the same band in 2007. 

• Options
    The Who
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

WAY not the same band in 2007. 
    I noticed that when the spotlight was just in Pete and Roger. And the bass player and drummer back behind them in shadow. 

As I remember it atleast. 

They sold DVD's of every show on that tour though. Pretty cool. Pearl Jam did not follow suit sadly.
This discussion has been closed.