Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

Hit and run posts with no source.

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 35,619
Dear mods,
Can we put an end to these hit and run trolling memes, especially the ones that not not include the source?  It's obvious trolling and is making a bad joke out of some of the threads here.  I know of other forums that do not allow simply posting memes with no content from the poster and no source.  Seems like a good idea.  Thanks for considering it.
(Just a heads up from the get-go, I will ignore any snarky remarks and trolling of this post.)
"I believe in the mystery, and I don't want to take it any further than that. Maybe what I mean by that is love."
-John Densmore

Comments

• brianlux said:
    Dear mods,
    Can we put an end to these hit and run trolling memes, especially the ones that not not include the source?  It's obvious trolling and is making a bad joke out of some of the threads here.  I know of other forums that do not allow simply posting memes with no content from the poster and no source.  Seems like a good idea.  Thanks for considering it.
    (Just a heads up from the get-go, I will ignore any snarky remarks and trolling of this post.)
    I post a lot of GIFS. I hope those are ok! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 35,619
    ^^^
    As far as I know, a gif posted by itself with no comment is allowed (although I can't say for certain).   I just think it's better to include a statement of one's own.  But I'm not a moderator, so that's just my take. 
    What I find irritating are gif meant merely to troll a thread, especially when the do not include a source.  They just take up space and are meant to pester.

"I believe in the mystery, and I don't want to take it any further than that. Maybe what I mean by that is love."
    -John Densmore

• Where would society be. If one would not be allowed to respond with a single GIF.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 35,619
    Where would society be. If one would not be allowed to respond with a single GIF.

Real?
    -John Densmore