Options

Glen Hansard tix on sale today - Struck out

PJinILPJinIL satan's bed Posts: 431
Hey there, I was waiting on TM for the public sale, tickets were GONE. Didn't have a fighting chance at scoring. Anyone have luck getting Chicago tickets? Anyone get extras :)
It's amazing what you hear when you take time to listen.

Comments

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,833
    They went really fast. I managed to score one for NYC. I wanted to get two, but within a few seconds only scattered single seats were showing up. At least I got a decent seat though. 
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    I hope he and Marketa come to Europe as well some day. For now I’m happy with my Frames and solo Glen tickets though. Congratulations to everyone who scored tickets :)
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    @PJinIL do you only want 2, or would you buy 1 if 1 pops up?  I'll keep an eye out for you.  I assume you want Chicago, since you're in IL?  Or which city were you looking for?
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    When I bought my ticket during the sale for NYC the seats were disappearing fast. As I mentioned above I managed to score one of the last tickets. Then last night I went back to look and there were tons of tickets on sale listed as verified resale. They were marked up 50 to 100 percent from the original sale price. There were too many for it just to be a few people who decided they couldn’t go. I suspect bots bought most of them up and now they are all back on sale for a higher price. TM really needs to do something about this even though they profit from these verified resales. 
  • Options
    @JH6056 I appreciate the lookout for the tickets! Two would be great and yes, for Chicago ideally. I have some good PJ merch that I can trade, or can do a cash deal as well. Lots of time left, hopefully something will work out.
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    When I bought my ticket during the sale for NYC the seats were disappearing fast. As I mentioned above I managed to score one of the last tickets. Then last night I went back to look and there were tons of tickets on sale listed as verified resale. They were marked up 50 to 100 percent from the original sale price. There were too many for it just to be a few people who decided they couldn’t go. I suspect bots bought most of them up and now they are all back on sale for a higher price. TM really needs to do something about this even though they profit from these verified resales. 
    It's even worse than that - I also just went on the NYC site, and I saw front row tix that I'd actually had in my cart and then this bogus message said "Your request has timed out", like literally only moments after I snagged them and didn't get the "Another fan beat you to these tix" message.  It happened about 4 times, always for very good close tix, 2, and it was so clearly some fix Ticketmaster has on the tix because now I see the EXACT TWO TIX in the front row (I wrote down the seats). So if I get kicked out for a BS "time out" (there was no clock visible but they always give more than a few seconds for you to check out) and now they're "verified resale tix", it's a scam by Ticketmaster.
  • Options
    JH6056 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    It's even worse than that - I also just went on the NYC site, and I saw front row tix that I'd actually had in my cart and then this bogus message said "Your request has timed out", like literally only moments after I snagged them and didn't get the "Another fan beat you to these tix" message.  It happened about 4 times, always for very good close tix, 2, and it was so clearly some fix Ticketmaster has on the tix because now I see the EXACT TWO TIX in the front row (I wrote down the seats). So if I get kicked out for a BS "time out" (there was no clock visible but they always give more than a few seconds for you to check out) and now they're "verified resale tix", it's a scam by Ticketmaster.
    Wow. That is so infuriating. Why is it illegal to scalp a ticket, but when Ticketmaster calls it “verified fan resale” it is ok?
  • Options
    I agree @GlowGirl they need to clamp down on it! 
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450
    glen hansard? :tired_face:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I agree @GlowGirl they need to clamp down on it! 
    I think the problem is, Ticketmaster will never clamp down on itself. It's so corrupt, that's why PJ went to battle them in the first place way back when.  They are totally running a scam and there's probably very little artists can do about it.  They are NOT going to police themselves.
  • Options
    yeah, resale is a bad deal. This is exactly why I love10c tickets. I haven't scored every show, but have always scored tickets for every tour I've been able to attend for PJ. Without going to the secondary market. 

I don't mind the secondary market in principle. I don't like that tickets get snatched up for the sole purpose of getting them to the secondary market to turn a buck.

I got some time, will keep an eye out, but wanted to put out the feelers. Cheers to anyone making the tour!
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,756
    Should be easy to get face or under. Like glen hansard. Did not know he is so popular.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    I was surprised how quickly Chicago sold out. We were lucky and scored front row balcony (loge) during the Wed pre-sale, but if PJ ends up rescheduling the NA shows in March, I'll offer them up here since we're holding tickets for STL and the whole west coast run from Denver through Oakland.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 741
    edited March 2022
    Damn it. Just got the mail that Glen cancelled all shows ( except Ireland ) this year. 
    Saw the reason.....good luck Glen...all the strenght to you and your love ones.

Post edited by Robbert on
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    Hate to see this. He seems like such a good dude and both his music and shows are awesome. We saw him with Marketa a few weeks ago and it was magical. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,488
    We really enjoyed watching him as the opening act for the Earthlings and playing in the Earthlings in Chicago. Hopefully everything works out for his situation.