POLL- THE WEAKEST LINK: BEST SCARY MOVIE - FINALS

2»

Comments

• Halloween (1978

I think The Exorcist is going to win.

Why wasn’t Omen, Rosemary’s baby, Scream, Child’s play, Hellraiser, Poltergeist, Let the right one in, KISS meets the Phantom of the Park in the running

You never know, MedozK might do another round of scary movies next Halloween. What did you think of Candyman(1992) the first time you watched it? It was scary to me.
    I don't remember it. The same kid who had Child's play recorded on VHS had it. So I watched it once or twice. But don't remember much. Should re-watch!

Hopefully, it's still streaming on Netflix-- I want to re-watch it too. Let's see how it has aged. 
    Not in the kingdom Sweden. 

But I can rent it. 

Maybe I should re-watch it and watch the remake that came out this year... but a friend said it was bad and that I would hate it.
    I think we should skip it. If it didn't make an impression on you as a kid, then it isn't properly scary.  :) 
  • Halloween (1978
    I'm going to watch The Amityville Horror, because I've never seen it.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Halloween (1978
    Good call on The Descent.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Halloween (1978
    The original? That one got me when I saw it. 
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    edited November 2021
    Halloween (1978
    hedonist said:
    Yes, the original. Just finished. My nerves are fucking shot! That was good, but as the credits rolled I was left thinking, "did James Brolin's George's employees ever get paid?" 
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
    Halloween (1978
    The book was good too.

Brolin was considered so dreamy during that era. Pretty sure that’s where Babs’ interest in him began. 
  • Halloween (1978
    Thank you. I will add that to my TBR list.

Yeah, he looked pretty good for the first ten minutes of the movie. :smiley:
  • Halloween (1978
    hedonist said:
    Yes, the original. Just finished. My nerves are fucking shot! That was good, but as the credits rolled I was left thinking, "did James Brolin's George's employees ever get paid?" 
    Oh, you watcheeeed it.

just wanna say, from memory the 2005(?) Platinum Dunes remake with Ryan Reynolds isn't that bad either. And I believe one of the kids has a KISS t-shirt.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Halloween (1978
    hedonist said:
    Oh, you watcheeeed it.

just wanna say, from memory the 2005(?) Platinum Dunes remake with Ryan Reynolds isn't that bad either. And I believe one of the kids has a KISS t-shirt.

Cool! I see a movie marathon happening in my near future. Thanks!

Are any of the Omen sequels any good?
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    GREAT movie
  • Halloween (1978
    MedozK said:
    GREAT movie
    Yes, I'm so glad S_C mentioned it, because it was one of the classics that I never got around to watching. Now I can cross that one off my list. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited November 2021
    Halloween (1978
    It is not UPPERCLASS enough to be thrown in with Omen/Rosemary's Baby. Exorcist but it's still in that genre of film. 

A favorite of mine. 

Trivia: In Sweden it is named "Huset som Gud glömde" -- The House that God forgot
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Halloween (1978
    Good call on The Descent.  
    That's a film I wouldn't mind seeing again. Very good. Going to add it to my marathon list. ✓
  • Halloween (1978
    hedonist said:
    Oh, you watcheeeed it.

Cool! I see a movie marathon happening in my near future. Thanks!

Are any of the Omen sequels any good?
    I remember them being dull. Sam Neill is Damion in one of them I remember...

I saw the shitty remake on the 6th of June 2006 (6/6/6)... which I guess is something....
  • Halloween (1978
    It is not UPPERCLASS enough to be thrown in with Omen/Rosemary's Baby. Exorcist but it's still in that genre of film. 

A favorite of mine. 

Trivia: In Sweden it is named "Huset som Gud glömde" -- The House that God forgot
    I don't think God forgot about that house. :lol: If anything, it was the one house God remembered.
  • Halloween (1978

A favorite of mine. 

Can't believe you would like Rosemary's Baby more than Amityville Horror. Is it because RB was directed by Roman Polanski? 
  • Halloween (1978

A favorite of mine. 

Can't believe you would like Rosemary's Baby more than Amityville Horror. Is it because RB was directed by Roman Polanski? 
    I'm not a superfan of Rosemary's Baby.

1. The Exorcist
    2. The Amityville Horror
    3. Omen
    4. Rosemary's baby

Out of those four.

Are there any more "Satan going after an american upper class, often in New York" films?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Halloween (1978

A favorite of mine. 

1. The Exorcist
    2. The Amityville Horror
    3. Omen
    4. Rosemary's baby

Out of those four.

Are there any more "Satan going after an american upper class, often in New York" films?

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Halloween (1978

A favorite of mine. 

1. The Exorcist
    2. The Amityville Horror
    3. Omen
    4. Rosemary's baby

Out of those four.

Ohhhh that's why you like it,"Satan going after an american upper class"

Halloween (1978
    I never thought Ruth Gordon could be frightening until RB. 

Oh, and fuck Polanski. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Halloween (1978
    hedonist said:

Oh, and fuck Polanski. 
    It's all about Ruth Gordon!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Halloween (1978
    dankind said:
    hedonist said:

Oh, and fuck Polanski. 
    It's all about Ruth Gordon!
    You are correct, sir. (You HAVE seen Harold and Maude, right?)

That’s what I mean ;)
  • Halloween (1978
    hedonist said:

Oh, and fuck Polanski. 
    Fair enough. And yes, fuck Polanski.
  • Halloween (1978

A favorite of mine. 

1. The Exorcist
    2. The Amityville Horror
    3. Omen
    4. Rosemary's baby

Out of those four.

Unfortunately, that question is beyond my horror movie street cred. If I come across one, I will be sure to let you know. 
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Going to take a break from movies for a while and move my next Weakest Link back to the Other Music forum. Thanks to everyone for playing.
  • Halloween (1978
    Mixing it up--nice! Thank you, MedozK.
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Halloween (1978
    Fantastic! I like the mix.
  • Halloween (1978
    @MedozK when you come back please can we do John Carpenter films?
  • Halloween (1978
    @MedozK when you come back please can we do John Carpenter films?
    https://youtu.be/H_Nt1_TWdv0
  • Halloween (1978
    Thanks @Spiritual_Chaos x