Options

POLL - The WEAKEST LINK of BRITISH BANDS - ROUND 1

2»

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Oasis
    Even if Radiohead gets knocked out early, it won't change the fact that they are easily one of my all time favorite bands. I'd listen to them over just about anyone else.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    The Clash
    If the stones get bounced in round one it would be a travesty.  Of all the polls, this might be the toughest one.  4-5 of these bands are on my favorite bands of all time list and the ones that aren't I really, really like.  Good poll.  Tough.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,938
    Oasis
    bbiggs said:
    If the stones get bounced in round one it would be a travesty.  Of all the polls, this might be the toughest one.  4-5 of these bands are on my favorite bands of all time list and the ones that aren't I really, really like.  Good poll.  Tough.

unless the stones get 2 more votes oasis and radiohead get the axe.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,390
    Oasis
    I've never flagged a post for the mods to take action, but seeing votes for The Stones or The Clash this early on has me rethinking my position on flagging.
  • Options
    Radiohead
    Thank you for the candid answers. I was just curious, because it would be interesting to know who would reign supreme in a world without the Stones & Beatles. Even if the final ends up being Beatles vs. Stones, we can consider the third place band as the answer, I suppose.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    Oasis
    Thank you for the candid answers. I was just curious, because it would be interesting to know who would reign supreme in a world without the Stones & Beatles. Even if the final ends up being Beatles vs. Stones, we can consider the third place band as the answer, I suppose.

While I might have argued for those bands in the past, for whatever reason seeing this poll has me thinking LZ, Floyd, and Sabbath are preferred.
    Yes, I can always listen to Stones and Beatles.  Always enjoy.  However, right now I wanna rock!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,880
    Oasis
    Popular stones is ok. Their magic is in the lesser known trax. Imho. Zep bores me lately.
  • Options
    Oasis
    Hobbes said:
    I've never flagged a post for the mods to take action, but seeing votes for The Stones or The Clash this early on has me rethinking my position on flagging.
    The Clash I could argue as #3.  They opened up the doors to a whole new swath of music. 
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,390
    Oasis
    Hobbes said:
    The Clash I could argue as #3.  They opened up the doors to a whole new swath of music. 
    I'm trying to accept that The Clash will most likely be voted out next round. This poll is brutal. 
  • Options
    Oasis
    this could easily have been a series based on era
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,498
    Radiohead
    I like Oasis, but I know the hate for them. I can't stand Radiohead so this round was easy.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,997
    Oasis
    I like Oasis as well. I have several of their albums, but compared to the others, I had to vote them out. I would have liked to have seen the Cure on this list. But I know the OP can't include everyone.
  • Options
    Oasis
    series by era and genre. 5 groups. 2 finalists of each group move on to an all time poll even though half are also rans....

• Options
    Radiohead
    Why isn't this band on the list?

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited November 2021
    Why isn't this band on the list?

lol I knew I forgot someone
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    series by era and genre. 5 groups. 2 finalists of each group move on to an all time poll even though half are also rans....
    I was actually planning something like that for American bands next, but your idea is better than what I was thinking... so if you don't mind I will do that type thing next.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,773
    Oasis
    MedozK said:
    mickeyrat said:
    I was actually planning something like that for American bands next, but your idea is better than what I was thinking... so if you don't mind I will do that type thing next.

I hope your are getting well paid for all this work!  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Oasis
    MedozK said:
    mickeyrat said:

no prob. offered up because I wouldnt do this.

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,218
    Oasis
    would have liked to see The Kinks on this list.  One of the most underrated bands ever.
  • Options
    Oasis
    pjhawks said:
    would have liked to see The Kinks on this list.  One of the most underrated bands ever.

Good point!  They really are underappreciated!
    The poll set up on this site only allows (what, I think 9?) so many options.  Would love to see that change and I'm sure MedozK would have expanded the list were it possible.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:
    pjhawks said:

The poll set up on this site only allows (what, I think 9?) so many options.  Would love to see that change and I'm sure MedozK would have expanded the list were it possible.

Definitely. Polls limited to 10 choices really makes me make choices.. I always go away with "dang I should have included" on almost all the ones I have done.
  • Options
    Oasis
    MedozK said:
    brianlux said:
    pjhawks said:

Definitely. Polls limited to 10 choices really makes me make choices.. I always go away with "dang I should have included" on almost all the ones I have done.

Not you fault and no complaints.  I always dig your polls- good job!

• Options
    last time i saw Charlie play live, i called it the greatest show on earth.

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,840
    Oasis
    I'm still trying to figure out who the 3rd best band is, because The Beatles and Zepp have 1-2 locked out.
  • Options
    Radiohead
    When I posted that Pearl Jam should come out to the Oasis intro song "Fuckin' in the bushes" when playing Manchester, the thread was locked and I got warned for being a troll by a moderator. Never got an explanation about what would be trolling about that opinion. 

It's the most hyped up intro song for a live act of all time. Of all time. I stand by that Pearl Jam should come out to it when playing Manchester. Radiohead aint got a hyped out intro like this:

https://youtu.be/dVD_Sjk7OYY

Liam version:

https://youtu.be/tc2aQTW_Lxk
    That is Oasis' thing though.  I wouldn't expect Oasis to walk into Master/Slave
    I wouldn't expect Liam to do it at least: 

https://youtu.be/ZBiqYlV5nDg
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Oasis with 26 votes and Radiohead with 6 votes have been eliminated in Round 1
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,983
    The Rolling Stones
    pjhawks said:

or maybe the Arctic Monkeys
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly