Options

Ok. Where the hell is Pearl Jam and what’s up with the US tour?

Whipping_BoyWhipping_Boy Plantation, FL Posts: 138
Been waiting patiently. Sitting on multiple pairs of tix to multiple US cities. It seems like the rest of the music industry has moved on to some form of business as usual. Except THE MOST IMPORTANT band Pearl Jam. All I ask for is some form of update. It’s the least they can do for the fans planning trips to shows. I know, first world problems, right?  But come on!  I need some hope of seeing PJ soon!

Comments

• Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,476
    The "latest" update is from July, when they announced Ohana Encore. I agree that it's about time for another update.

Pearl Jam's 2020 North American tour dates are expected to be rescheduled for early 2022. All tickets will be honored for the new show dates. Refunds for the 2020 North America tour are available at your point of purchase. Stay tuned to pearljam.com for the latest information.
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,751
    edited October 2021
    PHISH played Phoenix for the first time in 18 years last night. It’s time for a tour announcement. 
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    I would guess they are waiting until they feel comfortable playing indoors but just a total guess.

Not like Pearl Jam has a history of clear communications around tour plans.  For whatever reason this has been a thing for years.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    Oh boy stop already! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Oh boy stop already! 
    I can appreciate the “stop already” sentiment, as this horse has been beaten repeatedly.  That said, this is not a situation of anxious fans just clamoring for a tour.  People have money held up, vacation planning in limbo and most importantly, airline credits that are going to expire.  For those reasons, I think the constant desire to get some communication on the tour plans is warranted.  Airlines are not going to extend the “use by” date just because someone is a Pearl Jam super fan.
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    Oh boy stop already! 
    I can appreciate the “stop already” sentiment, as this horse has been beaten repeatedly.  That said, this is not a situation of anxious fans just clamoring for a tour.  People have money held up, vacation planning in limbo and most importantly, airline credits that are going to expire.  For those reasons, I think the constant desire to get some communication on the tour plans is warranted.  Airlines are not going to extend the “use by” date just because someone is a Pearl Jam super fan.
    I’m with you but to be honest, you can use your airline credit on something else. 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,159
    I'm in the same boat, and I'm not freaking out at the band.

I don't feel it's business as usual yet.  You go out and tour, you have to isolate between every gig because if someone in the band/crew gets covid, tour dates get cancelled.

Rumours are they're going to do the reschedule dates in the spring,  but I doubt the band is going to announce anything yet, because with covid, there's always the possibility something fucks it up again.

I don't really miss the $$ I spent on the tickets because it was so long ago now...  I'll look forward to the oakland shows when they happen :)
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    Oh boy stop already! 
    I’m with you but to be honest, you can use your airline credit on something else. 
    Oh absolutely you can use it elsewhere.  But many are holding on to it for the sole purpose of getting to a PJ show they’ve had tickets for, for close to 2 years.  Decisions need to be made in the near future for a lot of people. I’m personally using my flight credit elsewhere and will figure out PJ plans if/when the time comes. Not going to let life revolve around their tour. 
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,285
    Admittedly I tend to drink the PJ cool-aid and ask for another round.  But holding spring 2020 tix with no reschedule date in site is getting a little ridiculous.  Don't get me wrong, once the make up dates are announced I'll immediately re-book my flight and hotel (if it doesn't conflict with plans already made). But I'm now more appreciative of how Tool and RATM handled their cancellations and re-schedules.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    edited October 2021
    The vaccines are here.  What is going to change in the next year or three years?  Either status quo - variants that the vaccines generally take care of like today or terrible variants that shut everything down again which seems unlikely.

Probably comes down to negotiation about who will bear the loss if there are cancellations.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    That can be the way you feel about it....in the state where they have the attitude that things should be back to normal they are still averaging 100+ dead per day from COVID.
    We are both guessing....

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Good luck OP! Times are far from normal, and they will either make good on make up dates or issue across the board refunds to those of us who’ve held out. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    That can be the way you feel about it....in the state where they have the attitude that things should be back to normal they are still averaging 100+ dead per day from COVID.
    We are both guessing....

If those were vaccinated people then it would be a different story.  I am guessing those are 90% non-vaccinated.
  • Options
    We are both guessing....

If those were vaccinated people then it would be a different story.  I am guessing those are 90% non-vaccinated.
    I don't disagree with your guess, but a guess to put on top is that the band members care about (even) unvaccinated people.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    We are both guessing....

I don't disagree with your guess, but a guess to put on top is that the band members care about (even) unvaccinated people.
    Those unvaccinated people aren’t cowering at home.  They are most likely out and about going to work, restaurants, sporting events, etc…. A PJ show will be one the 100’s of places they could have caught covid.

If they are unvaccinated and concerned still about Covid, then they can stay home.

This is a tough call.  I just don’t see much changing and think we are at the point where it is time to move on.  Encourage vaccinations as much as possible, but return to normalcy.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    We are both guessing....

Those unvaccinated people aren’t cowering at home.  They are most likely out and about going to work, restaurants, sporting events, etc…. A PJ show will be one the 100’s of places they could have caught covid.

If they are unvaccinated and concerned still about Covid, then they can stay home.

This is a tough call.  I just don’t see much changing and think we are at the point where it is time to move on.  Encourage vaccinations as much as possible, but return to normalcy.
    We know our own opinions but not those of the band. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,427
    We are both guessing....

We know our own opinions but not those of the band. 
    This.  And those are the only opinions that matter. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Also, if you’re at a point career wise where you don’t have to tour to earn a living AND want to be cautious, you can. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,931
    Waiting....watching the clock...
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    edited October 2021
    I would guess they are waiting until they feel comfortable playing indoors but just a total guess.

Not like Pearl Jam has a history of clear communications around tour plans.  For whatever reason this has been a thing for years.
    Ament said as much in an interview over the summer; they aren't comfortable getting into arenas w/ a fan base that travels as much as theirs does. I also assume Roskilde looms large over their decision making process here. 

I do feel for the people who have airline credits about to expire, and for your sake, I hope the band makes an announcement ASAP. 
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Not holding my breath or stressing about it at all. We'll all know eventually.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    Also, if you’re at a point career wise where you don’t have to tour to earn a living AND want to be cautious, you can. 
    I totally agree with this when it comes to scheduling new dates, but they do have to address the shows they have already sold tickets to. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    I totally agree with this when it comes to scheduling new dates, but they do have to address the shows they have already sold tickets to. 
    Spot on.

• Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    We are ready PJ! Bring it on! Every show I see makes me want you guys more!
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836
    edited October 2021
    We are ready PJ! Bring it on! Every show I see makes me want you guys more!

• Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 818
    bbiggs said:
    Oh boy stop already! 
    You're forgetting a few very important points...using 'airline credit on something else' takes more vacation time and money...something people may not have.  Also, people may simply not want to travel anywhere because they are leery of covid or just hate to travel.  Let's go PJ...get that last bootleg from 10/2 out this week and next week give us an update at least.  
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,159
    I'm not sure what good an update would do?

If they said something, like we're tentatively making plans to play the makeup dates of the 2020 tour in March/April of 2021.  We're watching how things develop with Covid.  If we are comfortable with the state of Covid in the new year we will look to make dates official at that time.

You can't really plan around that anyways.. lol.   
  • Options
    Coming in here to check the chatter on the tour.  Many other bands scheduled tours and have dates and I'm not sure why Pearl Jam hasn't announced anything yet.  I'm not traveling, local to Denver but still want to schedule other things in the Spring and Summer and just not sure what dates I need to keep for my Pearl Jam tickets.  Sigh, just wishing for the news already.  I wonder if they are going to reshuffle tickets (seats for Ten club and/or public sale?).  I like what I have but just wondering what is the logistics, what's the hold up? Sure the virus, the vaccine, being indoors, masks, etc. Just posting my impatience venting.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    I've been to a lot of indoor and outdoor shows since the end of August.  I'm fully vaxxed and happy to still mask up for live music.  We can't live in fear forever.  If people are uncomfortable going or refuse to get vaxxed, give them a refund option, but calendars are filling up, so it's time to announce the new dates with a full vax & mask requirement and they can be eased as the situation improves.  I'm holding tickets for 10 shows (8 U.S. and 2 E.U.) and plan to be at every single one.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
This discussion has been closed.