Ok. Where the hell is Pearl Jam and what’s up with the US tour?

Comments

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,939
    kristie73 said:
    Coming in here to check the chatter on the tour.  Many other bands scheduled tours and have dates and I'm not sure why Pearl Jam hasn't announced anything yet.  I'm not traveling, local to Denver but still want to schedule other things in the Spring and Summer and just not sure what dates I need to keep for my Pearl Jam tickets.  Sigh, just wishing for the news already.  I wonder if they are going to reshuffle tickets (seats for Ten club and/or public sale?).  I like what I have but just wondering what is the logistics, what's the hold up? Sure the virus, the vaccine, being indoors, masks, etc. Just posting my impatience venting.
    I think the least likely outcome is that Pearl Jam will announce dates because that’s what other bands are doing. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• on2legs said:
    kristie73 said:
    Coming in here to check the chatter on the tour.  Many other bands scheduled tours and have dates and I'm not sure why Pearl Jam hasn't announced anything yet.  I'm not traveling, local to Denver but still want to schedule other things in the Spring and Summer and just not sure what dates I need to keep for my Pearl Jam tickets.  Sigh, just wishing for the news already.  I wonder if they are going to reshuffle tickets (seats for Ten club and/or public sale?).  I like what I have but just wondering what is the logistics, what's the hold up? Sure the virus, the vaccine, being indoors, masks, etc. Just posting my impatience venting.
    I think the least likely outcome is that Pearl Jam will announce dates because that’s what other bands are doing. 
    Then why have they announced and scheduled dates for Europe?  I'm not saying be like Tool or other bands, but aren't Arena's going to start booking dates for other bands or have they saved out those same dates for 2022 for Pearl Jam?
  • aidt17aidt17 Posts: 633
    Ontario plans for March 2022 to be rid of all Covid protocols. Indoor, outdoors,  vax passports, masking, everything faded into the background restriction wise by March 2022
    Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2

• Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,816
    edited October 2021
    Indoor mask requirements at TD Garden Saturday night were ignored and not  enforced even in the least.  They took 2 seconds to check my vaccine card copy when I entered. 

These restrictions don’t really mean much tbh, as they are often hardly enforced even at large arenas in cities like Boston that have been historically strict 
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    edited October 2021
    Many of them have kids who are not old enough to be vaccinated.

As a father of a five month old I am super careful and always have a mask on until she gets vaccinated. Not everyone's circumstances are alike. I would like them to tour but I get waiting until 2022 to make an announcement. 

Also, PJ has international fans. All those places and all those airports...I get being hesitant.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
    kristie73 said:
    on2legs said:
    kristie73 said:
    Then why have they announced and scheduled dates for Europe?  I'm not saying be like Tool or other bands, but aren't Arena's going to start booking dates for other bands or have they saved out those same dates for 2022 for Pearl Jam?
    I’m guessing they have holds on the arena dates and will wait as long as possible before announcing.  The goal of waiting is to make sure the Covid situation is as stable as possible and there hasn’t been a drastic increase in cases.  The last thing they want to do is announce too early and have to postpone again. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Can’t wait for Baltimore!  I’ll go. It’ll feel like a free show at this pt!
  • Then you can plan to wait until the band decides they are ready to play indoors or to announce their plans.

As I observed previously, Pearl Jam was not great about sharing advance notice on tours/legs/etc even well before COVID. 

They are clearly not concerned about people filling their calendars and playing to empty arenas. 

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Can’t wait for Baltimore!  I’ll go. It’ll feel like a free show at this pt!

That is certainly an upside to it -- don't have to pay for tickets now!  :lol:      
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 713
    According to the Springsteen forum, Bruce’s tour dates are coming this Thursday.
  • we need to kick covid's ass first and i can wait a little longer to be really free.
  • on2legs said:
    kristie73 said:
    on2legs said:
    kristie73 said:
    I’m guessing they have holds on the arena dates and will wait as long as possible before announcing.  The goal of waiting is to make sure the Covid situation is as stable as possible and there hasn’t been a drastic increase in cases.  The last thing they want to do is announce too early and have to postpone again. 
    All of the reasons make sense, but they have already rescheduled Europe.  So what's the difference?
  • I've been to a lot of indoor and outdoor shows since the end of August.  I'm fully vaxxed and happy to still mask up for live music.  We can't live in fear forever.  If people are uncomfortable going or refuse to get vaxxed, give them a refund option, but calendars are filling up, so it's time to announce the new dates with a full vax & mask requirement and they can be eased as the situation improves.  I'm holding tickets for 10 shows (8 U.S. and 2 E.U.) and plan to be at every single one.

'Full vax & mask requirement and they can be eased as the situation improves'???  That's funny.  Have you seen the numbers lately?  The situation has improved...until the next uptick, which is inevitable.  People can get jabbed and mask up if they want, and I don't even mind the negative test thing to attend shows for a while longer...but we need to move on with life and these shows need to be scheduled or cancelled.  I'm sick of the interest free loan to whoever is holding my money.  If people don't want to go to the shows...stay home.  Show me the money or give me the music!!!  And this is coming from someone who just caught covid at a recent show, probably from a vax'd person!  And I'd do it all over again to see PJ play.
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • we need to kick covid's ass first and i can wait a little longer to be really free.
    How exactly do we "kick covid's ass?"  And what does "a little longer mean"...2 years?  Do you think that this is going to be only the 2nd ever disease to be completely eradicated from the face of the earth like smallpox?  It's been here about two years now...when the calendar turns 2022 we need to make that a symbolic ending to this pandemic and realize it is going to be an endemic, end the mask mandates, and move on with life.
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 895
    As silly as this sounds, could we see Eddie and the Vedders (The Earthlings) before PJ at this point?  Maybe different members of PJ have different opinions, COVID stances and drive towards touring again.  I sure hope not but this is starting to get ridiculous with the lack of tour updates. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,522
    kristie73 said:
    I think it's the challenges.   I was reading a thing by Slash last week where when they weren't playing on stage they had to be locked up in their hotel rooms.   They couldn't go out and do anything because if they got Covid or a crew member got Covid it causes shows to get cancelled.  I can't imagine that's a great way to tour (it's hard enough being away from home for long period of times, let alone being trapped in a hotel why doing so).

We've seen other bands have to cancel dates, when they've had covid issues pop up with band/crew members.

It's still a little messy.  I can see why the band is trying to wait for it to be less messy.

As for me.  I have to cross the border to get to Oakland shows, so I'm not in a rush because I'm hoping it's get easier to cross the border (aka no covid tests, just vaccine cards) in the future.  Plus I get sick when I fly (always on the way back for some reason) so I don't really want to fly, which means if PJ plays oakland I'm looking at a long drive :(
    vedpunk said:
    As silly as this sounds, could we see Eddie and the Vedders (The Earthlings) before PJ at this point?  Maybe different members of PJ have different opinions, COVID stances and drive towards touring again.  I sure hope not but this is starting to get ridiculous with the lack of tour updates. 
    I’ll double down on my opinion that EV and the Earthlings is a more significant development than people want to believe 
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • I do think they should give the money back to the people who don't agree with how they are handling this and just move everyone else closer.
    No reason not to offer another opportunity to refund to those who no longer want their tickets.
    I do think they should give the money back to the people who don't agree with how they are handling this and just move everyone else closer.
    No reason not to offer another opportunity to refund to those who no longer want their tickets.
    Is the refund window closed?  I’ve successfully refunded tickets through both 10c and Ticketmaster very recently 
  • I do think they should give the money back to the people who don't agree with how they are handling this and just move everyone else closer.
    Is the refund window closed?  I’ve successfully refunded tickets through both 10c and Ticketmaster very recently 
    Really?
    If that is the case a lot of people should just change out their tickets and quit bitching about the fact that the band doesn't fit their viewpoint.
    vedpunk said:
    I’ll double down on my opinion that EV and the Earthlings is a more significant development than people want to believe 

Maybe. But I'm more of the opinion that Ed's dabbling with another band is mostly a product of a lot of free time during the pandemic. Ed's creative output, in my opinion, trails Jeff and Stone over the years.  He's been basically doing solo shows with the same material since 2007.  Personally, I don't really think Ed has a bunch of Earthling albums in the hopper. 

I don't disagree with this.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    on2legs said:
    vedpunk said:

Maybe. But I'm more of the opinion that Ed's dabbling with another band is mostly a product of a lot of free time during the pandemic. Ed's creative output, in my opinion, trails Jeff and Stone over the years.  He's been basically doing solo shows with the same material since 2007.  Personally, I don't really think Ed has a bunch of Earthling albums in the hopper. 
    This.
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,611
    we need to kick covid's ass first and i can wait a little longer to be really free.
    Unfortunately this will never happen.  Too many people don’t care enough.  
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    kramer73 said:
    we need to kick covid's ass first and i can wait a little longer to be really free.
    Unfortunately this will never happen.  Too many people don’t care enough.  
    It can’t be kicked any harder than it has been already though…
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • matt84 said:
    According to the Springsteen forum, Bruce’s tour dates are coming this Thursday.
    Huge, PJ could follow very quickly

Side note, was at MSG tonight and will be again tomorrow. Obviously need vaxx to get in, but no masks required. 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429

PJ where you at?
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,481
    I wonder how many people complaining about the date announcements are not vaccinated. Getting vaxed helps move us all forward.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    I wonder how many people complaining about the date announcements are not vaccinated. Getting vaxed helps move us all forward.
    I would be willing to bet that almost everyone here is fully vaccinated, but also at the point where they feel they have done what has been asked of them, and realize we have done just about everything we can to stop this thing and that it is going to be a part of our lives for the next 50 years in some way or another.  
  • I wonder how many people complaining about the date announcements are not vaccinated. Getting vaxed helps move us all forward.
    I would be willing to bet that almost everyone here is fully vaccinated, but also at the point where they feel they have done what has been asked of them, and realize we have done just about everything we can to stop this thing and that it is going to be a part of our lives for the next 50 years in some way or another.  

This may be true but also looks beyond what the band thinks is best.
    If they are still offering money back (which i believe you shared yesterday was what you thought was the case) then I don't see the big departure from everything we know of/from Pearl Jam for them to sit back and make sure the decision they go with is one they fully support and think is the best thing for them to do for their organization, crew, band, and fans. 
    (And this would include "thinking" for their fans as well as their fans' desire to see Pearl Jam at any costs being the lowest determining factor in their equation.)

Would I like to know the plans?  Sure, I would.
    Did I want to know what the full tour plans were well in advance of their last few tour announcements?  Sure did.  They always roll this stuff out as it seems right to them -- and not with top value being placed on travel plans and vacation plans of their crazed fan base.  :)

This discussion has been closed.